MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
KR 'started it' I bet she also gave JO a hard time about his friendship with JMC and others.

I'm not so sure that's true. At least we haven't heard anything about that. It seems she got upset about Etta because she thought John was kissing her. But we haven't heard of her being jealous of Kerry or Jen. In fact they were the first people that Karen called when John didn't come home.

I think a lot of women are okay if their boyfriends have female friends, but making out with another woman would be a red line.

IMO if she did it was with good cause. They appear to me as a pac

I'm not so sure that's true. At least we haven't heard anything about that. It seems she got upset about Etta because she thought John was kissing her. But we haven't heard of her being jealous of Kerry or Jen. In fact they were the first people that Karen called when John didn't come home.

I think a lot of women are okay if their boyfriends have female friends, but making out with another woman would be a red line.
Yes it would! If KR did question JO about any suspicions in the beginning, he'd keep it quiet to them and assure K, nooo. She did think he may of gone to a long ago gf, when could not find him and did not come home, 'the dance instructor', niece's friends mother, and JMc and Roberts assured her no. I want Higgins up there and the rest of them again anyway!

Even if the commonwealth wanted to elicit this testimony in order to establish that Karen got jealous in Aruba, why did we need both sisters to testify? Couldn't just one have sufficed? And why so many questions about irrelevant topics just to set-up the argument? I mean, we got the whole history of this annual gathering in the Caribbean.

It's such a waste of time.
Not a fan (pun intended) of Lally. Not sure if this is his usual style of presenting a case in the courtroom. Apparently the case is weak and lacking evidence, nothing solid, thus far. I've stated it before, case should have never gone to trial.

Expect more: Need to see more passion about advocating -- seeking justice, which is the function of a prosecutor. This was a Boston Police Officer (16 year veteran of the police force) who put his life on the line, not only every day, but 24/7 (you tick someone off, they follow you home?) moo

Curious why he didn't challenge the Cellebrite report. There are some interesting narrative about this company and I believe there is a case that may be going back to trial due to the previous results. moo

re: the CW: Of course this is coming from someone that is not an officer of the court. Going to stay positive and hope that he is saving that "bombshell" closer to the end of trial. That piece of evidence that will prove the case. If not, so be it.

Innocent until proven in a court of law. There's been no evidence. She walks, as she should. imo.

all moo - speculation

I'm questioning the motives of these women that seem to be overly concerned about JO's romantic life and to offer advice like life being short(meaning his relationship wasn't what it should be) and labeling KR as a babysitter with benefits. jmo
I get that gestalt too. Like he was owned by them almost. And they needed to run women off. Very toxic group IMO.

Curious why he didn't challenge the Cellebrite report. There are some interesting narrative about this company and I believe there is a case that may be going back to trial due to the previous results. moo
The prosecution actually has someone from Cellebrite coming in to testify. Should be interesting.

Wasn't aiming comments at you at all @arielilane, just thinking aloud. I'm watching on Court TV. Really appreciate your coverage especially given how irrelevant and dull the last hour was
No worries. I posted the *comment* because I felt silly posting all the gossip, but since it was part of the trial, I posted anyway :)

this was my * comment*
reporting because it is part of the KR trial

So, it looks like we have the commonwealth's theory on intent now.
  1. Based on what happened during the Aruba trip, Karen has a hair-trigger temper, especially when she suspects John is cheating.
  2. On the night in question, Jen McCabe mentioned 'Bella's mom' when giving John directions.
  3. This may have set Karen off and upset her to the point where she reversed into John.
We haven't yet heard from the kids so they may have additional info to add on point 1 and how much the couple argued in general. And of course Brian Higgins will be testifying to what, if any, relationship he had with Karen. But aside from them, we're pretty much at the end of the eyewitnesses. So, I don't think there's too much more to add.

In contrast to all that, the last time anyone saw the couple together they were acting "lovey-dovey". And of course we don't even know if Karen heard Jen mention the mother. For all we know John wasn't even on speaker.

And then we'll get the clashes over the speed and manner in which she allegedly hit him and what that says about her state of mind at the time.

I get that gestalt too. Like he was owned by them almost. And they needed to run women off. Very toxic group IMO.

Agreed. If I brought my girlfriend on a trip with a bunch of women she has never met, we were all out drinking, and she came around a corner to see one of these girls she didn't know close to me and walking me down a hallway towards my room, she would probably have a similar reaction. That story didn't really move me the way they wanted. JMO YMMV

Kerry and the aruba girls have so much snark dripping off of them. Were they that possessive of their "Johnny" that they did not like him going outside the inner circle to date?
Carrie, who knew the O'K family since their Braintre days - says that KR was only a babysitter with benefits ?
I'm really not sure how to take that comment. Was the implication that her husband told her that JO'k told him that when they were out drinking? ( anybody remember? from testimoney) And why was JenJen so horrified by that statement when she heard Carrie tellling LE EVERYTHING. Does it mean that KR was being "used" by JO'K and that he did not really care about her? Confusing to me. I think Carrie meant to diminish KR but that does not diminish KR it diminishes the user if true.
It does not speak to KR's character or innocence at all. It relects poorly on Carrie. Trying to discredit a relationship beteen KR and JOK - that she really knew nothing about.
Are these women as clueless as they are possessive - so small minded - the characters on Lifetime have more substance and integrity than these people for crying out loud
This trial is not making Massachusetts proud
It feels like a big black eye for the Commonwealth.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member