MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The State has consistently suggested, from opening statement on, that yep, KR "snapped" when she heard Jen mention Bella's mom, a previous love interest of JO. Snapped as in her switch flipped to (wildly off-base & inappropriate) intense anger, jealousy, distrust & paranoia, just as she had gone off in Aruba.

And based on her texts with Higgins, she never let go of her anger & still believed JO had "cheated" on her there. (Despite dodging Higgins asking her twice if JO had "banged" the gal). Higgins was absolutely on target to suspect KR wasn't interested in him, but instead wanted to "weaponize" him against JO.

And BTW, KR didn't seem in the slightest like she was prepared to move on. JO apparently told her twice to git out & she refused both times.

(And to add my 2 cents, I don't believe JO ever went into the house, much less that most of the peeps in the house didn't hear a sound as JO was beaten to death for absolutely no reason at all, & that afterwards they & dozens of others the concocted a huge coverup. Minus KR colluding with TB, her pit bull defense attys, & the worst aspects of social media, imo few others would buy into that fairy tale either.

The simpler & more believable narrative is that KR was drunk, again, & in the time between leaving Waterfall & arriving at the house had gone into rage & resentment mode. I have little to no doubt she hit him on purpose & knew that she had, but not that she had killed him. The defense has done an excellent job of diverting attention away from the fact that from the get go at 5AM the next morning, KR's most consistent explanation for what happened to JO was that she might have/did hit JO with her SUV. Now *that* is curious, given both her story #1, that she was so drunk she didn't remember anything after being at the Waterfall, and her story #2, that she dropped him off at the Alberts' house & left.

So why do you think so many people involved people are lying about:

Data confirmed answered phone calls and alleged butt dials/butt answers(Nicole, Jen McCabe, Brian Albert, Brian Higgins)
Life360 data (Allie McCabe)
Google searches (Hos long to die...)
Destroying, deleting phones and sim cards when they knew a legal hold coming the next day (Higgins, Brian Albert)
The time Chris Albert left the Waterfall and the time Caitlyn Albert left the party

Why do you think no one heard an SUV hit a man so hard that it knocked him sideways onto the lawn 12 feet and killed him?
Along the same lines, how could the Read vehicle have no body damage after hitting a 220 pound man that hard?
Why do you think no one saw a body on the lawn at any time until the morning? Even considering all of these vehicles had headlights on and drove right past the location.
(The above includes a snow plow driver in a large DPW truck.)

Are you troubled at all by:

The fact that the Canton PD only entered the front of the house that morning and apparently didn't request to look around or, failing that, get a search warrant.

The fact that a friend of the Alberts took on the state police investigation and did only cursory interviews with only some of the people in the house and that those interviews weren't conducted at a state police location but instead at the McCabes' house where he conducted a group interview.

The fact that said State Trooper, Michael Proctor, is currently under internal investigation with the State and probably an FBI target.

The fact that the Canton Police with their leaf blower found ZERO taillight pieces early that morning when snow fall was limited but Michael Trooper eventually found 45 pieces of taillight over the course of the next days and weeks, and that these searches were not documented by him in any report.

The fact that the FBI even got involved with this case when they'd normally have no jurisdiction.

The prosecution has so far established zilch with regard to this being a pedestrian hit. And the defense hasn't even started yet. There is so much more to come.

And finally, what do you think caused those injuries to John's arm?

To clarify: I do not 'know' that he went to rehab. I feel it was suggested, by the questioning of Jackson. And, it makes sense to me, why the question allowed was so vague, and that others were not allowed to be asked. Such as, " Where exactly were you interviewed?" We know where BA, NA, Jen and Matt McCabe were interviewed exactly. But, due to HIPPA I imagine, we cannot " Know" that in B Higgins case

ETA: added the 'r' to clarify. :eek:
I know Sharon, connected nice town to Canton. I was dieing for him to say where in Sharon. There is a mental health center there, so.

This is a big read but has lots and lots of info from the defense. Well worth reading. The collusion is massive. Here's a sample....JMOO

COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS
SUPREME JUDICIAL COURT FOR SUFFOLK COUNTY
SUFFOLK, ss. NO. SJ-2023-______
NORFOLK SUPERIOR COURT
NO. 2282-CR-00117
KAREN READ,
Petitioner
v.
THE COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS,
Respondent

snipped
According to Detective Michael
Lank’s testimony before the Grand Jury, on February 4, 2022
(one full week after Mr. O’Keefe’s passing), Ken Berkowitz
(“Chief Berkowitz”), the Chief of the Canton Police
Department, purportedly drove by the Fairview Residence and
saw — from his moving vehicle — an additional piece of red
plastic that was consistent with the taillight of Ms.
Read’s vehicle. R.A. 149; R.A. 448.It is worth noting that
this was a scene that had been searched, re-searched, and
searched again by no fewer than three sets of police
officials. Id. Yet Chief Berkowitz claims that he glanced
from his moving car while driving, saw a shard of lens
material on the ground many yards away and — at speed —
recognized the shard’s evidentiary value, and stopped his
car to report the finding. R.A. 448;R.A. 511-512. One of
the officers under the Chief’s command, Kevin Albert, is 34
Fairview Road homeowner Brian Albert’s brother. R.A. 448.

Have you seen a pic of Berkowitz with his glasses? I am surely not alone in being highly sus of his expert visionary skills while driving..just saying. Plus, he hangs out with Higgins !!

MOO

I find this very believable, the good old Murdaugh way out of trouble! It totally makes sense to me. I found that line of questioning strange at the time, when he answered Sharon, I was wondering if that means something to locals which of course I am not. I expected a follow-up question "Where in Sharon" but none came.
He might of been ordered due to his job, no, never mind, BUT I wrote above there is a mental health center. Plenty of rehabs in next towns. For all I know it was a trusted friends home, but it is next to Canton.

He might of been ordered due to his job, no, never mind, BUT I wrote above there is a mental health center. Plenty of rehabs in next towns. For all I know it was a trusted friends home, but it is next to Canton.

Plenty of rehabs around, but while he's still on the Fed payroll he's been assigned to different position ("no longer in the field" I think it was) and is no longer based in Canton PD. So it's a fair guess that he too is under investigation, rehab or no rehab.

There is going to be a lot of fallout from this trial.

Police Chief Ken Berkowitz to receive his due at retirement event | Canton Citizen well, just google Berkowitz/Canton, MA.. super glowing and amazing bio on him. I'm sure there is a saying somewhere that even a shiny red apple can have a worm hiding. Well I mean the worm would come out to serve and protect who it feels needs it, no matter what. Yes, I see this is crazy, but a quick thought.

Didn't I read in past that the Chief of Police, lived across from Alberts, no info on his ring cam, maybe a retired one. I know the new Chief hit a walking person and there is an outcry about it/was as not held accountable or something.. dumb, I'm being vague and should of looked that up before writing. I had read on Boston local online news at the time and ugh I thought. She is new.

Snipping just a couple of bits.

The State has consistently suggested, from opening statement on, that yep, KR "snapped" when she heard Jen mention Bella's mom, a previous love interest of JO.
Is it really true that Lally mentions this in his opening? I have no recollection of him talking about "Bella's mom" as a motive, or even that Karen "snapped". I suppose I could have missed it in that long droning monotone of an opening. I considered going back and re-listening, but I'm sure he would just put me to sleep.

If you (or anyone else) could provide a pointer to the time Lally says those things in his opening statement I would be much obliged.

JO apparently told her twice to git out & she refused both times.
So far this hasn't been put into evidence. Supposedly the kids will testify to it. But it's important to understand exactly what they said, since context is vital. After all she wasn't "officially" living with John. She still maintained her own place and apparently stayed there much of the time. So was it truly a request for her to leave, or was it something yelled in the middle of a fight and then they made up five minutes later?

Didn't I read in past that the Chief of Police, lived across from Alberts, no info on his ring cam, maybe a retired one. I know the new Chief hit a walking person and there is an outcry about it/was as not held accountable or something.. dumb, I'm being vague and should of looked that up before writing. I had read on Boston local online news at the time and ugh I thought. She is new.
It was in her own hometown in April. Older man in reflective vest with a cane in a crosswalk. She rendered aid, he cut his head, obv he was traumatized, so fragile and doing the right thing extra with the reflective vest. She was chastised much later after it happened as she did not make it public to Canton whoevers. She came forward and addressed the situation after other 'brought it to light'. She was in her own town issued suv. Must mean Canton Police car.

Last edited:
Snipping just a couple of bits.

Is this really true that Lally mentions this in his opening? I have no recollection of him talking about "Bella's mom" as a motive, or even that Karen "snapped". I suppose I could have missed it in that long droning monotone of an opening. I considered going back and re-listening, but I'm sure he would just put me to sleep.

If you (or anyone else) could provide a pointer to the time Lally says those things in his opening statement I would be much obliged.

So far this hasn't been put into evidence. Supposedly the kids will testify to it. But context is vital here so it's important to understand exactly what they said. After all she wasn't "officially" living with John. She still maintained her own place and apparently stayed there much of the time. So was it truly a serious statement John made, or was it something yelled in the middle of a fight and then they made up five minutes later?
I believe in her texts to Higgins she said she wants to sell her Mansfield house and that it was empty? She did drive to her parents house after that morning, where later her suv was towed to Canton PD. She said in her texts she was thinking maybe to Enfield, CT, wanted to be closer to the water. That didn't make sense to me, Enfield? I may of heard it wrong, Higgins was reading that .

I believe in her texts to Higgins she said she wants to sell her Mansfield house and that it was empty? She did drive to her parents house after that morning, where later her suv was towed to Canton PD,
My recollection is that she said her Mansfield house had too many rooms and some she only goes into to dust. Must be furniture or something if she is dusting!

As far as KR driving to her parents' house the next morning, pretty sure someone else drove her. She was detained when her father asked to put her on suicide watch because she was distraught and spouting gibberish.

My recollection is that she said her Mansfield house had too many rooms and some she only goes into to dust. Must be furniture or something if she is dusting!

As far as KR driving to her parents' house the next morning, pretty sure someone else drove her. She was detained when her father asked to put her on suicide watch because she was distraught and spouting gibberish.
That's right, I'm just used to reading how she along with rest drive all over without sleep and still drunk, hungover so It seemed a normal thing she would of done!

There is a retired cop who lives across from 34 Fairview. He had a Ring camera but said it picked up nothing. (Probably of no use to the staties because it didn't show Karen hitting John, so fahgettaboudit.)

Berkowitz retired due to health reasons. He was replaced by Helena Rafferty, another Canton High grad, who hit a man walking in a crosswalk in Wrentham while driving an official vehicle back in February. He lived, but was seriously hurt.

Needless to say she was not transparent about this and didn't say a bloody word about it until the news picked it up nearly 6 weeks later.

What is the schedule for this coming week? I know dark Monday for Memorial Day. TIA!

The State has consistently suggested, from opening statement on, that yep, KR "snapped" when she heard Jen mention Bella's mom, a previous love interest of JO. Snapped as in her switch flipped to (wildly off-base & inappropriate) intense anger, jealousy, distrust & paranoia, just as she had gone off in Aruba.

And based on her texts with Higgins, she never let go of her anger & still believed JO had "cheated" on her there. (Despite dodging Higgins asking her twice if JO had "banged" the gal). Higgins was absolutely on target to suspect KR wasn't interested in him, but instead wanted to "weaponize" him against JO.

And BTW, KR didn't seem in the slightest like she was prepared to move on. JO apparently told her twice to git out & she refused both times.

(And to add my 2 cents, I don't believe JO ever went into the house, much less that most of the peeps in the house didn't hear a sound as JO was beaten to death for absolutely no reason at all, & that afterwards they & dozens of others the concocted a huge coverup. Minus KR colluding with TB, her pit bull defense attys, & the worst aspects of social media, imo few others would buy into that fairy tale either.

The simpler & more believable narrative is that KR was drunk, again, & in the time between leaving Waterfall & arriving at the house had gone into rage & resentment mode. I have little to no doubt she hit him on purpose & knew that she had, but not that she had killed him. The defense has done an excellent job of diverting attention away from the fact that from the get go at 5AM the next morning, KR's most consistent explanation for what happened to JO was that she might have/did hit JO with her SUV. Now *that* is curious, given both her story #1, that she was so drunk she didn't remember anything after being at the Waterfall, and her story #2, that she dropped him off at the Alberts' house & left.
well articulated post.
I agree with your direct route to KR is very easy to see and connect the dots.
thanks for this :)

I still have no clue what is going on, so I am speculating a lot trying to make sense of things. If JOK made it into the house, he went in through a door where not everyone could see him. I think people were scattered more than is being alluded to in testimony. I think he heard all the guys down in the basement, so just went straight in that direction, not stopping in the kitchen where he heard the ladies. The ladies and Albert, Jr., probably never even saw him come in. I know if I went into a party, and could tell men/women separated (which they usually are), I go to where the ladies are, but a man would go to where the men were. This would explain why Jen MCCabe was texting in the beginning. She really didn’t know he was there and wanted to know where he was. It wasn’t until they all heard the commotion (whatever it was), when the ball started rolling to what is now a cover-up.There has to be something we still don’t know that was bigger than just an altercation or they would have just called an ambulance. I’m wondering if there was something JOK never shared with anyone in BPD regarding information (bigger than Collin selling weed or whatever) that the Alberts got wind of. Maybe he had said something already to them? All I know is th arm wounds, multiple skull fractures and the head wound (minus any broken bones below the skull) and the complete lack of blood in the snow (all the snow around the body would have been pink - he lost like 3 liters of blood!) is what keeps me from even coming close to believing Karen backed into him. And, she probably knew something really bad had to have happened to him since he didn’t come home and especially that he didn’t call to say he wasn’t coming home. He wouldn’t have left the kids without telling them, so she just went straight to the worst….he’s dead. I’d to the same with someone I knew to be of that character. All logic says the Alberts/McCabes did something. The girls that were (unfortunately) there were probably threatened with their (and their families) lives to stay quiet. The butt dials were definitely completed calls. Jen was definitely worried he wouldn’t die in time. I’m sure if we actually had the phone data (lost because no physical phones) it would complete the story. And, I think we don’t know everyone that was in that house. I think someone else was there and that would really allow all of this to make more sense.

How much exactly of the trial have you watched so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildkey517