MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
snipped
“You’ve destroyed that phone, haven’t you?” Jackson asked.
“No, I threw the phone away,” Higgins said.
“Well, that’s destroying the phone, isn’t it?” Jackson countered.

Higgins confirmed that he received a notice on Sept. 30, 2022, preventing him from altering or destroying anything on his cellphone. Jackson noted that Higgins previously testified at another hearing that he changed phone carriers and phone numbers on the 29th, one day prior to receiving the protective order.

Karen Read trial: Defense grills Brian Higgins on the fate of his cellphone, SIM card

Believe it was his personal phone because I can't see him doing all that with a work phone.JMO
Ps….. thanks again wishbone!….. and I forgot to consider and mention…….

So if those dates and times from BH and his actions are accurate - and to be believed - WHO and HOW did he get a heads up on the supposed order? Was he tipped to know that evidence needed to be altered or destroyed - before being produced under an order or subpoena?

And why would he (and a few others apparently) not have been charged with tampering with evidence or obstruction of justice or hindering an investigation? MOO

So if those dates and times from BH and his actions are accurate - and to be believed - WHO and HOW did he get a heads up on the supposed order? Was he tipped to know that evidence needed to be altered or destroyed - before being produced under an order or subpoena?

And why would he (and a few others apparently) not have been charged with tampering with evidence or obstruction of justice or hindering an investigation? MOO
Heard or read somewhere - probably on Vinnie Politan's show - that Lally tipped them off about the order coming down. JMO since I can't offer proof. But I was wondering the same questions about why haven't they been charged?

I don't understand it all myself but he has been moved from his regular job for the time being. Something is still going on with the FBI investigation. Who knows what if anything more will come of any of this. And he must have been tipped off about the phone. It's a good ole boy network.JMO

I noticed a possible inconsistency in the defense's case, don't know if this has been discussed.

In his opening statement, Yannetti said the plow driver saw no body outside at 2:30 am, but when questioning McCabe, Jackson said, “Ms. McCabe, you made that search at 2:27 a.m. because you knew John O’Keefe was outside on your sister’s lawn dying in the cold, didn’t you?”

What's up with that?

snipped
“You’ve destroyed that phone, haven’t you?” Jackson asked.
“No, I threw the phone away,” Higgins said.
“Well, that’s destroying the phone, isn’t it?” Jackson countered.

Higgins confirmed that he received a notice on Sept. 30, 2022, preventing him from altering or destroying anything on his cellphone. Jackson noted that Higgins previously testified at another hearing that he changed phone carriers and phone numbers on the 29th, one day prior to receiving the protective order.

Karen Read trial: Defense grills Brian Higgins on the fate of his cellphone, SIM card

Believe it was his personal phone because I can't see him doing all that with a work phone.JMO
Wasn't that Brian Albert that got the new phone?

Anyone have any thoughts as to why Higgins told the Federal grand jury he caught a glimpse of a tall, dark haired man entering the house after he arrived? He had to admit to it yesterday and it clearly made him uncomfortable.

It wasn't Colin because Colin had arrived long before Higgins did.

Tristan Morris, Caitlyn Albert's boyfriend, didn't arrive until long after Higgins left to log on to work at the CPD. (As one does after driving four hours from NY and then drinking Jameson and gingers all night.)

Who else could it have been?

These people lie so much it's hard to believe anything they say. According to BH he didn't know what Colin looked like so even if he saw him he wouldn't know who he was......

Once the party moved to the Alberts’ house, Higgins said, he did not plan to stay long.
“I was probably the first person to leave,” he said.
Higgins continued, saying he does not know what Colin Albert looks like. Colin, who was a teenager at the time, is another person the defense is trying to implicate in O’Keefe’s death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynichick