MA MA - Molly Bish, 16, Warren, 27 Jun 2000

Originally posted by DustyRose
from CBS/48 HOURS website:
NEW NIGHT! MISSING MOLLY: Wednesday, Dec. 3 at 10 p.m. ET/PT
A disgraced ex-police officer is on the case of a missing teenage girl.
He's found new evidence. Will he solve the case of Molly Bish?

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/48hours/main3410.shtml

Thanks DustyRose. I just saw the commercial tonight. At least they re-scheduled it not long after the original date this time. :)

I watched "48 Hours" last night and my hinky meter was definitely way up. A couple of things -

I have always been suspicious of the hunter and/or the private investigator finding the small piece of the swimming suit with the "48 Hours" cameras rolling. It just seemed staged to me, like maybe the PI was just trying to get attention or redeem himself somehow. The small piece of fabric was in an area with lots of brush, etc and was not very visible at all. I don't know how someone just standing around would see it, but the police missed it somehow. Just doesn't sit right with me.

I have also always been suspicious of Molly's boss. Why in the world would he wait 3 hours before callling authorites or Molly's parents? Something just seems off with him.

Finally, that one guy that the PI thinks is guilty of Holly P.'s (don't know how to spell her last name - I need to find out) abduction and murder, does look similar to the sketch of the man in the white car.

JMO.

Originally posted by MissMisty
So, you're saying that you think this hunter knows more about Molly's disappearance or was involved? I always believed that the man Molly's mom saw the morning before she disappeared was the perp. Very interesting case.
Misty

Well, it is one possibility. I, believe it or not after all my thread bumping and asking when the show was going to be, missed the show last night. :( I kept forgetting that yesterday was Wednesday and then I fell asleep early too by mistake.

As Juliana pointed out, there are several hinky people in this investigation. The fact that nearly dozen (or something) people failed the lie detector tests and yet this case has stood still practically until evidence just came out floating (in some instances literally) out of nowhere is just frankly bizarre. I'll get back to this later though, can't write everything at work right now. ;)

Come on, Up2! I was counting on you to have watched it! ;)
I hope someone was able to see it, because I turned it on in the last five mintues when everything was being summed up. If someone did, please post details!

I watched it. The spent most of the time talking about the ex-cop and how he is working with a private profiler. There seems to be a loose connection between Molly and another girl name Holly who was murdered 10 years ago. Holly and Molly were actually the same age. In fact Molly sent a card to Holly's parent's when she was 10 and told them how sorry she was.

Of course they opened the program with a general account of Molly's disappearance and the guy in the white car. The PI is convinced that a man named Robert Armes killed Holly and possibly Molly too.

They showed some of the good things Molly's parents are doing to provide child ID kits and to help others.

Mr. Cooke, thank you for the recap of the show. I wanted to watch it, but didn't make it home in time. I know any coverage is good to bring attention to a case, but, other than that, did you think they did a good job with the program? I think I remember that you've spoken with the Bishs in the past, so I just wanted to get your opinion.
I was glad to read over on Court TV that you have a meeting with the interim sheriff about Rachel's case. I hope the investigation is able to move foward.

I was really impressed with Molly's parents. They are so real and are suffering so terribly, but getting on with life. I was touched by the father saying that about once a month, he goes down to the place where Molly was last seen. He said that he firmly believes that the perp approached Molly asking for a band-aid, hence, the open first aid kit on her beach chair. He then believes that the perp led her up the hill and over it to the cemetary to his waiting car. He also said that he couldn't believe Molly would go up into that area on the hill with all the trees without her shoes so when he first heard that her shoes were left behind, he knew something was wrong. Seems like there were an awful lot of sightings of that white car prior to her disappearance. What a shame nothing came of that. I do have to say that I also think it's a little strange that Molly's boss waited so many hours to alert the police and Molly's parents. He brushed it off as Molly taking off to hang out with her friends or boyfriends. Hello? She had just started her shift...didn't he find it odd that she would then just take off? I hate to say it but this is looking like another case that will never be solved.
Misty

Originally posted by Litlstar04
Mr. Cooke, thank you for the recap of the show. I wanted to watch it, but didn't make it home in time. I know any coverage is good to bring attention to a case, but, other than that, did you think they did a good job with the program? I think I remember that you've spoken with the Bishs in the past, so I just wanted to get your opinion.

I thought the program was good. I've been thinking about calling John Bish lately. We met last September. The Bish's are real people who have suffered a lot. They are also making a difference by doing child ID kits and other things.

You can read about the DNA initiative John and I attended here. There's also a picture of John and me. http://rachelcookesearch.org/DNAmeeting.html

Ok, here's a good article that talks about what I was mentioning earlier, how so much evidence was surfacing all at one time. There is mention of the DNA Bill that Mr. Cooke just mentioned.
We had this article when we were on the other server this summer but not all of the old articles have been re-posted. Since I can't quote the whole thing I'll just quote the part about what things they came upon this past June.

Meanwhile, DNA will most probably be detected from an upper arm bone found in the wooded area of Palmer where investigators were searching for clues in Molly's disappearance, officials announced Thursday.

The upper arm bone was cut in half. Half is at the state police lab, where they will do nuclear DNA testing. The other half was sent to the Bode Laboratory, where they will do mitochondrial DNA testing. Both labs have indicated that we will be able to get DNA," District Attorney John Conte said.

Officials said that they should know if they can get any DNA from the bones by Friday afternoon, and if DNA is present there will be further testing to determine if the bone is Molly's.

Searchers have been scouring a wooded area since a bathing suit was found about 5-miles from Cummins Pond, where Molly disappeared from her lifegaurding job in June 2000. Crews found one bone on Tuesday, and another three on Wednesday that were determined to belong to a human age 14 to 20 years old.

Despite three years of fallen foliage, the bones were found close to the surface of the ground.

"We believe that, if anything, it was a very shallow burial," Conte said. He said that investigators have been concentrating on a particular area, and are confident that they were getting closer to the point of origin of the bones.

A pair of shorts, a hairbrush, and a blanket were also found in the search area. Conte said that members of the Bish family were brought to the scene. None of the items were determined to belong to Molly.

Also this week, a hair "scrunchie" was found floating in the Quaboag River. Bode Lab indicated that there was DNA found on the hair band.

"We will know if it is a mixed sample. If it is a clear sample, we will be able to do further testing on the hair," Conte said.

I forgot to post the link for this article:
Boston Channel news June 5, 2003

Here's an article about Holly Piirainen and Molly from this summer.

Murder Victims' Families Draw Strength From Each Other

Girls Both Found Murdered In Woods

POSTED: 4:45 p.m. EDT June 10, 2003
UPDATED: 6:13 p.m. EDT June 10, 2003

BOSTON -- Two families connected by tragedy now share an unbreakable bond.

The Boston Channel news

And after the remains were identified (also note where it is pointed out that 11 people failed the lie detector test):

Molly Bish's Remains Identified

Bones, Teeth Used To Make Identification
Jamy Pombo, Staff Writer

POSTED: 5:03 p.m. EDT June 9, 2003
UPDATED: 7:20 p.m. EDT June 9, 2003

WARREN, Mass. -- The remains of Molly Bish were identified Monday after human bones and teeth were found just miles away from the pond were the Warren teenager disappeared three years ago.

Boston Channel news

The part about the dump truck leaving and her mother waiting for it to leave.

The idea that there are only two service stations in the town? Does this mean gat filling stations? How many repair shops are in the town? Mechanics have a fond memory of vehicles.

Something about the way she was lured doesn't add up.....she had an emergency radio and left it along with the first aid kit. The first aid kit was open? I think the person used the idea that a kid was injured and they needed help for them. The person was probably a strong man who is very confident in his ability.

I watched the story last night that a friend taped, and I didn't like a lot of things in the story.........

why did the hunter pick up the piece of bathing suit with his hands? Had he allready touched it? He was positive that it was part of the bathing suit...and the private investigator was right there and didn;t even try to stop him....(he surely new better being an ex cop) Makes it look like they placed that there to make a good story!

To John and Magi, Heather and John, Jr.
I don't know if you will ever read this, but I am praying for you daily. I love you all very much, Lanie

Can this thread be merged with the one that has just been created in "Located"? There is good discussion on this one and I would hate to see it get overlooked just because someone did not look to see where Molly's thread was here before starting a new one elsewhere.

John and Magdalen Bish were surrounded yesterday by many of the same people who helped find their daughter Molly's remains last summer, including police officers, civilian searchers, and local prosecutors. But the focus of their reunion wasn't to rehash the past: it was to commemorate a new beginning.

With a series of guest lecturers and a child safety fair, The Molly Bish Center for the Protection of Children and the Elderly officially opened at Anna Maria College. According to officials, including John Bish, its co-director, the center will be the first in the country to focus on preventing children from being abducted.
http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...04/18/bish_center_aims_to_prevent_abductions/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back