MA - Man stabs 4 at theater in Braintree and 2 at McDonalds in Plymouth, arrested, may be linked to murder in Connecticut - 25 May 2024

ifindedout

Reaction score
Suspect not named yet.
BRAINTREE - A male suspect has been arrested in connection with a stabbing that wounded four girls in an AMC movie theater south of Boston Saturday, authorities said. CBS Boston has learned that the same suspect may be responsible for a similar incident which may have occurred at a McDonald's restaurant in Plymouth.

A man stabbed four girls inside a theater at an AMC multiplex in Braintree at around 6 p.m. local time, the Braintree Police Department reported. Braintree is located about 12 miles south of Boston.

Police said the man entered the multiplex without a ticket, went into a theater, and then attacked the four girls, ages 9 to 17, unprovoked. The girls were hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries, police said.

[...]

The suspect led Massachusetts State Police on a car chase before crashing in the town of Sandwich, which is located south of Plymouth. He was taken into custody and is being treated at a nearby hospital.

snapshot-25-05-2024-2005.jpg
ETA
It appears that the same man is linked to a series of crimes touching at least four towns in two states. The suspect went as far as to stab four young girls in an unprovoked attack at a movie theater, authorities say. Officers did not initially identify the man.

The earliest allegation was down in the town of Deep River, Connecticut, at the southern part of the state. Troopers said they responded on Saturday, at approximately 3:36 p.m., to a report of a disturbance.

“A deceased individual was found at this location. The identity of the decedent has not been confirmed and the investigation remains active and ongoing,” they wrote.

Last edited:

"The suspect who allegedly stabbed four young girls inside a Massachusetts AMC movie theater Saturday night was "laughing the whole time," the mother of three of the victims said.

Four girls, ages 9 to 17, were stabbed Saturday inside the Braintree AMC theater around 6 p.m. They were all hospitalized, but are expected to survive."

Massachusetts authorities have identified the knife-wielding madman who attacked six people in a Saturday stabbing spree as Jared Ravizza. Ravizza is accused of wounding four girls in a Braintree, Massachusetts movie theater before attacking two others at a McDonald’s in Plymouth. His name was first reported by Boston 25 News, which cited a law enforcement source.

"A man who allegedly stabbed at least one person at the McDonalds rest area in Plymouth is in custody after leading State and local police on a high speed chase that ended in a fiery crash. It started about 7 PM Saturday with a report of a person having been stabbed at the McDonalds. The suspect took off in his Porsche onto Route 3 southbound and crossed the Sagamore Bridge as officials learned he was also wanted for an out of state homicide. Bourne and Sandwich Police joined the chase which came to an end when the suspect crashed on Cotuit Road near Asa Meiggs Road. The Porsche became fully involving in flames after the crash. The suspect was subdued by police and taken into custody."

Suspect not named yet.

BRAINTREE - A male suspect has been arrested in connection with a stabbing that wounded four girls in an AMC movie theater south of Boston Saturday, authorities said. CBS Boston has learned that the same suspect may be responsible for a similar incident which may have occurred at a McDonald's restaurant in Plymouth.

A man stabbed four girls inside a theater at an AMC multiplex in Braintree at around 6 p.m. local time, the Braintree Police Department reported. Braintree is located about 12 miles south of Boston.

Police said the man entered the multiplex without a ticket, went into a theater, and then attacked the four girls, ages 9 to 17, unprovoked. The girls were hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries, police said.

[...]

The suspect led Massachusetts State Police on a car chase before crashing in the town of Sandwich, which is located south of Plymouth. He was taken into custody and is being treated at a nearby hospital.

View attachment 505997
ETA

It appears that the same man is linked to a series of crimes touching at least four towns in two states. The suspect went as far as to stab four young girls in an unprovoked attack at a movie theater, authorities say. Officers did not initially identify the man.

The earliest allegation was down in the town of Deep River, Connecticut, at the southern part of the state. Troopers said they responded on Saturday, at approximately 3:36 p.m., to a report of a disturbance.

“A deceased individual was found at this location. The identity of the decedent has not been confirmed and the investigation remains active and ongoing,” they wrote.
It's so crazy out here; anywhere out here. I'm grateful the girls are alive and the painful discovery of the deceased victim. And McDonald's twice? Not to mention the travel time & thought process this perpetrator had between the spread from Conn to Burlington, Ma then to Cape Cod. There's no way out of the Cape unless ya wanna be eaten by sharks.. the Ferries aren't going anywhere without a ticket. It's good he was caught. However, unfortunately, now to the next offender...

It certainly looks like the same man. There's a lot of info out there about him.

I agree. And if the Instagram profile I saw is his, he has a lot of followers.

If this is him, the photos/facial expressions are giving me the same vibes as Sam Haskell. MOO.

I agree. And if the Instagram profile I saw is his, he has a lot of followers.

If this is him, the photos/facial expressions are giving me the same vibes as Sam Haskell. MOO.
I suspect it's the same man (the IG account).

I didn't follow that other case but this one has plenty of violent creepy vibes all it's own.

The Post article first calls the person “Jason Ravizza,” then later “Jared Ravizza.” Looks like Jared is correct but info about both is available online. They look similar, both with long blond hair. Maybe father/son?

Island residents, who all asked that their names not be used because of of fear for their safety, said Ravizza was quick to anger and often seemed unhinged. Two people were said to have contacted police about his behavior, and their concerns that he was capable of violence. West Tisbury Police Chief Matt Mincone said there was an “active case” on Ravizza when asked about an alleged restraining order, but referred The Times to the Cape and Islands District Attorney’s Office. Danielle Whitney, the DA spokesperson, declined to comment.

It is unclear when he and a man who was frequently with him — and whom Ravizza has introduced as his father — arrived on the Island, renting a property and claiming to have a longtime connection to the community. It was also unclear if the name he used, Jared Ravizza, was his real name or an assumed identity. Dukes County court records show that on April 2, a petition was filed by a Jared Ravizza Jones to change his name to Jared Jones. It is unclear where that case stands.

The above article also references an earlier one in the MV Times from 2021:
Before he was even a teenager, Jared Ravizza began working with people with disabilities. Now as an adult, through the Ravizza Global Initiative, he’s continuing that work, but has expanded its scope.

Ravizza has been coming seasonally to Martha’s Vineyard, Cotuit, and other areas on the Cape and Islands since he was a child. Growing up in Massachusetts, Ravizza learned to ski at an early age — a skill that became a passion and led to a professional career. Now, through his Initiative, Ravizza is sharing his passion for the mountains and the ocean.

<modsnip> It's interesting because it's an interview with Jared. Must be a wealthy family and Jared sounds a bit grandiose here. Certainly in amazing shape but something sure went haywire in his brain:

One of the most decorated professional skiers, a philanthropist, a model, and a business mogul, Jared Christian Ravizza, is a man with a distinct desire to bring out the best in the community with his relentless efforts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Island residents, who all asked that their names not be used because of of fear for their safety, said Ravizza was quick to anger and often seemed unhinged. Two people were said to have contacted police about his behavior, and their concerns that he was capable of violence. West Tisbury Police Chief Matt Mincone said there was an “active case” on Ravizza when asked about an alleged restraining order, but referred The Times to the Cape and Islands District Attorney’s Office. Danielle Whitney, the DA spokesperson, declined to comment.

It is unclear when he and a man who was frequently with him — and whom Ravizza has introduced as his father — arrived on the Island, renting a property and claiming to have a longtime connection to the community. It was also unclear if the name he used, Jared Ravizza, was his real name or an assumed identity. Dukes County court records show that on April 2, a petition was filed by a Jared Ravizza Jones to change his name to Jared Jones. It is unclear where that case stands.

The above article also references an earlier one in the MV Times from 2021:

Before he was even a teenager, Jared Ravizza began working with people with disabilities. Now as an adult, through the Ravizza Global Initiative, he’s continuing that work, but has expanded its scope.

Ravizza has been coming seasonally to Martha’s Vineyard, Cotuit, and other areas on the Cape and Islands since he was a child. Growing up in Massachusetts, Ravizza learned to ski at an early age — a skill that became a passion and led to a professional career. Now, through his Initiative, Ravizza is sharing his passion for the mountains and the ocean.
Looking at that and the interview with him that I posted makes me wonder if his projects and world travel are exaggerations, delusions, lies, etc. Though, he does seem to be in Hawaii in some pics and there must be some money if he's got those expensive cars.

@Artis, grandiose is a good word. I've been looking around online for more about JR. In one interview, they referred to themselves as "divine" (as related to divinity). Also, as you say, they seem to be in good physical shape, emphasis on outdoors and sports. I wonder if 'roid rage could be a factor? MOO.

@Artis, grandiose is a good word. I've been looking around online for more about JR. In one interview, they referred to themselves as "divine" (as related to divinity). Also, as you say, they seem to be in good physical shape, emphasis on outdoors and sports. I wonder if 'roid rage could be a factor? MOO.
Doesn't look like a steroid kind of body but slim and naturally built. As for his psych profile, grandiose would be consistent with narcissist - and he sounds like one - but there may be more going on there. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildkey517
Back