MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
@BienickWCVB

McCabe says Read told her she didn't remember going to the house. "And then she said, 'Did I hit him?'" Says she also told her she had a cracked taillight.

During this testimony, O'Keefe's mother is hanging her head in the courtroom and wiping her face with a tissue.

2:39 PM · May 17, 2024

McCabe says she got up and heard more screaming. It was Read running up the walkway, she says.

McCabe says Read yelled, "Did I hit him? Could I have hit him?" She was yelling that we had to go to Fairview.

McCabe says Kerry Roberts pulled up and asked Read what she was doing. McCabe says she told Read she was going to drive her car because she was hysterical. Says Roberts was telling her on phone to shut and saying they should go back to O'Keefe's.

McCabe says she drove Read in Read's SUV to O'Keefe's home with Roberts following behind. When they got out, she says Read said, "Look, see? I have a cracked taillight."

Jen McCabe: I saw there were missing pieces of the taillight but there was also snow.

2:49 PM · May 17, 2024
Ah!!
So Jen McCabe decided that KR shouldn't drive anymore.

And suddenly Kerry Roberts appears and says, let's not go to Fairview, let's go back to JO's house because maybe he was there the whole time and you didn't see him?

@BienickWCVB

"There was enough that he was just covered in snow," McCabe says. McCabe called 911.

I was trying to be calm and get help as soon as possible. Says she told Roberts and Read to start CPR. As they did, blood came out of O'Keefe's mouth. McCabe says she took over from Roberts doing chest compressions.

3:29 PM · May 17, 2024

So what I'm getting from this testimony is KR was "crazy" " incoherent" and not making any sense for a considerable amount of time. But all of a sudden KR has a moment of clarity and then confesses to a murder and then goes back to acting crazy. Got it. I think that pretty much puts the so called confession to rest. KR didn't confess.

@BienickWCVB

McCabe says Read asked them to pray, looked at the blood on her hands and asked if she'd gotten her period.

McCabe says Read asked her to Google how long it takes someone to die from hypothermia. Says she didn't get the response.

During this testimony, defense attorney Alan Jackson is smiling and looking at Read.

3:38 PM · May 17, 2024

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members