GUILTY MA - OA, 23, kidnapped, found alive, Boston, 19 Jan 2019 *Arrest*

Woman kidnapped from a Boston bar found days later after sister used 'Find my iPhone' to track her | Daily Mail Online

A tracking feature on a smartphone helped lead to the rescue of a woman who had allegedly been kidnapped and held against her will for two and a half days in Boston.

OA, 23, was found on Tuesday afternoon in an apartment rented by Victor M. Pena, 38, located in the Charleston.

The general location of A's whereabouts had been revealed when her sister, Franny, used 'Find my iPhone' to show that at least her mobile device was near the intersection of Corey Road and Walford Way, late on Saturday and early on Sunday morning, the Boston Globe reported.

From there, a combination of surveillance camera footage and eye witness accounts led authorities to free the woman from Pena's home in the Bunker Hill development at that exact intersection on Tuesday.

[...]

upload_2019-1-25_12-21-26.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Woman kidnapped from a Boston bar found days later after sister used 'Find my iPhone' to track her | Daily Mail Online

A tracking feature on a smartphone helped lead to the rescue of a woman who had allegedly been kidnapped and held against her will for two and a half days in Boston.

Olivia Ambrose, 23, was found on Tuesday afternoon in an apartment rented by Victor M. Pena, 38, located in the Charleston.

The general location of Ambrose's whereabouts had been revealed when her sister, Franny, used 'Find my iPhone' to show that at least her mobile device was near the intersection of Corey Road and Walford Way, late on Saturday and early on Sunday morning, the Boston Globe reported.

From there, a combination of surveillance camera footage and eye witness accounts led authorities to free the woman from Pena's home in the Bunker Hill development at that exact intersection on Tuesday.

[...]

View attachment 165825
This is wonderful to know but I wonder why Franny didn't use the App before? LOL all this time I thought Pena turned it on.

This is wonderful to know but I wonder why Franny didn't use the App before? LOL all this time I thought Pena turned it on.

The last known location of the phone was part of the investigation from the beginning, but early on it was believed that her phone had been left in an Uber, or stolen, or tuned off en route to somewhere else. Find My iPhone/Find My Friends will record the last known location of the device if it is turned off.

As far as why the phone was given back to her as the police were breaking in, there are a lot of possibilities. It’s possible that Pena gave it back so it would look less like he had kidnapped her—he seemingly knew what he was doing was wrong as he had already lied to his brother about why she was there. It’s possible he believed he would have some kind of leverage in a hostage scenario and was having her text her mom to that effect. It’s possible that he saw that he was definitely going to jail and returned it in a feeble attempt to lessen his charges. It’s possible he is mentally ill/cognitively impaired and didn’t understand how serious what he had done was, but the police breaking down his door made the severity clear and he was trying to undo his actions. It’s possible he just knew the game was over, and as she begged to be let go, he gave her the phone and told her to text her mom that she’d be home soon. Its possible that he used her forced her to use her fingerprint or face to unlock the phone and he was texting her mom. It’s possible none of those are even partially correct. We don’t know, and may never know.

Hmmm.... so he might be mentally unstable..
The paper also revealed that Victor does not have a job and lives off Social Security payments because he is mentally disabled.

Pena will undergo a 20-day mental health evaluation at Bridgewater State Hospital, according to the Suffolk County District Attorney's office. He is scheduled to reappear in court on Feb. 11.
Charlestown Man Charged With Kidnapping Will Undergo Psychiatric Evaluation
Police charge man with kidnapping missing woman found... | Daily Mail Online

Or saw his picture being put out?

Someone had a theory earlier in the thread that I really liked. What if OA, being as smart as she was, decided her plan of action was to gain Pena's trust while she waited to make her escape. Maybe she really did offer to "help" clean his apartment in order to gain that trust and eventually she worked her way to getting the phone back. Would be really brilliant, something I don't think I would think of, under that sort of pressure

Someone had a theory earlier in the thread that I really liked. What if O, being as smart as she was, decided her plan of action was to gain Pena's trust while she waited to make her escape. Maybe she really did offer to "help" clean his apartment in order to gain that trust and eventually she worked her way to getting the phone back. Would be really brilliant, something I don't think I would think of, under that sort of pressure
Especially if she realized that he was mentally challenged. Perhaps she thought that if she showed him kindness and he grew to trust her, that eventually he would relax a bit, maybe go somewhere or in the other room while she was cleaning, and when she felt safe, she'd try to make a get away. Thankfully, she got out of this alive.

HALLELOO that she’s safe and back home!!!! I truly thought this was going to be a really tragic outcome. These creepy kidnapping men really freak me out. Just like the recent Closs case. At least this guy showed signs of stalking behavior previously. Very lucky girl to be alive, but I can’t imagine what she’s been through. JMO

Victor Pena Sobs in Court After Being Ordered to Undergo Medical Evaluation in Olivia Ambrose Kidnapping Case

[SBM]

Pena’s ex-girlfriend was also questioned about the incident, to which she stated that he had done something similar to her in the past. In fact, Pena had held Maybely Ceneno, his ex, against her will back in 2013.

When Pena was brought to Charlestown District Court on Wednesday, his defense attorney, Joseph Perullo, asked for Pena to be seen by a clinician first. Dr. Jodie Shapiro examined him before going in front of a judge and determined that he had shown signs of psychotic behavior. During the exam, he stated he did not know why he was in court and claimed he was hearing voices. According to his medical records, he occasionally takes anti-psychotic medications. Shapiro ordered Pena to undergo an in-depth medical evaluation before coming back to court on February 11, 2019, to which he sobbed openly once hearing.

I wonder if he was sobbing because he knows he will be medicated. A lot of patients would rather suffer the delusions and terror than the side effects.

Has anyone seen/heard any updates? It's been over 20 days since the suspect has started the evaluation. Google isn't finding anything.

My mom messaged Channel 5 news asking about any updates, and someone responded saying the trial was pushed to March 1st. I attached the screenshot of it-

Attachments

• 9E0B6501-11BD-413C-B806-FC7746A61D35.jpeg
    9E0B6501-11BD-413C-B806-FC7746A61D35.jpeg
    138.2 KB · Views: 14
My mom messaged Channel 5 news asking about any updates, and someone responded saying the trial was pushed to March 1st. I attached the screenshot of it-

Thanks for the update! I hope OA is recovering well with the help of family, friends and anyone else she may be seeking help from. She’s unforgettable to me because she’s had SUCH an exciting life full of wonderful opportunities at her young age, IMO. She has seemingly taken full advantage of all of them very successfully. She seems to be well rounded and very intelligent. I hope this horrid incident doesn’t dull her sparkle and shine. She has always seemed to be so happy. I know there’s no way that this experience won’t make a profound imprint in her life, so I pray she’s surrounded by those she most loves and trusts. This case struck a chord with me. I wish her all the happiness in the world.

Pena was also deemed competent to stand trial. He was not formally arraigned Friday. Instead, he will be held without bail pending a dangerousness hearing scheduled for March 15 where those charges will be heard.

Defense attorney William Barabino spoke outside of court as well. He said he could not discuss the rape charges. “What he has been charged with right now is kidnapping. A kidnapping requires a lack of consent and at this point, we know what you know. We know that at some point, according to video, that the video shows them walking together without force,” said Barabino.

Pena’s brother, Jose, said outside court that he believes his brother is innocent. “Rape her? I really doubt it. I 100 percent doubt,” he said.
https://boston.cbslocal.com/2019/03/01/victor-pena-charlestown-court-kidnapping-woman-boston-rape-charges/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back