MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lally establishing where she lived, lives, and with who.
Who her parents are, siblings, etc.
She is the oldest, she works for MA AG’s office.

Lally asking about Jan 28 & 29.
The 29th was Brian Jrs bday.
They call him “Little Brian”
C Albert talking about planning to go out with family, then going back to the house to see Little Brian.
She doesn’t remember how the plan came about exactly.

She can’t remember when she arrived at Waterfall.
Maybe 6p, she drank White Claw.
Her BF left, he had a plow job.
Caitlin is hedging, can’t remember if there was a band, not sure about the time or order of people arriving.

Caitlin says she convinced her dad to come because she wanted to see him.
Brian Higgins came along.
She’s detailing, from what she can remember, a man & a woman came in.
The man seemed friendly with people.
Her mom told him it was John OKeefe

She knew of him.
Assumed the woman was his significant other, wife.
Caitlin knew of his story, the tragedy.
She knew John’s niece was same age as her McCabe cousins, that Uncle Chris lived near him.

Caitlin says she never formally met John or the woman he was with.
She believes everyone was present when John & Karen arrived.
She says she the worst at time, but they left about 12ish.
The mood was lighthearted, having a good time, getting along.

@SueNBCBoston

Folks are back in the courtroom.
Waiting on the jury & judge.

Brian Albert is back on the stand,

Court & jury are back.
Judge tells Jackson if she had known he only had a couple of questions left, she would have let him finish.
Jackson asks if B Albert watched earlier broadcasts of Read court proceedings.
- no
Jackson gives B Albert a document.

Jackson reading from June 2023, regarding who could have answered the call from Higgins: it could only be me.
- Albert confirms
Jackson is done.
ADA Lally is up.
Talking about Hillside, establishing that Albert was there, but not with OKeefe or Read.

When you were at Waterfall, you were there with friends & families, not just OKeefe & Read.
- correct
On the 29th did you or anyone go into the basement?
-no
Asking about Chloe, and how she behaves with strangers.

Albert framing that some people don’t like dogs, Chloe wasn’t aggressive, except for the dog fight.
Lally establishing 28/29 timeline.
Why didn’t he go outside?
- saw emergency vehicles, didn’t see John, she asked where was John.
Was there any reason for you to go outside?

- there was no victim, there was nothing I could do.
Lally establishing basement bulkhead.
Doors in photo were not original.
B Albert says the original doors were old creaky & could be heard in kitchen.
Talking about gates around house.
Now on to phone.

B Albert being asked if calls, texts, photos could be backed up in Cloud.
- yes
Albert asked if he knew the request for his phone was denied.
- yes
When was the last boxing match?
- 20 years ago
Is your defensive tactics training standard?
-yes

John OKeefe would have been trained.
-yes
How was your phone service at you home?
- we had dead zones around the house
Was your phone locked when you began being intimate with your wife?
- I don’t know

@SueNBCBoston
Bulkheads are not used enough I'd say to be so annoying if old and creaky to go through the expense of replacing. I know he was planning to sell and maybe wanted to 'upgrade' things like that, but I doubt it.. more like no chance of DNA or fibers found on the doors and who knows what he did to the stairs and sidewalls. if anything.

I just wrote then edited my kind of same comment. His stairs are more than I have had and envisioned. One to take the top and one to hold his feet. I've felt with ongoing reading of this , more info, that JO went through some NOT obvious and easily seen door, with other guests nearby that were not 'wanted' for the event, if this was preplanned. Was Jen Mc the 'alerter'? They're here, not knowing that KR would not be coming in after all. That bulkhead entry/exit is so convenient.

JO could have easily walked by the entrance to the dining room on the right and straight down the basment stairs which were on the left off the foyer. I can see how some of the guests may have never seen him, unless he intentionally stuck his head in and said Hi to people he didn't know.

I've felt for awhile now that John was brought to the house to learn some sort of Albert lesson about how things work in Canton. We don't know what this lesson may have been though. And I can see an over eager punk like Colin Albert going a little too far and causing a grievous injury to John, possibly almost immediately. Too many witnesses are bending over backwards, sometimes very implausably, to make it seem Colin left before he could have seen Read and O'Keefe.

Day 10 and I've seen nothing that changes my mind. It's almost as though the Alberts are on trial, not Karen Read.

JO could have easily walked by the entrance to the dining room on the right and straight down the basment stairs which were on the left off the foyer. I can see how some of the guests may have never seen him, unless he intentionally stuck his head in and said Hi to people he didn't know.

I've felt for awhile now that John was brought to the house to learn some sort of Albert lesson about how things work in Canton. We don't know what this lesson may have been though. And I can see an over eager punk like Colin Albert going a little too far and causing a grievous injury to John, possibly almost immediately. Too many witnesses are bending over backwards, sometimes very implausably, to make it seem Colin left before he could have seen Read and O'Keefe.

Day 10 and I've seen nothing that changes my mind. It's almost as though the Alberts are on trial, not Karen Read.

Why teach JOK a lesson? This makes no sense to me? Wasn't he Boston LE? Did Colin have a previous issue with JKO? Did something happen previously? I am trying to understand, because I dont follow along with this "entrapment" theory... isolating John to the home to teach him a lesson. Isn't that along the lines of junior high/high school actions?

I agree with last sentence.

moo

Why teach JOK a lesson? This makes no sense to me? Wasn't he Boston LE? Did Colin have a previous issue with JKO? Did something happen previously? I am trying to understand, because I dont follow along with this "entrapment" theory... isolating John to the home to teach him a lesson. Isn't that along the lines of junior high/high school actions?

moo
Speculation and jmo: It was the dog. Attacked and caused deep scratches, he fell, was under the influence, hit his head or something, was unconscious and died of exposure. Was discovered by Alberts and co later. Are covering for the dog because clearly charges could be laid on the dog's owner. Speculation only

Aren’t the buttons to silence a call in a different position, to the side than the power button or scroll area to answer and reject a call though? Would he really get those two spots confused?

Also did the phone ring? Because if so I feel he would possibly look at the phone to verify who was calling just out of parental instinct since his daughter had left that night and he would want to check to see if the caller was her in case she needed help or he would just check out of concern or worry for his party guests who were driving in the snow unfortunately after consuming alcohol or becoming inebriated. And if he did check his in this scenario would he have been less likely to silence or hang up Higgins call since he was looking directly at it?

JMO/ MO speculation

I also think there's something to be said for these "witnesses" not being interviewed for months, if not more than a year, after the incident. Especially since they were all drinking. How reliable are any of these testimonies? Especially when I'm seeing witnesses say one thing in interviews or the GJ proceedings, and now different things in this trial.

JMO

Speculation and jmo: It was the dog. Attacked and caused deep scratches, he fell, was under the influence, hit his head or something, was unconscious and died of exposure. Was discovered by Alberts and co later. Are covering for the dog because clearly charges could be laid on the dog's owner. Speculation only
So if the dog bites, attacks a person in your home and lets say the attack was only due to playing around with each other…
Example: boxing or play fighting as guys like to do. The dog of the house viciously attacks the stranger because that is what some dogs will do. The homeowner/dog owner decides to drag the person out to the cold and let the person die. Instead of calling 911 and getting help for the person’s dog bites that typically are not life threatening.

moo

Jen Mc saying she never saw him I believe. I'd of thought she'd be at the door or hear the greetings and went to say hey you came.. great, where's K? This is a normal sounding scene though, mind you. Here, all of it can be made up. JO's phone would show the texts. Is there a true length of time that he was dropped off and time of death?

Why teach him a lesson? We don't know everything. And probably never will. But Jen McCabe was very persistent that John show up at the Albert's. I think we will also hear much more about Brian Higgins.

We know Colin had some minor run-ins with the victim, his neighbor up until a few weeks before John's death. I doubt those are the specific reasons, but I don't buy Chris Albert's "it was all innocent fun" either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ulanov911