MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t been able to watch yet, currently just reading this thread to catch up a bit, but it sounds to me that the defense just didn’t have anything to ask. From the tweets and comments here, it sounds like she was forthcoming and credible.

it doesn’t seem like she tried to blame Karen or clear Karen. I’m guessing her testimony must be pretty consistent in all reports, the Grand Jury, and to the Feds, and her phone records didn’t show anything inconsistent with her testimony, so the defense is letting her testimony stand as is.

I’m not a lawyer of course, but this seems like a smart move on their part. It sure does make it clear that their focus is on the people at 34 Fairview that night and not just everyone the prosecution calls.

I agree with everything written here; I also think that her emotion about John's death was credible and probably moving to the jury, so the defense would rather not elicit more of that with their questioning.

Maybe to show KR is a crazy jealous person and a motive. I know, senseless and put this woman through painful memory and now to have lost JO and mainly, her son lost JO/who was his Godfather, a connection to his bio father and close to him, a constant.
A crazy jealous person who picked up the tab for everyone’s dinner the first night, and then both apologized and offered to pay for the sister’s room after she realized she’d been mistaken about the situation.

Using the "f" word, if its a true story, is really strange, imo.
DIfferent perspectives.
I hear that word used absolutely everywhere here in metro Boston. A lot in business, socially, young, old. It's pretty common in my average every day mainstream world.
Now what Jen Jen said to that young girl about putting something in her mouth... that stuff I don't hear anywhere.
What Proctor called KR while looking thru her phone for nudes ..that stuff I don't hear.
-
JUST IMO

Using the "f" word, if its a true story, is really strange, imo.
Is it? I grew up in rural California (Oakdale) and joined the Air Force at 18. I was pretty shocked at how foul mouthed the guys from the NE United States were. Boston, New Jersey and New York. I never heard people talking like they did when I was back home.

A crazy jealous person who picked up the tab for everyone’s dinner the first night, and then both apologized and offered to pay for the sister’s room after she realized she’d been mistaken about the situation.
No, thanks, just keep your distance (after THAT display) Throwing BIG money at something does not erase, maybe for feeling very guilty it might the person who went ballistic at the JO /Sullivan etc friend and family trip in public. How some people roll if they can afford to and the two sisters and John were extremely close, remember the story. K certainly wanted and needed to be thought of in a good light by them, but too late.
Not that it has anything to do with JO death, but she herself thought she may of hit him/fighting, Went to look where her suv was last stopped and there he was and so on. I'm not leaning toward her causing this though. When his niece's testimony become part of the trial it should be more public as she said, JO wanted K to move out, and she refused, tho she did have her own home. More will be revealed, sooo much asap we hope. I don't mean about K

Last edited:
I have some misgivings about KR right now, too, but am still on the fence. I need to hear all the evidence and especially the experts. Her behavior that morning after she woke up really bothers me, I do not get the sudden freak out because she woke up on the couch and he wasn't there.

DIfferent perspectives.
I hear that word used absolutely everywhere here in metro Boston. A lot in business, socially, young, old. It's pretty common in my average every day mainstream world.
Now what Jen Jen said to that young girl about putting something in her mouth... that stuff I don't hear anywhere.
What Proctor called KR while looking thru her phone for nudes ..that stuff I don't hear.
-
JUST IMO
Depends on how large your exposure is to the big world and everyone of all kinds and kinds of situations and eyes and ears always going. What prim appearing Jen said to a young girl? No matter where you are or any big world exposure, that's just WHO SHE is, to have said that, to even think of it. Mother of the year and all. Must say I don't 'clutch the pearls' at anything, 'it is what it is', doesn't mean I'd of even thought to say either to anyone.

No, thanks, just keep your distance (after THAT display) Throwing BIG money at something does not erase, maybe for feeling very guilty it might the person who went ballistic at the JO /Sullivan etc friend and family trip in public. How some people roll if they can afford to and the two sisters and John were extremely close, remember the story. K certainly wanted and needed to be thought of in a good light by them, but too late.
Not that it has anything to do with JO death, but she herself thought she may of hit him/fighting, Went to look where her suv was last stopped and there he was and so on. I'm not leaning toward her causing this though. When his niece's testimony become part of the trial it should be more public as she said, JO wanted K to move out, and she refused, tho she did have her own home. More will be revealed, sooo much asap we hope. I don't mean about K
Didn't look like he wanted her to move out that last nite at the bah. People fight and say things in anger and then make up. But JO seemed to change girlfriends pretty often, so who knows and he was still unmarried.JMO

Didn't look like he wanted her to move out that last nite at the bah. People fight and say things in anger and then make up. But JO seemed to change girlfriends pretty often, so who knows and he was still unmarried.JMO
Some habits are bad for you and you know how some people keep relationships around due to other connective things. She was MORE than glad to stay with him it seems, she did help with the household of the kids and he might of been able to detach in a way ..for now. Once the teen niece's info comes out, birds eye view of it and him, easier to see. She also had illnesses he might of felt obligated as well. He sounds like a carer of injured 'birds'. Stepped right up the night his suicide friends gf called him. You heard that today how he did and got people to find him and never wavered from her and her son's side

Some habits are bad for you and you know how some people keep relationships around due to other connective things. She was MORE than glad to stay with him it seems, she did help with the household of the kids and he might of been able to detach in a way ..for now. Once the teen niece's info comes out, birds eye view of it and him, easier to see. She also had illnesses he might of felt obligated as well. He sounds like a carer of injured 'birds'. Stepped right up the night his suicide friends gf called him. You heard that today how he did and got people to find him and never wavered from her and her son's side
None of their relationship dynamics play into the fact that the McAlberts et al have lied, destroyed phones, changed testimony, etc. about the night JO died. I really don't think Aruba a month before factors into this much, that is just the CW trying to refocus your attention to insignificant matters. JO DIED, that is what matters.

I have some misgivings about KR right now, too, but am still on the fence. I need to hear all the evidence and especially the experts. Her behavior that morning after she woke up really bothers me, I do not get the sudden freak out because she woke up on the couch and he wasn't there.
Jen McCabe's behavior bothers me much more. I do not get deleting a bunch of calls, I mean uh, butt dials, around the time John O'keefe is left for dead.

None of their relationship dynamics play into the fact that the McAlberts et al have lied, destroyed phones, changed testimony, etc. about the night JO died. I really don't think Aruba a month before factors into this much, that is just the CW trying to refocus your attention to insignificant matters. JO DIED, that is what matters.
It's obnoxious yes. Pro just trying to show K possibly capable of ramming into KO in anger, due to her personality type. It's so tiresome as we know/got the gyst. Beyond time to get the real things going. Moreso. HIGGINS will be very telling by his 'answers/non answers' He's a pro BUT. HE knows what happened I swear and let's hope he has a conscience after all. He did have 'hopes' with KR due to her own flirtation with him, which I'd say was a 'non starter'. I've seen him. HE must be weighing his own future and hopefully come clean before he digs himself in further. These people all have a LOT to not want uncovered and sure not just being participants in JO's death.

Even the two women who testified didn’t say Karen “went ballistic”.

I’m comfortable taking their testimony as an accurate portrayal of events.

Witness after witness has testified that they liked Karen and got along with her, that she was good to the kids and that John’s “complaint” about her was that he didn’t want her spoiling the kids by taking them to Dunkin before school on a regular basis.

Crazy, jealous, ballistic…if these were accurate descriptors of Karen, why aren’t people testifying to it?

Even the two women who testified didn’t say Karen “went ballistic”.

I’m comfortable taking their testimony as an accurate portrayal of events.

Witness after witness has testified that they liked Karen and got along with her, that she was good to the kids and that John’s “complaint” about her was that he didn’t want her spoiling the kids by taking them to Dunkin before school on a regular basis.

Crazy, jealous, ballistic…if these were accurate descriptors of Karen, why aren’t people testifying to it?
Ballistic was my own description of her described behavior. People have many faces that suit a situation. WE def were not a party to their personal relationship but JO's niece was and nephew who are to privately testify thankfully, not be part of a public circus.
Maybe just a MA word, but the description fits 'went ballistic'. Many others might of had their own thoughts of K but not up for being called to testify in his trial, just the key players are. You may have experience in being told about someone you thought was super nice, fun, etc, till you see something yourself or overhear them and you think, wow, guess not so nice. Been told by an abused or controlled relative, or so, 'the truth' after the final breakup. SOOO many shocked people when the nicest guy or woman was the opposite to what was shown, being led away in cuffs.

Last edited:
Really enjoying the Karen Read trial.

Trying my best to follow along the route of the pro karen conspiracy line and really looking hard at the friends.

BUT...... it is just so many loops and circle work to get there.

There is a direct smooth line connection to KR running John over and the domino effect from there.

Something I think is really important to remember, most people don't expose their dirty laundry out in public and amongst friends.

Issues usually simmer away through the night until the couple are on their own.
Add alcohol + privacy = anything is possible.

Just because YOU haven't seen me loose my temper ...doesn't mean I don't have one.

Appearances are everything to some folk.

This is similar to where I’m at. Not the hysterical behavior because I’m not sure why that’s questioned but for me I question how does one immediately go to him being dead in the snow and hit by a plow (vehicle) and for that to be actually the circumstances.

However, I stay on the fence because I’ve always said I’d wait on forensics and experts. It’s especially compelling that it’s confirmed the Fed investigation concluded he was not hit by a vehicle, which I’ve questioned anyway given the injuries and lack thereof to the lower body. And the “ furrows.” Also, aside from that, I just can’t reconcile all the lying! It’s obvious lying. Why? Why would you need to see your testimony before answering a question if you’re simply telling the truth?

Long way to go, so fence I sit for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member