MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an observation: In contrast to Brian Albert who seemed very experienced testifying (introducing himself to the jury, etc) Brian Higgins doesn't seem to be at all confident. I would have thought in his job he would have testified in a lot of trials, but perhaps not.

Or maybe it's because he's nervous.
I think he's scared of Brian Albert's response if Higgins doesn't testify the "right" way.

The EMT witnesses were very clear on what they heard. It was not a question, they heard “I hit him.” Jennifer McCabe, I believe, testified that KR said several things including asking “Did I him him?” and “I hit him.” Questions and statements.

Why would KR say or ask that? If he got out of her car and walked into the house why would she even think along these lines? It makes no sense for her to say or ask that unless she hit him. It’s a confession.

Otherwise she would say ‘what is he doing here?’ ‘Who did this to him?’ Etc

JMO

It's been stated by several people that KR was running around like crazy making incoherent remarks and statements that " didn't make any sense". So in the middle of all of these statements she suddenly gets a moment of clarity and confesses to a murder before going back to being hysterical? Yeah, NO. I don't believe she did that.

The CW does not have the burden to prove motive as no one can truly know what was in her mind. But motive helps and usually prosecutors will argue what they think the motive was. In this case the motive is that John wanted to end the relationship, things were acrimonious, she was angry.

All they have to prove is that John died by her actions. They’ve already got a confession from her in evidence. Anytime you can use the defendant’s words against them it’s compelling.

JMO

Higgins is an out of control angry drunk, with a snow plow.
" Did I throw his controllah?"
Does Canton have AA there? Asking for a friend

Why would he even think he broke a child's toy? Is he that angry and out-of-control when he's drinking? Maybe he was throwing a tantrum cause he lost the video game.

the amount of drinking these guys do really boggles my mind. More drinks at 2am before going to bed?
In my own experience, the police officers I know drink like fish.
They see the worst of the worst, every day. Personally I think they all have secondary trauma, it's unavoidable IMO.
Insomnia is very common.

Get a bunch of traumatized people together who depend on alcohol to regulate their emotions, things can get wild. Almost like you have to party hard, and then harder to forget the trauma you accumulate.

There's a podcast called Small Town Dicks where law enforcement officers tell their personal stories of working traumatic cases. It's real, it's honest, and their painful emotions can be heard clearly. LE needs more funding for therapy, and the stigma needs to go away.

All IMHO.

So… are the fireworks supposed to happen during cross? Just following on here, can’t watch at the moment.

The 'VOLUNTEERING' of information ( screen shots that can't be verified) miraculously comes up the very morning of JOK's death? But his actual phone and sim card were destroyed? And he is an admitted to raging alcoholic who was present there that night ( with a snow plow).

Sus as evah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members