MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
@SueNBCBoston

Went to her sister’s basketball game.
Hung out with friends.
Ended her night by driving Colin Albert home.
This is the first time the jury is hearing who drove Colin home from his uncle Brian Albert’s home on 1/28, 29

Lists the other people she was with.
She was a senior in HS at the time.
While they were out driving around, they came upon a dog.
The dog ran to the car.
So they took it to the police station.
It was a small white dog.
As she walked in to tell the police, the owner of the dog…

So here's something I'm having trouble with. According to the testimony of Ryan Nagel and the others in the Ford truck, KR was parked somewhere by the flagpole, near where JO's body was eventually found.

In the diagram I created below, wouldn't JO have gotten out of the car and walked across the lawn to the front door (following the purple line)? I think most would on a cold night unless they were wearing open-toed shoes, or for some other reason were reluctant to walk across the grass.

I guess the commonwealth believes that JO took the blue path and KR hit him as he was walking along the street. Personally, I find that less likely. But even that's true how does his body end up where the yellow circle is? Wouldn't it be closer to the driveway, just from the momentum of being hit?

1715790881323.png

@SueNBCBoston

Lally asks how did you get the info that Colin was at the Albert’s!
- I just knew
How would you communicate?
- Apps, phone, snap, texts.

Lally asking how she approached the house, driving, she doesn’t remember.
Allison McCabe says she texted Colin “here”.
She doesn’t know how long it took him to come out.
A few minutes.
Lights were on in the house.
She doesn’t remember if it was snowing.

So here's something I'm having trouble with. According to the testimony of Ryan Nagel and the others in the Ford truck, KR was parked somewhere by the flagpole, near where JO's body was eventually found.

In the diagram I created below, wouldn't JO have gotten out of the car and walked across the lawn to the front door (following the purple line)? I think most would on a cold night unless they were wearing open-toed shoes, or for some other reason were reluctant to walk across the grass.

I guess the commonwealth believes that JO took the blue path and KR hit him as he was walking along the street. Personally, I find that less likely. But even that's true how does his body end up where the yellow circle is? Wouldn't it be closer to the driveway, just from the momentum of being hit?

There was no reason for John to be anywhere near that location. Keep in mind he didn't have a coat (one EMT said he saw a "puffy" jacket, but he's the only one and seems to be mistaken), and although it may not have been snowing heavily yet, it was pretty cold, in the 20's by 12:30. Read had no reason to pull that far forward to let him off. So how is the CW's theory that Karen pulled over 60 feet forward and then backwards - on a curve- to hit a man who not only had no reason to be there, but also no reason to stand there and wait to be hit, even remotely viable?

@JHall7news

The defense has been pointing out no one saw Colin leave - only that he was getting a ride - so this witness is trouble for KR. They will prob need to claim she's lying.

She texted Colin "I'm here" and he came out at some point. She can't recall how quickly. Colin got in the front passenger seat. She dropped him off at his house.

@JHall7news

The defense has been pointing out no one saw Colin leave - only that he was getting a ride - so this witness is trouble for KR. They will prob need to claim she's lying.

She texted Colin "I'm here" and he came out at some point. She can't recall how quickly. Colin got in the front passenger seat. She dropped him off at his house.
But but but the door monitors should have seen him, lol.MO

View attachment 503730
I have a feeling the biomechanic experts will prove JO's injuries, strike location, throw distance, and KR's car distance and speed could not have happened the way the prosecution alleges.

It's just math. Can't wait until the experts testify.

Why are the failed qualifications of the State Police Lab person not allowed????

I hope this is brought up again, as a juror I believe it would be imperative to know if the state "professionals" actually have the required qualifications??

Probably the qualifications just can't be brought in through the testimony of this particular witness (how would she really have any idea about it, after all?). Maybe he can get it in a different way.

In this morning's testimony, Allie McCabe mentioned that her mom had Life360 on her phone. It's a family locator that tracks via GPS.

I wonder if the Life360 data for Jen McCabe was ever pulled. From their website:

Life360 generally retains some form of location data for up to 13 months. Life360 currently collects dwell data in a yearlong batch and deletes the previous year’s batch in February of the following year. Thus, the retention period for dwell data depends on when it is collected but generally will not exceed 13 months.

It seems the data should have been available until February 2023.

Makes sense...but imo Chloe is involved somehow, not a random dog and someone/s know/s that Chloe was involved. JMO

OK, we have zero knowledge that Chloe was involved. All I see are deep scratches. Could come from human nails, too.

Two days ago I listened to some ex-DEA agent who suddenly became an expert on the case. (??? No one was tampering with street drugs in this case AFAIK). He said, "I know an insider source, I can't tell you who he is, but he says that...". You know what I think of such statements. The same with Chloe. The lawyers accuse Chloe - but is there any proof?

I rather suspect that an obvious thing happened- the dog bit someone, BA euthanized the dog but now is too ashamed of acknowledging it because you know, we all love dogs. But, I once saw the results of someone being bitten by a pit bull. First, it looks different, and second, the owner lost a home in a lawsuit and had to put the animal down. So I know that things happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti