MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, do you happen to know if prosecution mentioned anything significant about JO's wounds and proof of vehicular impact (not this tail light thingymajig) in their opening statement? I missed the openers (not in US) though will get around to watching soon I hope.
He may very well have, but I don't recall it.

All I remember of Lally's opening is the endless list of witnesses who would be appearing, delivered in a flat monotone. For all I know he could have been reading a passage out of the Old Testament with a long list of who begat whom.

He may very well have, but I don't recall it.

All I remember of Lally's opening is the endless list of witnesses who would be appearing, delivered in a flat monotone. For all I know he could have been reading a passage out of the Old Testament with a long list of who begat whom.
on second thoughts maybe I'll give it a miss...but seriously if he didn't really emphasise the wounds in his opening that could be telling imoo, avoidance. ostrich with head in sand type of thing. Imo gonna need more than this tail light. I'll steel myself with coffee to stay awake and give his opening a shot

You know, I said before that I thought Caitlin Albert was believable as a witness. But her calling her boyfriend to pick her up at 1:45 AM when he had to be up early is super-weird.

I don't know quite know what to make of it. The defense wants to suggest that her parents sent her away because of what happened that night. Maybe or maybe not, but just add it to the oddities in this case.

Edit - Also, Tristan's lack of memory is a bit strange. This wasn't a memorable event for him?

You know, I said before that I thought Caitlin Albert was believable as a witness. But her calling her boyfriend to pick her up at 1:45 AM when he had to be up early is super-weird.

I don't know quite know what to make of it. The defense wants to suggest that her parents sent her away because of what happened that night. Maybe or maybe not, but just add it to the oddities in this case.

Edit - Also, Tristan's lack of memory is a bit strange. This wasn't a memorable event for him?
Not really. In fact - it kind of slid in quickly - but the boyfriend testified she said she didn't want to be snowed in at the house... and that he just went to go get her because she was 'high maintenance' and it wasn't worth it to argue (sic).

It's literally the most believable thing, ever.

The boyfriend was a bit obnoxious with the times. Obviously, one would know the difference between 5pm and 5am. On the other hand, if it actually mattered, the defense could've certainly nailed him down with phone records, etc.. to a tighter time.

This is an example of how the defense wants to put questions out there... but certainly doesn't want to give answers... because for them - it's not about the answers, they just want to give a sense of evasiveness.

I don't think the whole "did you see... red plastic, black hat, etc." shtick was all that convincing.

Last edited:
I am really interested in replaying the portion about Y inquiring (TM on the stand) about the photo or event and asked if he was celebrating KR indictment? Anyone care to provide explanation? If not, I will hop on L&C (later) to review their footage. I missed some of it. TIA

I believe it was photo of 12 people with clinched fist.

edit: Never mind re-read Sue's post

Last edited:
I am really interested in replaying the portion about Y inquiring (TM on the stand) about the photo or event and asked if he was celebrating KR indictment? Anyone care to provide explanation? If not, I will hop on L&C (later) to review their footage. I missed some of it. TIA

I believe it was photo of 12 people with clinched fist.

Objection....sustained. The judge's usual response.

Not really. In fact - it kind of slid in quickly - but the boyfriend testified she said she didn't want to be snowed in at the house... and that he just went to go get her because she was 'high maintenance' and it wasn't worth it to argue (sic).

It's literally the most believable thing, ever.
Her boyfriend had to shovel snow early the next morning. Meanwhile, she has a white collar job with the DA's office. It's likely she didn't have to work the next day as it was a Saturday. So would it have mattered if she was snowed in? She was at her family home, after all. Probably by mid-day/early afternoon the road conditions would have improved enough that Tristan could have picked her up in the Jeep after his work was done.

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask why she felt the need to deprive her boyfriend of rest right before he had to do manual labor the next morning. And to question if she's being completely honest in her answer.

Last edited:
I am sorry but that courtroom is starting sound like a sickroom with all that constant coughing, throat clearing and sneezing lol and then someone is having too much fun moving around on that squeaky chair

It is like some of the audience members are trying to add their own background music or ASMR to this trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rypie15