MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is on the courtroom, waiting on jury & judge.
A few of #KarenRead supporters wearing pink.

Judge is here.
Court is in session.
Judge tells Yannetti she hasn’t changed her mind about the introduction of info around the nature of the relationship between Caitlin Albert & Katy McLaughlin.
Tells Yannetti she will govern him some leeway.
He asks for parameters.

Judge says jurors are on their way in.
Someone asks for a sidebar.
Jurors have arrived,
Judge now apologizes to jury for the sidebar that happened while they entered.
Off we go.

@SueNBCBoston

@BienickWCVB

#KarenRead Good morning from day 11. We expect to hear more cross-exam of Caitlin Albert. She is the daughter of the homeowners and was there the night O'Keefe died. The defense says she is also a friend of EMT Katie McLaughlin who previously testified Read said, "I hit him."

8:59 AM · May 14, 2024

There's nothing fishy going on.

Karen Read hit him.
Karen Read went home.
Karen Read woke (or never went to bed) and knew/remembered that she'd hit him. That's why she didn't behave like a normal person, that morning.
Nobody goes into a full panic at 4:45am - simply because their boyfriend hasn't come home after extending the night drinking with friends - and especially not in a blizzard.
Whether Karen Read said 'I hit him' or 'did I hit him?' - it's all nonsense. When you drop someone off at a party - you don't think you might've run them over and killed them! They get out of the car - they say bye - they walk up the door. You drive off.
Again, you don't think maybe you've run them over and killed them.

Actually, I'd say there's a good deal of people who wake up and are in a full panic because there loved one isn't home. Mosey on over to the missing persons section of this website and read a few threads. Speaking like things are facts when they are opinions gets us nowhere. Did Karen Read hit him? Where is the proof? Where are any facts that the prosecution has presented? All i see is them defending their own witnesses. They have yet to show me one thing that proves Karen Read did this. A LOT of assumptions in this post with nothing backing them up.

I agree. His anxiety stems from the trauma of it all. It was Jr's bday. Not many waken on their birthday to a dead body in their yard and the family is being blamed.

Yes, she was ready. The last baby shower that I attended there were many, mostly young, new faces. I could have posed next to a beautiful future killer but it wouldn't mean I was friends with them at the baby shower.

There was a purpose for upgrading the phone. Possible that something was on there that he didn't want cellubrite to reveal. It might not even have anything to do with the Read case. But, wait until the jury learns that Higgins also upgraded his phone. Seems too coincidental but I'll wait to hear H's testimony.

BA stated he thought of Jen as a sister since he'd known her since she was 6yo. He would be of comforting support in an emotional sense but no way did he verbally interfere with coaching her answers or direct questions bc that'd be obstruction.

How do you know that as a fact? Do you know him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rypie15