MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This butt-dial thing is so dumb.

Butt-dials are from back when phones had actual buttons. If you had one in your back pocket and didn't physically lock your phone you could inadvertently press a button and call someone on your favorites list.

I'm not saying you can't inadvertently call someone with an iPhone, but it's much harder. I can't recall the last time I did that. Maybe two or three years ago when Siri heard something I said and interpreted it as a call request.

The idea that the men almost simultaneously butt-dialed each other while using iPhones is just hard to believe.

(What is common with iPhones is tapping on the wrong person on your contacts. But it doesn't sound like that's what happened here. It sounds like the phone was locked and he somehow called Brian Higgins.)

It happens, though. I did get a call and it sounded like butt-dialing. I answered that I couldn’t hear anything and disconnected. The next day I had an hour-long message recording someone’s activity during that hour. It was Android.

I fully believe that is exactly what they expected to happen and then when she hires AJ etc you start seeing the scrambling of the dog being rehomed, the house sold, and phones destroyed
Well there is always this…… even if KR is pursued fully through this trial, and either acquitted, convicted, or hung…… in the first two scenarios TMK she cannot be retried.

So someone else could still be on the hook for it……. if investigators and those investigating and pursuing it handle it properly. Sure IMO seems either the feds or others in a differing jurisdiction need to take over this case depending on the outcome.

Something IMO smells off in this case. And it isn’t fish. And I am way down the east coast and can smell and see it from here AFAIAC. MOO

Last edited:
B Albert Jr is indicating on the screen where he saw the dark colored SUV.

Testifies the move to the flagpole only took a couple of minutes.
He didn’t look out the window again, so he didn’t see it again.

Brian Albert Jr is testifying he didn’t formally meet John OKeefe, he didn’t know Karen Read.

@SueNBCBoston

It would lead to the same spot where John OKeefe’s body was found?- yes.
JO wouldn't know about the bulkhead, he'd not go looking for it . JM texting him, where to park, making sure she has contact which I'd think would be to say, ok, come to the front door or then expecting 'them' after seeing the suv parked, to GO to the front door to greet them.. as she was all about directing them, assuming K was also coming in with him. She did say she saw K's car leaving and prob of course, assumed, ohhh they're not coming in after all and went back to the guests inside..
SO, in such a super short time, I think, between JO getting out of K's suv and being attacked, IN SOME WAY, it's like someone waiting and seeing him, went over to him. or called to him and the attack happened. Also, due to the short time, K did hit him. I say only because it all happened so fast for such immediate damage and why? How could an argument with anyone at the home go to 100 percent so fast, JO not expecting this most likely still holding the glass is the KEY still in the how. Instant inadvertent dog attack along with human physical attack? Was the dog out at that time? Needing to know about the appearance of his sleeve.
Was someone laying in wait? Higgins and JM wanted him there, but it also could of been just 'c'monnn, stop by..as Higgins had returned with him earlier from the long car ride to/from NY and then out at the bars.
Maybe Higgins was steaming and steaming through the day/night, jealousy regarding OK and KR. Just thoughts thrown out, scenarios.. I know we need the scientific evidence that is available at all. ALBERTS and fam are def evasive and hiding SOMETHING/ SOMEONE though.
This KR and JM and other women running around with her at dawn it seems frantically looking for JO together seems odd. They didn't appease KR and say, he must be over BA'S house, fell asleep, I'll call over.. not get all redressed, jump into action with a hysterical KR who sees JO right off, knew where to look.

@SueNBCBoston

Little is up for the defense.
July 6 2023 is the first time he talked to law enforcement about the incident.
19 months later.
Asking about prior testimony about Colin, on Snapchat.
B Albert detailing how Colin could have known he was home.
Little asking about SnapChat groups.

2:52 PM · May 13, 2024

Bulkhead is very different compared to a walkout basement. It would be easier to take a person or body out through a walkout than a bulkhead. moo

Bulkhead is very different compared to a walkout basement. It would be easier to take a person or body out through a walkout than a bulkhead. moo
Yes, but just as easy with help as JO a big guy and unconscious climbing the few steps out the bulkhead door. IF NEED BE. EDITING AFTER SEEING PIX: they have more than a few stairs as I've had with one and it would take two to haul JO up the stairs, one to also open the doors if not left open IF JO lured to that location to come in, when someone saw him in the yard, after being dropped off, waiting for him. Was JM the watcher/alerter. Sounds crazy as WHAT would of warranted such a beating and leaving thrown out in snow/freezing weather. Planned or instantly occurred.

Last edited:
Two men could easily do it. Push the door opens and go up a few stairs.
I just wrote then edited my kind of same comment. His stairs are more than I have had and envisioned. One to take the top and one to hold his feet. I've felt with ongoing reading of this , more info, that JO went through some NOT obvious and easily seen door, with other guests nearby that were not 'wanted' for the event, if this was preplanned. Was Jen Mc the 'alerter'? They're here, not knowing that KR would not be coming in after all. That bulkhead entry/exit is so convenient.

Two big guys could easily transport a body through that. It's just a staircase with a door that opens upwards instead of outwards.

In NYC, these kinds of door are common in front of bodegas and other small stores. They use them to stock heavy goods like cases of beer and soda.

View attachment 503286
Bulkheads are extremely common part of homes here in New England, nice if you have a walkout though for hauling things in and out. Old wood doors or the 'newer' metal ones.

He’s reading his grand jury testimony again.
He testified that he didn’t go out because it cause anxiety, it was a stressful situation, he gets overwhelmed.
Asked how often with who he speaks about this case?
He says you’d have to break it down by case, incident , and harassment

B Albert maintains he didn’t hear or see anything on Jan. 29.
He did see the truck and car.
Did not see a body.
Defense is done.
Witness is dismissed

Caitlin Albert is the next prosecution witness.
She is sworn in.
@DoctorTurtleboy is back in the press box.

@SueNBCBoston

Does anyone remember the name of that lawyer's podcast about this case that's really good? I'm driving somewhere for work and it's going to take an hour and I just can't look it up right this second but I'd really like to listen to it.
Yes, he said he keeps it in his bed, where he was having intimate relations with his wife. (I sacrificed my cringing hard mind for this answer ( ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DryHeat77