MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting to see some attempts to connect KR's behavior in Aruba with the death of JOK while dismissing or ignoring Jennifer McCabe's actions the night/morning in question.

I asked before but I will ask again. Who deletes a 911 call?

Oh, wait I know the answer. Jennifer McCabe
I know I've been a KR in my younger years, insecurity is one hell of a thing, especially when you're dating the ultimate bachelor. I know fine well I've told another woman to eff off and much worse. Though that specific and the woman are living and well not together afaik.

ive forgotten how these folks were all friends with JOK (I hate writing that, reads as JOKE in my head) in the first place

did all these women sleep with him?

I know I've been a KR in my younger years, insecurity is one hell of a thing, especially when you're dating the ultimate bachelor. I know fine well I've told another woman to eff off and much worse. Though that specific and the woman are living and well not together afaik.

ive forgotten how these folks were all friends with JOK (I hate writing that, reads as JOKE in my head) in the first place

did all these women sleep with him?
If they didn't, they might have wanted to. JMO

I think it's well established the defense leaked the autopsy photos. It's not illegal.

Keep in mind that the state police told media outlets right after this happened that the case was slam dunk because they had Ring video of Karen hitting John. Turns out this "leak" was actually a bold faced lie. So I'm fine with the defense trying to un-poison the well with some very real autopsy photos.

Finally, not all defendants are guilty. And some really are the victims of set ups. Maybe you aren't from these parts, but there has been a long history some really, really bad cop behavior.
Regarding leaked autopsy photos: imo, it is unethical.

Anyone who is saying "it's a slam dunk" is story telling. In addition, LE don't have to be truthful. moo

Isn't there a video of KR hitting JOK's vehicle? Perhaps the rumor got misconstrued? moo

There are bad cops, bad teachers, bad everything, everywhere. It is not what you do, but, who you are.
Your character - morals. moo

Not saying KR is guilty - - Don't know -- wasn't there.

:)

Lally wanted this continued. Judge said no. He apparently needs the job, so he's prosecuting a case he's probably sure he's going to lose. At least that seems to me to be the reason for the droning, the sighs, the chaotic witness presentment that he alone has control of.
Yep, he could have done better. However, as I send yesterday, I am not an officer of the court. moo

Regarding leaked autopsy photos: imo, it is unethical.

Anyone who is saying "it's a slam dunk" is story telling. In addition, LE don't have to be truthful. moo

Isn't there a video of KR hitting JOK's vehicle? Perhaps the rumor got misconstrued? moo

There are bad cops, bad teachers, bad everything, everywhere. It is not what you do, but, who you are.
Your character - morals. moo

Not saying KR is guilty - - Don't know -- wasn't there.
Not aware of any ethics rules against releasing autopsy reports, but if you know there is, I'll believe you. If you're concerned about John's privacy, unfortunately the dead have no rights to privacy.

"Slam dunk" are my words. The state police told the media they had video of Karen hitting John. That's not a story. It was in the Boston Globe. I remember it well, and it's why I originally thought this was a slam dunk case against her. Thanks to those autopsy photos, I know better now.

And no, there is no video of Karen hitting John. It was a falsehood. If the CW had such video it would have been the first thing they played at trial. Assuming there would even be a trial vs. Read taking a plea.

None of us were there, but that shouldn't stop anyone from coming to their own conclusions about what is going on here.

Last edited:
Ah, interesting question. I can't comment further, but you have hit on something that might be relevant to the activity in the house.
Now, that is interesting comment. No spilling the beans? Do you have to live in town to know this info? moo

A proffer agreement is a written contract between a federal prosecutor and a defendant or someone under a criminal investigation.
OK, so if a "proffer agreement is a written contract between a federal prosecutor and a defendant or someone under a criminal investigation", then it must be true that only a defendant or someone under a criminal investigation can offer a proffer, correct?

And if BH offered a proffer, he has to be a defendant or someone under a criminal investigation, correct?

Or is that too easy?

Could he have offered a proffer about some other investigation, and not this KR case? Or was it reported that his proffer definitely was in this case?

OK, so if a "proffer agreement is a written contract between a federal prosecutor and a defendant or someone under a criminal investigation", then it must be true that only a defendant or someone under a criminal investigation can offer a proffer, correct?

And if BH offered a proffer, he has to be a defendant or someone under a criminal investigation, correct?

Or is that too easy?

Could he have offered a proffer about some other investigation, and not this KR case? Or was it reported that his proffer definitely was in this case?

Higgins offered to enter into a proffer, but we don't know if the FBI had any interest. They may have a written agreement, but I just don't know.

And yes, the proffer could have been related to something else, but considering we know the Fed investigation is related at least in part to the Read investigation, it's a fair guess it is. Yannetti connected it to the Read case during one of the prelims.

I've heard conflicting info about whether Higgins is still employed in his prior capacity.

Higgins offered to enter into a proffer, but we don't know if the FBI had any interest. They may have a written agreement, but I just don't know.

And yes, the proffer could have been related to something else, but considering we know the Fed investigation is related at least in part to the Read investigation, it's a fair guess it is. Yannetti connected it to the Read case during one of the prelims.

I've heard conflicting info about whether Higgins is still employed in his prior capacity.

Pretrial Hearing April 12, 2024​

This is a 9+ min video of this hearing

I had forgotten much of what was presented at that hearing but it includes a wealth of information.
In relation to BH it is stated by the defense that he sent a text to JO inviting him to the albert house.
Since BH so thoroughly destroyed his phone I'm suspecting this information came from the FBI investigation along with other information discussed.

Oh I knowwwwwww it's going to be something.. He has TONS to lose and it all probably flashed before him when he went to the OFFICE at that time and said to do work. (with his big ol' butt) I do need him to be on at 11: 20 at the earliest. ALL I ask of the universe or a full vid of it.

Will be interesting to see tomorrow, however I am not really expecting bombshells from BH. I just do not see how a flirtation between BH and KR led to JO's murder, assuming JO even knew about it, which I do not believe we have heard thus far.

Since the last time I’ve been on this thread the list of KR’s diseases has multiplied. On top of MS, now it’s being said she has colitis and possibly a brain tumor. Wow. All these diseases and being framed for murder by the police, the judge and the entire city of Canton…..she has to be the unluckiest woman alive! I’ll ask the same question I asked previously, is there any proof of her illnesses or is this just what the defense/KR/KR supporters have said?

JMO

bbm

i don't think it's shocking that a chronically ill person is chronically ill. just moo, as a chronically ill person. you wouldn't believe how much illnesses can ruin your life or exacerbate situations. she is a woman in her 40's. so yeah, not following your thread here, Weki

Blood collection in red solo cups contained in Stop & Shop bags. Cops moving snow with leaf-blower. Toss in vicious dog Chloe and amazing Turtle Boy, plus Boston cops sloshed in Aruba. Add The Real Wives of Canton...All perfect ingredients to the absurdity of the Commonwealth's trial. Wonder how much it is costing the taxpayers.

In court Wednesday, her attorney argued for lower bail of $5,000, saying Read has multiple medical issues, including a brain tumor, multiple sclerosis and colitis. The judge however said Read "has plenty of reason to flee" and ordered her held on $50,000 bail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74