MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
KR has multiple sclerosis as well as some other serious health issues.
Thank you, @ch_13 for someone finally reminding us of this. Each time anyone posts a comment on her facial expressions, the way she holds her mouth, her writing notes, flipping her hair, it brings to mind that she has MS. I have a close personal friend who has MS, and have done some research on the disease. It manifests in different ways for different people, at different times, but what is very consistent is that STRESS greatly affects symptoms. I haven't taken a stance on KR's guilt or innocence (except in my own mind), I'm trying to watch the trial, be open, and IMO, there is absolutely ZERO comparison to Troconis. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, tho, so IMO, JMO.

@TedDanielnews

DY shows group text. Brian Albert texts: "hope that they don’t think she’s making it up after the fact” referring to Kerry Roberts interview with Trooper Proctor

11:55 AM · May 17, 2024

DY wants to enter a specific text. Judge Cannone says no. He asks to be heard at sidebar. Judge sends jury out of the room.

11:58 AM · May 17, 2024

@BienickWCVB

Yannetti is reading some of the texts. From McCabe: "Weird that she's been barely interviewed...." Brian Albert: "hope they don't think she's make it up after the fact..." McCabe says the "she" is Kerry Roberts.

Judge: "Jurors, I apologize that this is taking so long." Yannetti, McCabe and the judge are looking at pages of text bubbles. Seems all very confusing.

Judge denies one bubble into evidence. Yannetti asks for a sidebar. Judge, visibly frustrated, initially says "no" then agrees, then temporarily dismisses the jury.

12:00 PM · May 17, 2024

Last edited:
Well then !
So far these group chat texts between Brian A and Nicole A, and jen and Mat McCabe are clearly discussing very early ( Feb 1, 2022) investigation issues. Nothing wrong with that, I suppose. Except the knowledge of when and who Proctor is interviewing...and what they said.

ETA: Correct date

Last edited:
@TedDanielnews

DY shows group text. Brian Albert texts: "hope that they don’t think she’s making it up after the fact” referring to Kerry Roberts interview with Trooper Proctor

11:55 AM · May 17, 2024

DY wants to enter a specific text. Judge Cannone says no. He asks to be heard at sidebar. Judge sends jury out of the room.

11:58 AM · May 17, 2024

This has to be the most painful examination and cross-examination of any witness during this trial, and that's saying something.

I did notice that Matt McCabe's demeanor has completely changed. At the beginning of cross, he was glib and maybe even a little smug. Now he seems very serious and not interested in sparring with Yannetti the way he was earlier. Is he surprised that the defense has his group chat texts? He must have known they would have gotten them from his wife's phone.

Note that I'm not saying McCabe is part of any cover-up. Despite the texts, I don't really believe he is.

This has to be the most painful examination and cross-examination of any witness during this trial, and that's saying something.

I did notice that Matt McCabe's demeanor has completely changed. At the beginning of cross, he was glib and maybe even a little smug. Now he seems very serious and not interested in sparring with Yannetti the way he was earlier. Is he surprised that the defense has his group chat texts? He must have known they would have gotten them from his wife's phone.

Note that I'm not saying McCabe is part of any cover-up. Despite the texts, I don't really believe he is.

ditto

@JHall7news

A much anticipated witness, Jennifer McCabe is being called to the witness stand. She is witness #39 in the #karenreadtrial She got a frantic call from Karen Read saying John was missing and later discovered him in the snow along with Karen and Kerry Roberts and called 911.

Jennifer McCabe is talking about what happened Friday Jan 28, 2022 first. She attended a HS basketball game, then they dropped daughter off, and went to the Waterfall. Arrived 9 pm with husband Matt.

1715962800809.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member