Found Deceased MA - Meghan Marohn, 43, from NY, car found near Longcope Park, Lee, 28 Mar 2022 *Reward*

Still a mystery - barefoot gives me pause? Where she was with the weather that day and all the underbrush etc would not have worked at all for her to walk any distance -all imo. My big Q is did LE find the shoes she was wearing that day. Did the woman in the lobby of the inn that gave our Meghan direction’s that day, notice and remember what she was wearing for footwear. Am I the only one that will think foul play here until they actually show me it’s not? All imo.
From her friend's post (above), it sounds as if she may have been very high on edibles. If that were the case, she could have parked her car wonkily, wandered off, taken off her shoes, etc. Whether they were homemade edibles or not, there's no way to standardize what you're getting in an edible, or how it will affect you (given all the strains out there now). It's possible she got herself into the woods somewhere and lay down for a nap, and died of exposure. I don't know if that could happen in the span of 5-6 hours, but her friend's post also mentioned a bleeding ulcer.

From her friend's post (above), it sounds as if she may have been very high on edibles. If that were the case, she could have parked her car wonkily, wandered off, taken off her shoes, etc. Whether they were homemade edibles or not, there's no way to standardize what you're getting in an edible, or how it will affect you (given all the strains out there now). It's possible she got herself into the woods somewhere and lay down for a nap, and died of exposure. I don't know if that could happen in the span of 5-6 hours, but her friend's post also mentioned a bleeding ulcer.

I read through the thread and I must have missed the post about edibles. I saw a post stating the only thing toxicology found in her system was THC and that there was a dispensary close by but could you kindly direct me to the quote/post implying she was very high on edibles?

I did read the entire article her friend wrote and it eloquently weaves quite a tale
A romanticized creative writing piece about how her friend hopes it all happened
She calls it " A Letter to a girl I love, whose death is still a mystery"
She does go on to say that she believes LE when they say there was no foul play.
But see that is what I don't accept.
Does she follow crime - does she understand that is a typical fall back response by LE IMO
IMO LE always says, unless it is glaringly obvious, that they suspect no foul play. Almost always.
If they don't know what happened - how can they rule anything out.
In saying they suspect no foul play, LE puts the resident's at ease and they don't mess with the economy of an area that is heavily tourist dependent. And they can move on. Nothing to see here.
Troubled woman takes her own life... barefoot on a 30 degree March day. Walks a good distance from her car carrying her possessions - I just do not buy in yet. Its too neat a package with too many missing pieces.

The initial searches did not find her and yet - she was pretty much right there - not far off the beaten path. I know that also happens. But the spot where she was found also lends itself to a dumping off area. Easily accessible by car with no neighbors to see anything.

Too many questions with no answers for me. I wish I felt that it was as simple as they say. JMO

However, the medical examiner was not able to determine her cause of death.

The examination did not reveal any pre-death trauma, according to the medical examiner.”

Hi everyone. Here's a new article from the Berkshire Eagle about Meghan's disappearance. Very interesting that it states her laptop and cell phone were indeed found in August 2022 (a month before she was found), but not by police or official searchers, rather by a hiker. It also shows the phone was found in Longcope Park, not on the west side of Church St where it last pinged, where they were certain it must be. Article also provides a map of where those items and her body were located, which seem to have been about approximately 2000 feet apart.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. Here's a new article from the Berkshire Eagle about Meghan's disappearance. Very interesting that it states her laptop and cell phone were indeed found in August 2022 (a month before she was found), but not by police or official searchers, rather by a hiker. It also shows the phone was found in Longcope Park, not on the west side of Church St where it last pinged, where they were certain it must be. Article also provides a map of where those items and her body were located, which seem to have been about approximately 2000 feet apart.

Thanks for posting this. I was just thinking about her. This case haunts me. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus
Back