MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen a lot of cases where the defendant claims that their electronic devices are somehow wrong: GPS, texts, emails, phone calls, browser searches, etc.

I don't think I've ever seen one where it was the prosecution that was claiming the electronic devices are wrong. And not just once, but several different commonwealth witnesses claim to have malfunctioning phones.

Glad AJ was able to show BH destroyed his phone before he was cut off. That should really give the jury something to think about. It scares me to know people like BH are responsible for(from atf website in part)investigation and prevention of federal offenses involving the unlawful use, manufacture, and possession of firearms and explosives; acts of arson and bombings; and illegal trafficking of alcohol and tobacco products. The ATF also regulates, via licensing, the sale, possession, and transportation of firearms, ammunition, and explosives in interstate commerce.

It’s ridiculous. This is my first time listening to the trial live and I’m actually taken aback by how disdainfully the judge reacts towards the defense. I’ve read the comments here discussing it but I didn’t realize quite how bad it really was. The witness even looked to the judge before he answered a defense question, as he knew the judge would stop him from answering before even Lally objected!

She's awful. The more I watch, the more I'm convinced she's taking very specific marching orders from Norfolk County DA Michael Morrissey, who bizarrely inserted himself into this case by releasing a recorded statement vouching for the party goers. He has a lot to lose here.

Never been done before. Arrest Turtleboy? Sure. Tell the entire state the people in the house are 100% innocent? Not kosher.

She's awful. The more I watch, the more I'm convinced she's taking very specific marching orders from Norfolk County DA Michael Morrissey, who bizarrely inserted himself into this case by releasing a recorded statement vouching for the party goers. He has a lot to lose here.

Never been done before. Arrest Turtleboy? Sure. Tell the entire state the people in the house are 100% innocent? Not kosher.

The crooked runs deep out there...
MOO

Wow……… and I will need to be careful before I type much more here.

I do not live in MA and am not near. But from some of the things heard and seen published on this case and in procedural matters, testimony, and evidence given on the record, it sure also seems this case could have appeal and appellate issues all over it? Wish some legal scholars would also weigh in on this. But there will be time for that. And I don’t mean from the prosecution. MOO

It’s ridiculous. This is my first time listening to the trial live and I’m actually taken aback by how disdainfully the judge reacts towards the defense. I’ve read the comments here discussing it but I didn’t realize quite how bad it really was. The witness even looked to the judge before he answered a defense question, as he knew the judge would stop him from answering before even Lally objected!
I just caught the last of Higgins' cross. As you say re the judge... unbelievable, just completely not ok! He was permitted by the judge to do exactly what you say; ignore Jackson's questions and look directly to her prior to any objection. Sorry but that is a terrible look for the jury and witnesses and quite frankly has the appearance of judge not only colluding with the CW but also having some sort of special understanding with this witness. Am NOT saying this is the case in reality, just that it LOOKs that way and imo is completely unacceptable behaviour from the judge. Just yuck!!!!

KR should be acquitted if the jury is not corrupted jmo but if she is not, the grounds for appeal will be endless I would think. That was terrible, the judge presented as not giving due deference to the seriousness of the trial and her responsibilities to oversee it with integrity and decorum. What a shocker. moo

So Jackson wants to make the point that this LE witness illegally used federal resources for personal gain? He used the FBI computer to extract 2 text messages so he can hand them over to law enforcement. But this is use for personal gain, according to Jackson, and this witness is now a criminal???? Gimme a break. This is a clown show.

JMO
LE needs to abide by the same laws we do. Often professionals are held to a higher standard due to specialized knowledge.

I don’t expect much before they put on the defense case. They’re just dirtying up the states witnesses. In this case there’s just endless fodder for that.
Don’t forget that the prosecution still has to provide some actual evidence before they are done!

They still have around 40 witnesses on their list. Trooper Procter! Hospital staff, ME, crime lab, experts to discuss cell phone records and vehicle data, alcohol testing data.

Defense will have a chance to cross allllll of these witnesses before they even start their case!

What the heck was on his phone that he was so afraid would get out?
Higgins was really laying on a poor me look for one and all....'sure I totally ignored proper protocol but heck my intentions were innocent. Poor me getting picked on by the mean attorney, see I'm about to cry'. This is a distraction tactic imo even if he isn't really aware of it. Maybe habitual. Jmo

Turtleboy?

LOL

He's not from the area. But the Alberts and the McCabes have been spotted several times drinking in a divey Chinese restaurant in Stoughton that generally only hosts late night drunken college students. I'll be driving by in an hour or so. May pop my head in. Must be hard finding places they feel safe enough to show their drunk faces that's also close enough to home to risk driving drunk.

He's not from the area. But the Alberts and the McCabes have been spotted several times drinking in a divey Chinese restaurant in Stoughton that generally only hosts late night drunken college students. I'll be driving by in an hour or so. May pop my head in. Must be hard finding places they feel safe enough to show their drunk faces that's also close enough to home to risk driving drunk.
Be sure and wear hearing aides

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member