MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find me any case on Websleuths with that as the reaction for an innocent and uninvolved person. I'll wait.

You realize that human beings react in different ways for one type of event? Just because you say something doesn't happen on Websleuths doesn't mean nobody in the world has had that response. Like the OP, I have had people personally respond that way to the loss of a partner.

1715029656534.png
1715029668981.png
Honestly, these photos are crazy. Officer Gallagher was claiming that the cups were securely stored in closed evidence bags so they couldn't be contaminated, not even by an inadvertent sneeze. That's certainly not what we see here.

And why are they doing this handover of the evidence to the Mass State Police in the sally port? Supposedly they stored the blood in freezers in the evidence locker so why didn't they do it inside?

I think they could produce a CSI:Canton, but it would have to be a sitcom.

C'mon. This isn't CSI Miami.

Processing an outdoor murder scenes in the snow and dark probably isn't a strength of the pd in a town that averages a murder or two every decade.

The evidence cup being plastic doesn't mean the drunk driving wife didn't kill her husband. Let's not get silly.

I guess it only takes one juror - but I'd think there is a point where this level of scrutiny almost makes the defense look weaker.
The evidence cup, aka a red solo cup from the neighbor, eye roll, is not appropriate for gathering evidence there in Canton. It’s not like you are 40 miles from civilization
The blood was going nowhere. It’s frozen - but now that I think about it, maybe chunks got scattered by this genius snow blowing it. They had sterile evidence containers back at HQ. This stuff counts.
It’s not frivolous.
If its evidence is not collected correctly it can be thrown out or impeached which is what is happening here. Yannetti is running circles around Lally.
Also the fact that KR and the rest of the party goers were driving drunk does not mean that any of them killed officer O’Keefe.
It’s all about the evidence and what the P can prove. So far nothing.
All JMO.

View attachment 501826
View attachment 501827
Honestly, these photos are crazy. Officer Gallagher was claiming that the cups were securely stored in closed evidence bags so they couldn't be contaminated, not even by an inadvertent sneeze. That's certainly not what we see here.

And why are they doing this handover of the evidence to the Mass State Police in the sally port? Supposedly they stored the blood in freezers in the evidence locker so why didn't they do it inside?

It’s astounding. It’s a Sat night live episode writing itself. Where did they get the Stop and Shop bag ? Was it in the back of this guys car? Was he using it for trash but emptied it or were there groceries in it that he dumped out first?
JMO

View attachment 501826
View attachment 501827

That’s honestly embarrassing. Surprised they even had the wherewithal to put on latex gloves. JMO

I've been on the fence wether she did it or not. The broken bar glass near his body made me think, there's no way they thought of placing that with him.
And, everyone is saying they didn't find broken tail light on the lawn from the blower, but they wouldn't find it there. If he did get hit, it would be in the street, not where his body was found. He maybe was hit in the street then crawled to the lawn area?

It’s astounding. It’s a Sat night live episode writing itself. Where did they get the Stop and Shop bag ? Was it in the back of this guys car? Was he using it for trash but emptied it or were there groceries in it that he dumped out first?
JMO
Hey, recycling is important. They are just being environmentally responsible.

That’s honestly embarrassing. Surprised they even had the wherewithal to put on latex gloves. JMO
I believe that was the evidence collection officer from the State Police who arrived to pick up the evidence. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the Canton cops weren't using gloves.

Actually, it occurs to me that this could have been disastrous. I don't believe they ever found any blood on Karen's vehicle (and did they even check?). However, if they had found blood it may have gotten thrown out with JO's blood placed in such close proximity to KR's vehicle.

I've been on the fence wether she did it or not. The broken bar glass near his body made me think, there's no way they thought of placing that with him.
And, everyone is saying they didn't find broken tail light on the lawn from the blower, but they wouldn't find it there. If he did get hit, it would be in the street, not where his body was found. He maybe was hit in the street then crawled to the lawn area?
The broken cocktail glass shows to ME that he was holding it where he 'fell' if it was right by him which is what I've read from very early on. That is why to me, he was standing there, holding his glass, that he took out of the car with him, then bam, she hit him. The thing is, if the glass was with him, by him, along with blood, I had thought he fell on the glass that somehow was shattered in the snow???? Lots of other details I've seen since the original information that was released though. One is that he was wearing hoodie/shirt.. so need to know the condition of his clothing which seems a confusing issue at this immediate time. Was he in the house, he left, they came after him outside? (still holding his glass). His ride had left, regardless.

Don't forget, that early into the investigation the police leaked to the news media, specifically WBZ-TV news, that there was Ring camera video of KR hitting KO with her car, "WBZ-TV I-Team sources said investigators have video of the incident from a Ring doorbell camera and Read’s car has been impounded.". Every witness who spoke with the police after the news report on February 2, was under the impression it was an open and shut case and that video proof existed of the killing. Who from the police leaked that lie and for what reason? Why were the cops using the media to try to implicate KR and to influence all the interviews that were to come. Almost all of the people who were interviewed and claimed to have heard KR say "I hit him" only reported this being said AFTER the February 2 news report. It would be awesome if a reporter were called to the stand.
Are you able to provide a link(s) concerning these claims? Thank you in advance. :)

Goode confirms evidence transport.
Yannetti up for the cross.
Goode grew up in Canton.
Goode confirms he went to HS with SPT Proctor’s sister, and Brian Albert’s sister-law.
Goode confirms his knowledge of the Albert family.

Goode confirms he has known Kevin Albert, brother of Brian.
Kevin is a Canton Police officer.
In a crisis, would you have his back?
Goode is careful to indicate there’s a limit.

Yannetti establishing that police work as a team.
Were you assigned the reconstruction analyst?
No. I was the supervisor.

@SueNBCBoston

OK, the issue of prior knowledge becomes long in the tooth.

I have people on my FB who I went to HS with. One is a super smart/nice person, one I agree with in Buddhism inclinations but that's all, the third one I dislike, and it is mutual. Why FB? Maybe not enough good reason to say "no", not an enemy, after all. The way Yanetti views it, all villager dwellers should be buddies, but it is not the fact. Murders happen in villages, too.

Does anybody find it sus, that (professor) Higgins...he of the ATF..who has an office at the Canton PD...who was out partying with and AT the Alberts on the night of O'Keefes' death...WENT INTO THE OFFICE at 1:30 am? It was a flippin blizzard out dude...

I am just floored by all of the 'coincidences' here.

Sure. If KR is calling her father moments after finding JO dead saying she's going to kill herself, that's not typical behavior of someone who has just found their partner dead.

Those are the actions of someone with a guilty conscience.

It might be anything. What if KR just found out that she lost the love of her life? But I'd say, it is the reaction of an extremely emotional person. Such people tend to unload emotions fast, and their grief is intense. How "protracted", though, is another question. Some unload rapidly and move on. Likewise, if people don't cry at funerals, it doesn't mean "guilty conscience", either.

Find me any case on Websleuths with that as the reaction for an innocent and uninvolved person. I'll wait.

In general, a person's affect is a subjective thing. Here is the opposite example. BR, the brother of JBR. During the interview with some newstation a few years ago, he'd smile each time when asked about JBR, and people thought it was strange and inappropriate. I viewed it as pseudobulbar affect, not uncommon with his main condition, and not indicative of guilt.

It takes all people and affects. There are also families with high level of expressed emotions (a little bit extreme, I'd say), others are not. To me KR's words appear a hysterical reaction of a woman in grief, but in itself, it doesn't point to guilt.

We shall find out.

They claim to have found broken taillight pieces, but they were found much later. Since the "crime scene" was released to the public within 2 hours, and the taillight pieces were found after those 2 hours, I would say that they very well could have been planted and prove nothing since we DO have video of her possibly bumping into his vehicle that morning. There is no way to tell that they were actually there when everyone showed up because they were not found or collected.

If they suspected that she hit him as they claim - why didn't they use their cute little evidence collecting snow blower in the road to look for evidence?

They're alleging a conspiracy. If LE is not observing chain of custody with important evidence or notes aren't being taken from interviews, etc it shows that some kind of tampering could easily have been done and there's no records to prove or disprove that. Certainly can push one juror to have reasonable doubt. Sorry, but if a family member of mine was supposedly murdered and the police are out there collecting blood in solo cups, I would be extremely concerned. You'd clearly be fine with it but I would not.

JMO.
I agree. Regarding the solo cups: Apparently evidence collecting containers are sterile according to testimony today. Solo cups are considered clean. If the plastic packaging of the solo cups has been opened, they are considered contaminated in terms of cleanliness. We have to assume many hands may have been in the packaging to remove cups in a family situation. I'm gobsmacked by this investigation.
Further, if a policeman is found dead outside of a home where he was supposed to have been going, why is there no probable cause for entering the Albert home? Wouldn't it be prudent to determine if the victim made entry to the home in order to rule in or out what trauma he may have suffered and possible time of death?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000