MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know what model the iPhone was? Older models were easier to adjust the time, unlike they are now. TIA moo
I don’t believe she said, but I believe she said the new one was a 14 Pro.
Not to be pedantic, but reviewing the notes, it was an iPhone 14 Pro Max.

Screenshots of text messages between Colin Albert and Allison McCabe were shown to the jury. Colin had asked her to pick him up that night. She texted "here" at 12:10am. There has been previous testimony that Colin Albert left the Alberts' home shortly after they got home from the bar.

Defense cross-exam concentrates on the possibility that texts can be deleted inside a text thread and LE not asking for her phone or conducting an extraction of her phone, etc...
I believe the screenshots were altered. The one on the right should have a date/day separator between the 11:55pm and 12:10am texts.

Do you know what model the iPhone was? Older models were easier to adjust the time, unlike they are now. TIA moo

I don’t know for certain I’m not sure if they specified but I do know the iPhone 14 debuted late 2022 and all the phone upgrades we’ve heard about were around that timeframe. What the phone each had prior to upgrade I have no idea, I’d assume earlier than iPhone 14 at least.

I think I am slowly coming to my thoughts on this case. I am not married to the idea of KR being innocent, I'd like to make that very clear, though I do lean heavily on the side of NG.

I think the crux of the matter is the shoddy police work. Period. Many, if not most, key witnesses were not interviewed until many months, if not a year, after the incident and their testimonies eerily contradictory. The snow plow operator who saw nothing. The crime scene was almost laughably insecure so that even with a credible source, imo the forensic testimony (blanking on her name, plz forgive me) fell flat because she could only speak to her own best practices and whats that worth if the source is questionable?

I hurt so badly for the victim's family. But I think their anger should be directed at the state.

I both agree and disagree.

I agree that the police work here was breathtakingly terrible.

But I don't believe they are normally anywhere near as incompetent as they appear to be here. The best explanation comes directly from Michael "All Roads Lead To" Proctor himself. Brian Albert was a Boston cop and he had nothing to worry about. We'll make sure no one asks any questions, even if we have to plant evidence and frame an innocent woman. Whoever dumped the victim's body knew they had people they could count on in their back pocket.

If feel sorry for many of the people here. John's family, the young adults that have been pulled into this, and Karen Read.

I both agree and disagree.

I agree that the police work here was breathtakingly terrible.

But I don't believe they are normally anywhere near as incompetent as they appear to be here. The best explanation comes directly from Michael "All Roads Lead To" Proctor himself. Brian Albert was a Boston cop and he had nothing to worry about. We'll make sure no one asks any questions, even if we have to plant evidence and frame an innocent woman. Whoever dumped the victim's body knew they had people they could count on in their back pocket.

If feel sorry for many of the people here. John's family, the young adults that have been pulled into this, and Karen Read.

BBM.
I'm trying to soak in info as a juror, that's enough for me to say NG. We'll see how the rest plays out.

I wonder if the McCabes and BA live in the same neighborhood or how closely are their homes located? According to the Life360 report and AM’s and CA’s text messages after leaving home she was able to reach the Fairview home in 4 minutes. That seems really quick.

Also this is a minor thing or maybe I misheard but Lally asks CA if he saw or met any other adults besides NA and BA? CA said yes but I think Lally may have forgotten to include Higgins and Caitlin, who came in right after his aunt and uncle.

Last edited:
I wonder if the McCabes and BA live in the same neighborhood or how closely are their homes located? According to the Life360 report and AM’s and CA’s text messages after leaving home she was able to reach the Fairview home in 4 minutes. That seems really quick.

2.3 miles. A 6 minute drive normally.

Also this is a minor thing or maybe I misheard but Lally asks CA if he saw or met any other adults besides NA and BA? CA said yes but I think Lally may have forgotten to include Higgins and Caitlin, who came in right after his aunt and uncle.

I don’t think she came from home. If the texts are accurate she said she was dropping ppl off then would come. I can say though I believe Fairview is about midway between where the McCabes live and the Chris/Colin Albert home.

OK, we have zero knowledge that Chloe was involved. All I see are deep scratches. Could come from human nails, too.

Two days ago I listened to some ex-DEA agent who suddenly became an expert on the case. (??? No one was tampering with street drugs in this case AFAIK). He said, "I know an insider source, I can't tell you who he is, but he says that...". You know what I think of such statements. The same with Chloe. The lawyers accuse Chloe - but is there any proof?

I rather suspect that an obvious thing happened- the dog bit someone, BA euthanized the dog but now is too ashamed of acknowledging it because you know, we all love dogs. But, I once saw the results of someone being bitten by a pit bull. First, it looks different, and second, the owner lost a home in a lawsuit and had to put the animal down. So I know that things happen.
I grew up w a GSD. He was more of a king GSD and lived to almost 17.
I had a bully. All of us kids walked home after school and my dog would come half way to meet us. This was a normal occurrence.
The boy bullied me, didn’t get a reaction he wanted out of me, pushed me, went to hit me and my dog reacted. The boy’s side torso looked almost identical to JOs arm. My dog lunged at him, knocking him down and pined him with his mouth and paws.
Other kids saw the whole thing and nothing came of it.
Mind you, this is also in a different country (not a litigious place like USA is) and his parents felt that it was no one’s fault but their kid’s.
All this to say, whatever happened to JOs arm, the possibility that it was from a dog is absolutely viable. At least from my own, anecdotal experience.

I don’t know for certain I’m not sure if they specified but I do know the iPhone 14 debuted late 2022 and all the phone upgrades we’ve heard about were around that timeframe. What the phone each had prior to upgrade I have no idea, I’d assume earlier than iPhone 14 at least.
Thank you. I was more concerned about the older iPhone, the one prior to the one she got in Dec. :)

Good catch on the screenshots you noted above!

All this to say, whatever happened to JOs arm, the possibility that it was from a dog is absolutely viable. At least from my own, anecdotal experience.

A dog is the only explanation. Right arm being held up to ward off an attack and protect the face. Defense did a great job cross examining the expert today, and there will be more to come regarding all of the chain of custody problems with the victim's clothing.

I somewhat surprised by the passive response some of the adults had when CA mentioned he was getting a ride home from a friend. CA was a minor who may not have appeared drunk still consumed alcohol. How sure were they that his friend hadn’t consumed any either? With the exception of Caitlin who found out it was AM picking him up and AM, who was trusted by by CA to be the designated driver that night it was my impression that no one really asked him for the driver’s name, car or phone number or attempted to follow and walk him to the door, ask him to sleepover or text them when he got home or maybe find an alternative means to get a safe ride home. They did seem to condone his drinking and perhaps because they were cops they thought they could protect him and his friends from any legal repercussions but they also know the stats and risks of DUI and perhaps seen first hand the fatalities and injuries that result from it. That and the fact that their family would make one think they would show a little bit more concern in regards to his lift home.

I mean the McCabes use Life360 with their kids and Chris Albert and JA both usually stay up each night until their son makes it back home safely to them so I guess that is also why I would expect more of a response from BA, NA and BA Jr too.

Also, since AM is family I wonder why neither BA, NA, BA Jr., JA and Chris Albert knew she was the one that gave CA a ride home from Fairview that night? It seems from their testimony it was just some unnamed friend.

JMO

Last edited:
"Colin wasn't at the house. He's being harassed for … he was not at the house when John [O'Keefe] was there. I drove him home. People are harassing him saying he was at the house when it's not true. ... Constant phone calls. Emails. Awful messages," Allie McCabe said.

A dog is the only explanation. Right arm being held up to ward off an attack and protect the face. Defense did a great job cross examining the expert today, and there will be more to come regarding all of the chain of custody problems with the victim's clothing.
I think my favorite part of that cross was when JA asked about pig DNA coming from a food source.

Even during direct examination, I think everyone’s mind went to “appetizers, potato skins, bacon cheeseburger “ JO might have been around that night at the bar.
JA so skillfully walked that thought into dog treats and PIGS EARS, and then dog claws “lacking” DNA.
That was pure gold.

And all that while someone (or multiple someones) kept coughing at the most opportune time.

I grew up w a GSD. He was more of a king GSD and lived to almost 17.
I had a bully. All of us kids walked home after school and my dog would come half way to meet us. This was a normal occurrence.
The boy bullied me, didn’t get a reaction he wanted out of me, pushed me, went to hit me and my dog reacted. The boy’s side torso looked almost identical to JOs arm. My dog lunged at him, knocking him down and pined him with his mouth and paws.
Other kids saw the whole thing and nothing came of it.
Mind you, this is also in a different country (not a litigious place like USA is) and his parents felt that it was no one’s fault but their kid’s.

Well, a good dog protects own masters and the house.

TBH, the dog that attacked a human, as I suspect, might have been somehow provoked, too, but no one saw the attack. The problem with pit bulls is, once they bite, they can’t unbite. What I saw were pieces of meat torn out of the leg, it needed surgeries, etc.

And this is the question I wanted to ask you about GSs. They have different jaws (pitbulls remind me of Stafford terriers). However, if your dog bit a human, didn’t it leave rounded bite marks?

What I saw here were scratched left by a dog I once knew on the floor. Deep and parallel. Bites, no.

How does it look to you?

Well, a good dog protects own masters and the house.

TBH, the dog that attacked a human, as I suspect, might have been somehow provoked, too, but no one saw the attack. The problem with pit bulls is, once they bite, they can’t unbite. What I saw were pieces of meat torn out of the leg, it needed surgeries, etc.

And this is the question I wanted to ask you about GSs. They have different jaws (pitbulls remind me of Stafford terriers). However, if your dog bit a human, didn’t it leave rounded bite marks?

What I saw here were scratched left by a dog I once knew on the floor. Deep and parallel. Bites, no.

How does it look to you?
GSDs are excellent at listening to commands. While their initial bite might leave a rounded bite mark, they tend to shake their head causing an additional tear within that rounded puncture mark. The command takes a split second to give, but the intrinsic nature to protect may overpower the command for just another 2-3 seconds, which is more than enough to cause that tear while they’re thrashing the head.
All this while they pin down with paws on each side, and they may bite down twice quickly bc the first bite wasn’t a good grab so they readjust the jaw.
So you get a bunch of smaller ripped puncture wounds with straight scratches on each side from their nails.
And if the person is standing the bite tears downwards.

Full disclosure, I haven’t watched any canine expert opinions on this case, bc I wanted to experience their testimony through the jury’s eyes.
I’m only sharing from personal experience and could be wrong/completely opposite from an expert’s opinion.

RSBM
Women can get very angry... so therefore KR murdered someone?

Why not just say "Everyone knows womenfolk are emotional and can't control their impulses"?

What a disservice to our gender, believing and spreading such misogyny.

Edit: "our" not "your"

Let us sort it out - does questioning KR innocence equates misogyny? Or does not agreeing with the majority justify witch hunt?

If anyone says he believes KR is guilty, expect being accused of misogyny or being jealous of KR.

Yet - people here and elsewhere feel totally justified in ridiculing a woman, JA, who unknowingly used a sexualized term in her deposition. The only reason that term popped up is because a certain blogger was repeating it in his paper. By doing so, the said blogger was ridiculing a policeman with a foreign last name, as I suspect, born into an immigrant family. Yet no one put an end to ugly xenophobia, no one said, this is Massachusetts, made of immigrant communities, stop it. Xenophobia is fine if it targets a cop, probably a Slav. Those who snicker at the word JA used, are aware that it is spread by a channel endorsed in sexploitation of women. They know that the person who “popularized it” in the context of JO’s murder case was arrested for attacking a pregnant GF.

But, only KR is off-limits. JA comes from the opposite camp, so all is fair game, right?

Neither misogyny nor xenophobia are my terrain. The only group I feel sorry for is JO, his orphaned wards and his family. I hope there will be justice for them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member