MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Injuries from an altercation? Why the heck would he go to the hospital unless it was very serious?

Guy I work who is Higgins' age and body type landed in the hospital last weekend because he thought he was having a heart attack. Turned out to be an anxiety attack. I can see something like this, but just 5 pages?

Weird.
Why the heck...?
Maybe a dog bite?
Perhaps ... maybe CA sucker punched JOk
JOK went back at him and HIggins tried to break it up - Chloe gets involved
Hard to say but I do think Chloe def played a starring role
JMO

Why the heck...?
Maybe a dog bite?
Perhaps ... maybe CA sucker punched JOk
JOK went back at him and HIggins tried to break it up - Chloe gets involved
Hard to say but I do think Chloe def played a starring role
JMO
DEF.

Reactions: Dre
RSBM:

How does she feel? Haunted would be my guess.
( She kinda looks a little haunted)
MOO
I don't think she has any guilt or is haunted at all by JOK 's passing. Ice cold and ever so calculating.
The emotion I see is a defiant fear. Shes scared s - less the whole thing is going to fall apart on her and she is going to get exposed for the fraud she is and get taken down by whatever was going on.
The fight in her is not for justice for JOK, she is fighting to save her own butt.
JMO

No, unfortunately, the Feds aren't investigating John's death. They are only investigating the investigation and the investigators.

I hate to say this, but I don't see anyone else being charged. There was no investigation done, and unless someone truly does flip with full immunity, I can't see this going further.

If nothing comes around for the alberts and mccabes then it's up to the populace to demand a proper investigation be done, I guess. MO

If nothing comes around for the alberts and mccabes then it's up to the populace to demand a proper investigation be done, I guess. MO

I don't disagree, but when an investigation isn't done at the outset there isn't really any way to put the genie back in the bottle 2.5 years later. We can only hope someone who was there has a conscience and doesn't relish the idea of living 30 - 60 more years with something like this on it.

Thus far, the most damning evidence to the CW, is the Cellebrite report. When is the Cellebrite representative/expert taking the stand? Still not seeing a representative from Cellebrite on the list of witnesses.

The CW sure has a weak case, imo.
Ian Whiffin is the expert from Cellebrite. He's named on the list of commonwealth witnesses.

Supposedly, his testimony will be that the report from his company is incorrect, which is sort of an interesting tack for a for-profit company to take.

Could the lacerations have been caused by him putting his hand up against the car/headlight to try and stop the impact?

JO was wearing a sweatshirt/hoodie that evening. Usually those have a pretty tight weave. I'm hard pressed to imagine how multiple pieces of hard plastic could penetrate the cloth and gouge out his arm. Anything's possible I suppose, but there would have to be a lot of force behind all of those pieces.

It'll be interesting to see what the sleeve of JO's garment looks like when his clothing is finally entered into evidence.

Setting aside all the drama that this poor jury has to deal with, the fact that the sloppy, one-sided and questionable investigation led by a highly conflicted Troopah has been shown in court. Trooper Proctor, or Proctor Trooper :), was working on THE MOTIVE ( Sullivan sistahs) on Feb 8th, 2022 !! What on earth? The guy had not even KNOWN who all was at the home of the party at Fairview by then, because he was so conflicted and led by the nose to look the other way.

That is what I see. Hopefully the jury does. And I believe that is what the citizens of Canton see as well. Whether they march with TB or not, there is surely something brewing in Canton MA. IMO, the defense has successfully shown conflict and coercion and selective targeting/charging. If I was a citizen there, I would be very alarmed.

Justice for John O'Keefe ! No matter how we get there.

This is the irony that gets me. The “McAlberts” as they’ve been coined dislike KR and state they’re seeking justice for the friend “they loved.” There’s a very good possibility there isn’t a conspiracy of murder and that KR did indeed hit him. However, the fact that this group, the McAlberts, were more concerned about themselves and their reputations and any repercussions for other possible related transgressions that they used every connection in their toolbox to limit, detract from, obstruct, and ultimately misdirect the investigation into JOK death. Because of that, doubt was created and it’s very likely KR will not be found responsible. The McAlberts can hate KR and they can hate Turtleboy and his legion, but at the end of the day it’s their own actions relating to the investigation (or lack thereof) that ultimately will prevent any justice for John O”Keene and his family.

Fencesitter here, went into the trial pretty much blind. Waiting to hear all evidence to form an opinion. Patiently waiting for physical evidence (I will gladly sit through the crinkling of the paper bags!). I am so curious to see what JOK clothing looks like. And forensic evidence testimony including dr. who did autopsy. Maybe next week...seems like this trial is taking forever as they take too much time off imo. I hope it is over by the time the Alex Baldwin trial starts in July.

Borderline personality disorder too.

Who has it?

Hey, if we stay away from diagnosing the defendants (and we do! Doesn't mean we don't notice...), why on earth should we diagnose witnesses?

I have the whole list for the defendant but we are not supposed to, right?

Legally, even psychiatrists can't diagnose anyone without personally seeing the people.

How come some laypeople on a website can?

I am new to this case, so apologies if this has been brought up before.

Karen Read clearly thought she had hit JOK, as evidenced by her yelling in the car on the way to look for JOK.
Is it possible that she almost hit, or bumped him lightly while backing up, and he went inside and jokingly said "Karen nearly ran me over when she left" ?

This would give the party goers a scapegoat when they later beat up JOK.

The lateness of the discovery is what is especially puzzling to me.
Will be most interested to see what the judge rules and what is contained in it. And as you noted the timing. Have to wonder when the records were requested, when prepared, and when received? Were there earlier requests made for the same information by the prosecution one surmises? Add to that just five (5) pages? Is there something more complete not being provided or withheld? And does this get added to an appeal side of the ledger if KR is convicted? MOO IANAL

i don't know how reliable the source above is but if true probably one of the first solid motives I have heard. Are they going to be called to testify?

I’ve been watching gavel to gavel via a lawyer YouTube channel (EDB) and the insights are so valuable.

Last night I started watching the daily recaps via Legal Bytes and I cried.
Knowing what we do and re-watching the “confused” witnesses and seeing the blatant inconsistencies that I didn’t catch before felt harrowing.
I’m bummed the jury can’t replay all of trial to connect some dots placed before awareness, as it is a LOT.

I don’t believe there will be justice for John O’Keefe and I’m really sad about that.

I am new to this case, so apologies if this has been brought up before.

Karen Read clearly thought she had hit JOK, as evidenced by her yelling in the car on the way to look for JOK.
Is it possible that she almost hit, or bumped him lightly while backing up, and he went inside and jokingly said "Karen nearly ran me over when she left" ?

This would give the party goers a scapegoat when they later beat up JOK.
now that is a plausible theory...very plausible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loretti11