MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colin Albert, witness for the prosecution, is back.
Alan Jackson on cross.
Jackson asking who he spoke to in order to prepare for his testimony.
Colin asks him to restate the question.When and who did you talk about you testimony, to prep for his testimony.

We finally get Lally& the witness advocate.
Colin is testifying he doesn’t remember.
Jackson asking when he started thinking about this case?
Colin says a couple of weeks ago.
Jackson: not on the day John OKeefe died?

@SueNBCBoston

I spoke to a number of legal experts last night about when, exactly, the door to that testimony was opened. They were unclear. I’d have to re-read A. McCabe’s testimony, but it seems the ruling is: her screenshot of the text exchange was a reaction to the harassment (in part)

9:19 AM · May 16, 2024

Wasn't the screenshot introduced by the prosecution? I'm still confused by what question the defense asked that opened the door.

So very many people don't remember so many things concerning this case it's a wonder how they function in day to day life. My 87 yrs old mother with Alzheimer's remembers more about my 1st high-shool baseball game then these people do about a dead body on their friend's and families front lawn. It's quite remarkable. Maybe it's all the booze they all consume.

This kid is soooo shady with his " I don't know's". If I'm a juror this isn't helping the prosecution at all. Hopefully THEY remember!

Wasn't the screenshot introduced by the prosecution? I'm still confused by what question the defense asked that opened the door.
Could you rephrase your question. j/k
Yes, the screenshot presented by CW.
re: opened door to harassment: Not sure either. Recall the judge gave the okay during Ali's testimony.
moo

@SueNBCBoston

Jackson: you remember the time you left Fairview, but you don’t remember a lot of other things?Jackson: this case never comes up in the Albert household?-noJackson asking about the screenshot, and if Lally showed it to him, asked about it, asked about fights he’d been in…

- no
A couple of jurors are shaking their heads.
Jackson giving Colin a photo to study.
Do you recognize the photo!
-yes
Who’s in the photo?
Objection from Lally
Sidebar

9:33 AM · May 16, 2024

like the eggplant dresses
https://twitter.com/BienickWCVB
@BienickWCVB

Here is the picture they are talking about, from a previous court filing. The jury has not yet seen this picture.

1715867028413.png

9:41 AM · May 16, 2024
Remember: Courtney Proctor is the sister of lead MSP investigator, Tpr Michael Proctor.
Jackson shows Albert a photo. Albert says the picture was taken 10 years ago or less. Albert confirms he was ring-bearer at Courtney Proctor's wedding.

@SueNBCBoston

Jackson: you remember the time you left Fairview, but you don’t remember a lot of other things?Jackson: this case never comes up in the Albert household?-noJackson asking about the screenshot, and if Lally showed it to him, asked about it, asked about fights he’d been in…

- no
A couple of jurors are shaking their heads.
Jackson giving Colin a photo to study.
Do you recognize the photo!
-yes
Who’s in the photo?
Objection from Lally
Sidebar

9:33 AM · May 16, 2024

While yesterday Allie McCabe came across as generally truthful, Colin seems like he's determined to just answer "I don't remember" to everything. It makes him look deceitful. He can't even recall how long ago he spoke to Allie, one of his best friends?

He's making it very easy to believe he'd be willing to lie about the events of that night at the Albert residence.

While yesterday Allie McCabe came across as generally truthful, Colin seems like he's determined to just answer "I don't remember" to everything. It makes him look deceitful. He can't even recall how long ago he spoke to Allie, one of his best friends?

He's making it very easy to believe he'd be willing to lie about the events of that night at the Albert residence.
I dont remember is better than to guess - he may not actually remember. The young man went from high school to currently attending college. That's a lot of preparation/planning.

Most, not all young adults are still thinking about themselves and how the world revolves around their needs. Not saying all but some perhaps. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173