GUILTY MA - OA, 23, kidnapped, found alive, Boston, 19 Jan 2019 *Arrest*

according to the original source (michele mcafee) - the boston police have asked that any images regarding suspects NOT BE SHARED.

How does the train system work there? Do you pre-load a card that is scanned, is it coin operated?

verified boston police department twitter;

Login on Twitter

#BPDMediaAdvisory: Unless released or confirmed by the Office of Media Relations, media outlets are asked to refrain from releasing images/info with potential to impact the integrity of the investigation. Media is asked to monitor http://bpdnews.com for any and all updates.
The fault lies with that lady on Twitter- she still has it up. I don't have a Twitter account but maybe someone could ask her to take it down?

it is all rumor right now but since it seems like this information from michele mcphee is being allowed - IF it is correct - they didnt throw her out alone, they threw her and the guy she was with out together, he left in a cab, she headed for the subway followed by two men, ALLEGEDLY there is video of the two men getting onto an orange line train with her. IF true - a photo of the two suspects exists but is being withheld from being published right now.

for some context - this is the source of the latest information;

Michele McPhee - Wikipedia
<bbm>

FWIW, I'm not seeing any issues with McPhee's journalistic integrity, so no reason why she should not be allowed as a source. If there is something I'm missing, please private message me and we'll review it.

Just a heads up to everyone ... Please don't assume something is allowed just because WS staff haven't removed it. If you want to know if something is allowed, contact a Mod or Admin directly rather than asking on the thread. There are hundreds of active threads each day, with hundreds of posts. We can't possibly sit in each and every thread 24/7 to read posts in real time; you need to either Report on a post or send us a private message.

How does the train system work there? Do you pre-load a card that is scanned, is it coin operated?

for the train you can have a permanent/reusable plastic card that you put money onto thru a machine, or you can buy a temporary paper slip from the machine at any time.

you then swipe one of those to get thru the gates.

<bbm>

FWIW, I'm not seeing any issues with McPhee's journalistic integrity, so no reason why she should not be allowed as a source. If there is something I'm missing, please private message me and we'll review it.

Just a heads up to everyone ... Please don't assume something is allowed just because WS staff haven't removed it. If you want to know if something is allowed, contact a Mod or Admin directly rather than asking on the thread. There are hundreds of active threads each day, with hundreds of posts. We can't possibly sit in each and every thread 24/7 to read posts in real time; you need to either Report on a post or send us a private message.

Dear Sillybilly,

Thank you for this clarification. You are always greatly appreciated!

for the train you can have a permanent/reusable plastic card that you put money onto thru a machine, or you can buy a temporary paper slip from the machine at any time.

Here is to hoping they have cameras at the paper slip machine if a scanned card wasn't used. And if a scanned card WAS used, and an ID is attached, that would be great unless they used OA's card.

My only assumption that they are curtailing the image of her with the man in the train station is that they know whom he is. I personally feel the safety of her and others are in question... and no problem with his image being out there. I live here and want to know!

I'm hoping she paid with a card so they can tie her purchase to the pass number...

If she was followed to the train station, as I believe was reported (this story is changing quickly), it's likely that they could have used her card. They clearly knew she was inebriated, an easy target. Was it mentioned if she was carrying a purse/handbag?

If she was followed to the train station, as I believe was reported (this story is changing quickly), it's likely that they could have used her card. They clearly knew she was inebriated, an easy target. Was it mentioned if she was carrying a purse/handbag?
I didn't see one in the train image of her. But her hands were not very visible

Once again, LE refuses to share actual video they have of two men they suspect. WHY? Isn't the most important thing finding Olivia ALIVE?? They refuse to use the public (it's greatest asset) to once again, shroud an investigation in secrecy to protect their "case" What case would that be? Her kidnapping or her murder? Find her and use every single resource you can to do it! SO frustrating.

It appears that she removed the photo.

yes, finally all the images seem to be removed from twitter.

it may seem counter-intuitive to people to not get the pictures out there, but im going to trust the BPD on this.

it makes me hopeful that they already know exactly who they are looking for and possibly this could have a relatively happy ending.

they had no problem publishing the photo of the guy she left the bar with right away, they specifically chose not to publish the photos of these two men. im going to trust they have good reason not to.

Once again, LE refuses to share actual video they have of two men they suspect. WHY? Isn't the most important thing finding Olivia ALIVE?? They refuse to use the public (it's greatest asset) to once again, shroud an investigation in secrecy to protect their "case" What case would that be? Her kidnapping or her murder? Find her and use every single resource you can to do it! SO frustrating.

There are cases where LE knows exactly who the suspect is and do not want to tip them off that they know. I would hope that is the case in this situation. If the suspect is tipped off they may be more likely to do something drastic.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back