GUILTY MA - OA, 23, kidnapped, found alive, Boston, 19 Jan 2019 *Arrest*

Saw the updates on the local news pages and came here to post but I guess I was a little late...unfortunately, even if they have a suspect or suspects, the news will not be good. My daughter works in Boston, she's 33, takes public transportation but even though she's not out drinking, it still makes me nervous...you never know!

bpdnews.com - The Boston Police Department's Virtual Community

UPDATE:
The Boston Police Department is seeking the public’s help to identify the male in the photos above in connection to the investigation into missing person Olivia Ambrose who was last seen in the area of 25 Union Street in Downtown Boston on Saturday, January 19, 2019. Investigators have reviewed surveillance video and marked a timeline of events and locations in the areas of both Downtown Boston and Charlestown in hopes of better understanding the facts and circumstances surrounding Olivia Ambrose’s disappearance.

• 11:04 PM: Ms. Ambrose is seen leaving a bar located at 25 Union Street (Hennessy’s) with a white male who has since been determined to not be involved in her disappearance.

• 11:42 PM: Approximately 40 minutes later, two unknown males are observed inviting Ms. Ambrose to walk with them in the area of Congress Street and State Street. One of the males appears to walk ahead while the second male places his arm around Ms. Ambrose and directs her towards the State Street MBTA Station.

• 12:01 AM: Approximately 20 minutes later, additional video shows Ms. Ambrose being accompanied by that same male, still with his arm around her, exiting the Bunker Hill Community MBTA Station in Charlestown. The other male party is no longer observed in any surveillance video moving forward.

• 12:13 AM: Approximately 10 minutes later, Ms. Ambrose and the unknown male are observed again in the area of Green Street walking together towards Bartlett Street. A short time later, phone records indicate Ms. Ambrose’s phone was in the general area of the Bunker Hill Housing Development.
Olivia Ambrose is described as a 23-year-old white female, about 5’2” tall, with blue eyes and curly brown hair. She was last seen wearing a red corduroy dress under a long white and grey coat.

Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of Olivia Ambrose is advised to contact 9-1-1 or District A-1 (Downtown) Detectives at (617) 343-4248.

Thinking over this timeline now. The orange line is less than 1 block Hennessey's - Haymarket is the stop. There is no reason she would walk to State Street unless 1) she didn't know the area and went the wrong way or 2) she was told to. Attached is a map - there is an entrance to Haymarket where Boston Public Market is (less than a block from the bar).

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 2.55.44 PM.png

Hennessy's is downtown near Fanueil Hall, an area with plenty of upscale restaurants and bars. This guy was not out barhopping based on his style, IMO. Sweatpants, sneakers/boots, functional vs stylish jacket, headphones, and hat.

Where did he come from? Probably worked close by- kitchen help?

We will know his name and story shortly.

RSBM
bpdnews.com - The Boston Police Department's Virtual Community
  • 12:01 AM: Approximately 20 minutes later, additional video shows Ms. Ambrose being accompanied by that same male, still with his arm around her, exiting the Bunker Hill Community MBTA Station in Charlestown. The other male party is no longer observed in any surveillance video moving forward.

• 12:13 AM: Approximately 10 minutes later, Ms. Ambrose and the unknown male are observed again in the area of Green Street walking together towards Bartlett Street. A short time later, phone records indicate Ms. Ambrose’s phone was in the general area of the Bunker Hill Housing Development.

According to this the phone ping happened after she was last seen on video with the suspect. This means that she had her phone when she left the bar. She didn't contact her sister which says to me disoriented, confused and not making decisions. I believe the 2 men followed her to State St. and then intercepted her and her phone.

So of the 3 men she was last seen with 2 left and 1 remained with her. Why.

Thinking over this timeline now. The orange line is less than 1 block Hennessey's - Haymarket is the stop. There is no reason she would walk to State Street unless 1) she didn't know the area and went the wrong way or 2) she was told to. Attached is a map - there is an entrance to Haymarket where Boston Public Market is (less than a block from the bar).

View attachment 165311

Being new to the City, she may be more familiar with the state street entrance rather than Haymarket. State street connects two different train lines (blue and orange) and is a bit more well known. Also the state street stop is not much further of a walk than Haymarket. Plus if she was planning on going home that would be one closer stop towards home than Haymarket.

EDIT: Also there is a closer enterance than the one you are showing in the picture that is on the corner of State and Merrimack st. I know that Haymarket has two train lines as well (Green and Orange), but State street is one of the most popular/well known stops downtown.

Last edited:
does he have his thumb in his mouth in one of the pictures?
looks to me that he is adjusting his denture - Looks too young for a denture though, but I have observed this move in people I know well.

ETA: Teeth knocked out in a bar brawl?

View attachment 165311
Also there is a closer enterance than the one you are showing in the picture that is on the corner of State and Merrimack st.

Being new to the City, she may be more familiar with the state street entrance rather than Haymarket. State street connects two different train lines (blue and orange) and is a bit more well known. Also the state street stop is not much further of a walk than Haymarket. Plus if she was planning on going home that would be one closer stop towards home than Haymarket.
Totally true. The weather was awful - logic would say she'd go to the closest stop, but I definitely agree that sometimes going where you know is easiest.

The BPD timeline suggests she made it less than two blocks in 40 minutes... either she was talking to the guy she left with that time, or she was disoriented, IMO. My guess is she was intercepted by these two dudes who offered to walk her to the train station but at least one had bad intentions.

The BPD timeline suggests she made it less than two blocks in 40 minutes... either she was talking to the guy she left with that time, or she was disoriented, IMO. My guess is she was intercepted by these two dudes who offered to walk her to the train station but at least one had bad intentions.
Noticed that too- and when they got off the train they really sped up. That is a brisk 13 minute or so walk.

I was thinking about this as well. The walk to State Street is no more than 5 mins at a slow pace. Google Maps reports it takes 10 min to get to Community College from Hennessey's. Where was she in that 40 mins? Fanuiel Hall and the surrounding area is heavily populated, especially between the hours of 10PM - 1AM. Someone must know something.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back