MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently there was something there. "Yannetti conceded that Read considered 'exploring her options' when she exchanged romantic texts with Brian Higgins, O’Keefe’s friend and a witness in the case." Trooper’s texts reveal ‘true feelings’ about Karen Read, lawyers say

Although they did not speak at the Waterfall, Higgins also sent a vague text to Read while they were at the Waterfall. Something like "Hmmm...so?"

I suspect that pretty much the prosecution's entire case will be that because she'd prefer to be with Higgins, she intentionally backed up into John, flinging his body sideways onto the dark side of the lawn where it came in contact with a cable box which caused a penetrating 3 inch wound at the back of his head. Before or after this, he came in contact with one of the nearby bushes which cause lacerations up and down his arm.

While the defense's biomechanical experts should have no trouble explaining how this makes no sense, it also makes no sense why coatless John would be just standing in the roadway on the edge of the property furthest from the doors waiting for Karen to maneuver her car backwards over 60 feet to hit him.
Thanks for the BH KR info. I did not know that. Appreciate it!

Apparently there was something there. "Yannetti conceded that Read considered 'exploring her options' when she exchanged romantic texts with Brian Higgins, O’Keefe’s friend and a witness in the case." Trooper’s texts reveal ‘true feelings’ about Karen Read, lawyers say

Although they did not speak at the Waterfall, Higgins also sent a vague text to Read while they were at the Waterfall. Something like "Hmmm...so?"

I suspect that pretty much the prosecution's entire case will be that because she'd prefer to be with Higgins, she intentionally backed up into John, flinging his body sideways onto the dark side of the lawn where it came in contact with a cable box which caused a penetrating 3 inch wound at the back of his head. Before or after this, he came in contact with one of the nearby bushes which cause lacerations up and down his arm.

While the defense's biomechanical experts should have no trouble explaining how this makes no sense, it also makes no sense why coatless John would be just standing in the roadway on the edge of the property furthest from the doors waiting for Karen to maneuver her car backwards over 60 feet to hit him.

The prosecution can't have it both ways. If JO called their relationship toxic and he wanted to end it KR would have no reason to hit him with her car to get rid of him and continue exploring.

Read and O’Keefe had been dating for approximately two years before his death, but in the weeks before the incident, the couple was arguing more frequently.
“The forensic extraction of the call logs, voicemails and text messages between the victim and the defendant, including the dates of January 28-29, detailed strains within their relationship,the victim’s desire to end their relationship and the defendant’s description of their relationship … as ‘toxic.’”

Did Proctor know KR because why the seemingly INSTANT hate?
I don't know if he knows KR but....

Yannetti said Proctor was a long-time friend of the family of Brian Albert, whose lawn O'Keefe's body was found on, and he never stepped foot inside the home, asked permission to go inside or sought a search warrant for the home.
Yannetti said in one text, one of Proctor's friends commented to him that with a dead body found on his front lawn, Brian Albert was surely going to catch a lot of flak.
"Do you know what his response was?" Yannetti asked."One word: 'Nope.' And he explained why. Michael Proctor assured his buddies the homeowner wouldn't catch a lot of grief because "The homeowner's a Boston cop, too."
State police confirmed in March that Proctor was the subject of an internal investigation for a potential violation of department policy, but would not comment on what caused them to probe one of their own.However, sources told NBC10 Boston that the investigation is connected to the Read case.
Proctor remains on full duty while the internal investigation unfolds, and the Norfolk District Attorney's Office has said previously that the investigation was not impacting Proctor's case assignments.

I don't know if he knows KR but....

Yannetti said Proctor was a long-time friend of the family of Brian Albert, whose lawn O'Keefe's body was found on, and he never stepped foot inside the home, asked permission to go inside or sought a search warrant for the home.
Yannetti said in one text, one of Proctor's friends commented to him that with a dead body found on his front lawn, Brian Albert was surely going to catch a lot of flak.
"Do you know what his response was?" Yannetti asked."One word: 'Nope.' And he explained why. Michael Proctor assured his buddies the homeowner wouldn't catch a lot of grief because "The homeowner's a Boston cop, too."
State police confirmed in March that Proctor was the subject of an internal investigation for a potential violation of department policy, but would not comment on what caused them to probe one of their own.However, sources told NBC10 Boston that the investigation is connected to the Read case.
Proctor remains on full duty while the internal investigation unfolds, and the Norfolk District Attorney's Office has said previously that the investigation was not impacting Proctor's case assignments.

Thank you. It's so weird that he was even looking through her phone for nudes and joked. So irrational sounding that he hopes she kills herself and whatever the other horrible things it's reported he said about her. Of course hugely unprofessional and erratic, but, he IS being investigated so.

Did Proctor know KR because why the seemingly INSTANT hate?
Proctor was all about protecting the Alberts and the McCabes. KR just conveniently arrived on the scene with a cracked taillight. Rocket scientist that he clearly is, he figured no one would question 45 taillight pieces turning up after the Canton PD leafblew the area when there was a few inches of snow on the ground. Turning up for days. In undocumented searches.

One of the more scary aspects of this case is how it exposes just how stupid and corrupt law enforcement can be. Of course, I grew up in Stoughton so I knew this already. ;)

I have yet to see a witness from the Albert web that stated they were friends with either JO or KR.
As a matter of fact, most said they didn’t even know KR, and only knew JO in passing, if that.
Camerota’s (sp?) where the only ones that were close with them.

Not “they”. And having watched one of Albert’s wives elsewhere yesterday, I realized that KR was absolutely out of her element in that group and JO, well I don’t know much about him, but given that he had Masters in criminal justice, was way more educated than that bunch.

But my problem is, I can’t discusses the deceased much. But thinking logically, he was a good-looking, kind guy, I doubt he was single before KR. And it might have been so that they simply liked his previous partners more? I used the word “friend” because I don’t want to get into “girls” area.

Not implying that his previous partners were less educated, sometimes people are very social and fit into any group. Or maybe, these “Canton wives” liked JO, found him attractive?

Proctor was all about protecting the Alberts and the McCabes. KR just conveniently arrived on the scene with a cracked taillight. Rocket scientist that he clearly is, he figured no one would question 45 taillight pieces turning up after the Canton PD leafblew the area when there was a few inches of snow on the ground. Turning up for days. In undocumented searches.

One of the more scary aspects of this case is how it exposes just how stupid and corrupt law enforcement can be. Of course, I grew up in Stoughton so I knew this already. ;)

This investigation is not just dirty, it's filthy.

What is an "overachieving" woman? Aren't they someone who just... achieves?
Or they've earned or acquired more goals than what misogynists expected?

The defense did contact Turtleboy, but they did not recruit him or request his problematic behavior.

Witness intimidation exists on the prosecution side:

-On social media, Brian Albert’s brother Tim publicly threatened to ruin anyone who crossed his family: "I stand by my family 100%. You don't with them. You do, and I won't hesitate to make you the most miserable person. It's a promise."

-Chris Albert was filmed harassing his own pizza customers after he thought they were taking his picture. He accused them of giving a news blogger "handjobs", and followed them to their car.

-Jen McCabe & her buddy Jill Thomas confronted Tom Beatty’s 17 year old daughter, a likely witness in the #KarenRead case, and told her to “instead of opening your mouth, why don't you stick a dick in it instead"?

-Sean McCabe threatening to murder and bury the corpse of a news blogger under the presiding judge’s (whom McCabe referred to as “Auntie Bev”) seaside cottage.

-And what was with the cop bumping into KR in the court hallway?

In this thread, people start accusing everyone who doesn’t 100% stand by KR, assuming that it is because she has a good job, is educated, has a good car, and even her clothes were mentioned?

To me, it all would usually be a plus. A professor in a college? Great! Accumulated money due to hard job (Yanetti said she didn’t have a rich family)? Wonderful! Has a sense of style (didn’t notice her clothes, but people mentioned it)? Even better. I view all women who get good education, start businesses, you know, achieve, as overachievers because…well, remember a recent pre-Covid discussion about women’s programming skills in a big company? Women still have to break through lots of barriers, to prove themselves, especially in technology. Of course, in my mind, I would think more of people like Hillary Clinton, but this new girl on KR’s team… she is smart, great, also at least a high achiever.

So I would never feel jealous of someone like KR. It would be the opposite, she achieved? Something to learn there!

But - I have the right to have reasonable doubt. In my head, I don’t know who did it. Deep inside, I am not sure JO entered the house, and I’ll tell you why. Even if he made several steps up before he was attacked, I don’t believe that Health app would not register the trauma, the fall.

In this thread, people start accusing everyone who doesn’t 100% stand by KR, assuming that it is because she has a good job, is educated, has a good car, and even her clothes were mentioned?

To me, it all would usually be a plus. A professor in a college? Great! Accumulated money due to hard job (Yanetti said she didn’t have a rich family)? Wonderful! Has a sense of style (didn’t notice her clothes, but people mentioned it)? Even better. I view all women who get good education, start businesses, you know, achieve, as overachievers because…well, remember a recent pre-Covid discussion about women’s programming skills in a big company? Women still have to break through lots of barriers, to prove themselves, especially in technology. Of course, in my mind, I would think more of people like Hillary Clinton, but this new girl on KR’s team… she is smart, great, also at least a high achiever.

So I would never feel jealous of someone like KR. It would be the opposite, she achieved? Something to learn there!

But - I have the right to have reasonable doubt. In my head, I don’t know who did it. Deep inside, I am not sure JO entered the house, and I’ll tell you why. Even if he made several steps up before he was attacked, I don’t believe that Health app would not register the trauma, the fall.

None of us know who did what for certain. But one thing is certain in my mind and that is this investigation is FUBAR. It reeks of corruption and testimony of many of the state witnesses are a mess of contradictions. I could go on and on but lets just say I'm disgusted by this entire mess and my heart aches for those two children that not only lost their parents but now they have lost their uncle that had filled that void. The scandal of this case has even taken away the mourning for JO. It's like he is just a forgotten piece of the puzzle.

None of us know who did what for certain. But one thing is certain in my mind and that is this investigation is FUBAR. It reeks of corruption and testimony of many of the state witnesses are a mess of contradictions. I could go on and on but lets just say I'm disgusted by this entire mess and my heart aches for those two children that not only lost their parents but now they have lost their uncle that had filled that void. The scandal of this case has even taken away the mourning for JO. It's like he is just a forgotten piece of the puzzle.TT
This is exactly the bottom line. ((((( ))))))

I don't even know if I should say this, but the Julie Albert apparently inadvertently referred to one of the state police investigators using a ....sexually charged....word instead of his name. Twice. Turtleboy has been referring to Trooper Yuri Bukhenik by this word which I won't repeat. Turtleboy has press credentials and is sitting in the press box so the prosecution wants him removed.

You absolutely could not make this stuff up.

Julie Albert has peculiar naively-haggard look, but I felt sorry for her when she said it. I had to Google it. (I seldom watch TV). Honestly, many of us could have ended up in this situation, and now everyone is laughing at her, poor woman. There is no guilt in being unaware of the hub terminology, sorry. While the problem lies with the 42-year old filterless hooligan who behaves like a school kid,

But of course, this is not his biggest problem. I checked what he used to write. Antivaxxer, antimasker, conspiracy stuff. Also, interesting use of the money that he raises for “just causes”.

He has a glib pen, but can’t they find anyone better to attract attention to the case? Is independent investigative journalism all dead? The fact that they had to use TB tells a lot about independence of the press, and this is way scarier than the man himself.

Thank you. It's so weird that he was even looking through her phone for nudes and joked. So irrational sounding that he hopes she kills herself and whatever the other horrible things it's reported he said about her. Of course hugely unprofessional and erratic, but, he IS being investigated so.

He also violated her Constitutional rights against illegal search and seizure. My understanding is she handed over the phone voluntarily but he didn't yet have a warrant to search it. For nudes or anything else.

How is this guy still being allowed to investigate matters for the Commonwealth??

Julie Albert has peculiar naively-haggard look, but I felt sorry for her when she said it. I had to Google it. (I seldom watch TV). Honestly, many of us could have ended up in this situation, and now everyone is laughing at her, poor woman. There is no guilt in being unaware of the hub terminology, sorry. While the problem lies with the 42-year old filterless hooligan who behaves like a school kid,

I feel sorry for Julie Albert. She clearly comes across as someone simply covering for her son. She wasn't involved in any activity that night.

But she clearly watches a lot of Turtleboy.

None of us know who did what for certain. But one thing is certain in my mind and that is this investigation is FUBAR. It reeks of corruption and testimony of many of the state witnesses are a mess of contradictions. I could go on and on but lets just say I'm disgusted by this entire mess and my heart aches for those two children that not only lost their parents but now they have lost their uncle that had filled that void. The scandal of this case has even taken away the mourning for JO. It's like he is just a forgotten piece of the puzzle.

The investigation was finita at the moment when Trooper Proctor chose not to enter BA’s house. It is concerning that if KR didn’t have enough income to hire Yanetti, she’d be now serving time. I am split 60/40 that she did it, but it is not “beyond reasonable doubt”.

Also, about free press. Did a single Bostonian newspaper ask the obvious question before Yanetti and KR recruited TB? It is Boston, after all!

The investigation was finita at the moment when Trooper Proctor chose not to enter BA’s house. It is concerning that if KR didn’t have enough income to hire Yanetti, she’d be now serving time. I am split 60/40 that she did it, but it is not “beyond reasonable doubt”.

Also, about free press. Did a single Bostonian newspaper ask the obvious question before Yanetti and KR recruited TB? It is Boston, after all!

No. They went out of the way to avoid addressing obvious issues and only printed information that tended to make her look guilty.

Which is why I don't blame Read for seeking out someone like TB to make her case. He's usually the bottom of the barrel as far as journalism goes, but there is no question it worked, probably beyond the defense's wildest dreams.

By the way, Karen dumped TB in December, right after his arrest and confinement for violating the terms of his bail for witness intimidation by getting into a bizarre domestic situation with one of his many girlfriends.

Is there more known about this call or just allegations?

"A federal investigation found Albert and Higgins spoke by phone at 2:22 a.m., about 3 and a half hours before O’Keefe’s body was discovered, Read’s defense has further alleged."

Timewise, it the beginning of their conversation coincides with the moment from which JMc started deleting her phone information, whatever it means. A and H started speaking at 2:22 and she deleted data starting from 2:26, right?

But of course, this is not his biggest problem. I checked what he used to write. Antivaxxer, antimasker, conspiracy stuff. Also, interesting use of the money that he raises for “just causes”.

He has a glib pen, but can’t they find anyone better to attract attention to the case? Is independent investigative journalism all dead? The fact that they had to use TB tells a lot about independence of the press, and this is way scarier than the man himself.

I'm not a fan of TB but don't feel his view of this shoddy investigation should be discounted due to his stance on vax, masks and whatever conspiracy stuff is. I happen to agree with the belief this has been a shoddy investigation.JMOO

And the FBI was already investigating the investigation before Turtleboy ever wrote his first article. So there was a great scoop out there for any newspaper that was willing to look into this case.

I've heard some claim that the media didn't want to touch it because it would affect their cozy relationship with the cops and the DA. But this is also the city of Spotlight, so surely there are reporters who wouldn't be afraid of the backlash. Perhaps it's the modern media landscape. The industry has been so decimated that that no paper can afford to spend the time and money doing the sort of investigative journalism they would have twenty years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592