MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just between you guys and me I have tried to do a butt call to my husband and I didnt manage.

For a butt call to work you would need to have the recipient's contact open, or not?

Looking forward to expert witness

To my knowledge I have never made a so called butt dial. But I have received a few from one of my sons. He tells me it somehow does that when it's in his pocket and I was the last person he called on his Iphone. I have received only one from my daughter in law(she never calls me, lol) and she uses an android. She told me it was in her purse and must have opened my contact number when she moved her purse. When my son's phone did it(I answered that call)I could hear him talking to someone and he was oblivious I could hear them. With the daughter in law the call went to voicemail as I didn't answer it and I could hear her radio playing in the background as she was driving in her car, again oblivious that her phone called me....OH, almost forgot, at no time were either of them texting wildly while the phone was calling me.

I still have no clue what is going on, so I am speculating a lot trying to make sense of things. If JOK made it into the house, he went in through a door where not everyone could see him. I think people were scattered more than is being alluded to in testimony. I think he heard all the guys down in the basement, so just went straight in that direction, not stopping in the kitchen where he heard the ladies. The ladies and Albert, Jr., probably never even saw him come in. I know if I went into a party, and could tell men/women separated (which they usually are), I go to where the ladies are, but a man would go to where the men were. This would explain why Jen MCCabe was texting in the beginning. She really didn’t know he was there and wanted to know where he was. It wasn’t until they all heard the commotion (whatever it was), when the ball started rolling to what is now a cover-up.There has to be something we still don’t know that was bigger than just an altercation or they would have just called an ambulance. I’m wondering if there was something JOK never shared with anyone in BPD regarding information (bigger than Collin selling weed or whatever) that the Alberts got wind of. Maybe he had said something already to them? All I know is th arm wounds, multiple skull fractures and the head wound (minus any broken bones below the skull) and the complete lack of blood in the snow (all the snow around the body would have been pink - he lost like 3 liters of blood!) is what keeps me from even coming close to believing Karen backed into him. And, she probably knew something really bad had to have happened to him since he didn’t come home and especially that he didn’t call to say he wasn’t coming home. He wouldn’t have left the kids without telling them, so she just went straight to the worst….he’s dead. I’d to the same with someone I knew to be of that character. All logic says the Alberts/McCabes did something. The girls that were (unfortunately) there were probably threatened with their (and their families) lives to stay quiet. The butt dials were definitely completed calls. Jen was definitely worried he wouldn’t die in time. I’m sure if we actually had the phone data (lost because no physical phones) it would complete the story. And, I think we don’t know everyone that was in that house. I think someone else was there and that would really allow all of this to make more sense.
Thank you.

Apologies, your post would be clearer if you were to break it up into paragraphs.

To my knowledge I have never made a so called butt dial. But I have received a few from one of my sons. He tells me it somehow does that when it's in his pocket and I was the last person he called on his Iphone. I have received only one from my daughter in law(she never calls me, lol) and she uses an android. She told me it was in her purse and must have opened my contact number when she moved her purse. When my son's phone did it(I answered that call)I could hear him talking to someone and he was oblivious I could hear them. With the daughter in law the call went to voicemail as I didn't answer it and I could hear her radio playing in the background as she was driving in her car, again oblivious that her phone called me....OH, almost forgot, at no time were either of them texting wildly while the phone was calling me.
I've gotten a couple in past the same way, iphone and last person /call (could hear muffled talking, they didn't hear me saying HELLLLLOOOOOOO). Right, no panicked and frantic texting same time ha. Lies and lies and someone will get majorly busted on the stand and fall apart and oh please let me be watching which I would if something BOTHERSOME like work doesn't ruin it for me.

I still have no clue what is going on, so I am speculating a lot trying to make sense of things. If JOK made it into the house, he went in through a door where not everyone could see him. I think people were scattered more than is being alluded to in testimony. I think he heard all the guys down in the basement, so just went straight in that direction, not stopping in the kitchen where he heard the ladies. The ladies and Albert, Jr., probably never even saw him come in. I know if I went into a party, and could tell men/women separated (which they usually are), I go to where the ladies are, but a man would go to where the men were. This would explain why Jen MCCabe was texting in the beginning. She really didn’t know he was there and wanted to know where he was. It wasn’t until they all heard the commotion (whatever it was), when the ball started rolling to what is now a cover-up.There has to be something we still don’t know that was bigger than just an altercation or they would have just called an ambulance. I’m wondering if there was something JOK never shared with anyone in BPD regarding information (bigger than Collin selling weed or whatever) that the Alberts got wind of. Maybe he had said something already to them? All I know is th arm wounds, multiple skull fractures and the head wound (minus any broken bones below the skull) and the complete lack of blood in the snow (all the snow around the body would have been pink - he lost like 3 liters of blood!) is what keeps me from even coming close to believing Karen backed into him. And, she probably knew something really bad had to have happened to him since he didn’t come home and especially that he didn’t call to say he wasn’t coming home. He wouldn’t have left the kids without telling them, so she just went straight to the worst….he’s dead. I’d to the same with someone I knew to be of that character. All logic says the Alberts/McCabes did something. The girls that were (unfortunately) there were probably threatened with their (and their families) lives to stay quiet. The butt dials were definitely completed calls. Jen was definitely worried he wouldn’t die in time. I’m sure if we actually had the phone data (lost because no physical phones) it would complete the story. And, I think we don’t know everyone that was in that house. I think someone else was there and that would really allow all of this to make more sense.
'You still have no clue....' Your post was a great read and I bet pretty spot on! Yes, no attempt to help him with a simple yet horrified 911 call. First thing to do once he was assessed by ones that are VERY TRAINED in this line of injury, he was wanted GONE to save what material things they had and keep THEIR own status quo and yes, who would dare go against ALBERT? They well knew how he 'rolled'.

The simpler & more believable narrative is that KR was drunk, again, & in the time between leaving Waterfall & arriving at the house had gone into rage & resentment mode. I have little to no doubt she hit him on purpose & knew that she had, but not that she had killed him. The defense has done an excellent job of diverting attention away from the fact that from the get go at 5AM the next morning, KR's most consistent explanation for what happened to JO was that she might have/did hit JO with her SUV. Now *that* is curious, given both her story #1, that she was so drunk she didn't remember anything after being at the Waterfall, and her story #2, that she dropped him off at the Alberts' house & left.

I agree with that. And I don't think a person would think they hit somebody unless they had heard some sound or had felt a bump while they were driving. If they never experienced that, it wouldn't occur to someone to think they hit anybody.

If she did do it, she's very lucky that there is all this strange and shady behavior from the people involved which could lead to an acquittal.

IT will be the calls around 2. 40 am when nobody was supposed to be around.

I agree with that. And I don't think a person would think they hit somebody unless they had heard some sound or had felt a bump while they were driving. If they never experienced that, it wouldn't occur to someone to think they hit anybody.

If she did do it, she's very lucky that there is all this strange and shady behavior from the people involved which could lead to an acquittal.
With you on the sound. Apparently, Jen and Matt were close enough to the open wood door/only a glass storm door, but didn’t hear JOK make ANY sounds when being hit? He was apparently jujitsu’d by the vehicle so he would have yelled or screamed in pain, at least at the moment of impact - even if he was knocked unconscious by the first hit. However, there’s the whole missing belt thing, and he threw up, so would think they would have heard the vomiting. Now that I am typing this, how ARE they going to explain his belt being missing????

With you on the sound. Apparently, Jen and Matt were close enough to the open wood door/only a glass storm door, but didn’t hear JOK make ANY sounds when being hit? He was apparently jujitsu’d by the vehicle so he would have yelled or screamed in pain, at least at the moment of impact - even if he was knocked unconscious by the first hit. However, there’s the whole missing belt thing, and he threw up, so would think they would have heard the vomiting. Now that I am typing this, how ARE they going to explain his belt being missing????
We'll have to see 'their answers' well there won't be any because 'he never came in the house' I want to see official list of belongings not found. So far 'word' is, no cap/missing a shoe. If it was said maybe the plow plowed those all away, a GOOD and responsible PD would be scanning the piles of snow /sides of road, wherever the plow shoved the snow along, which is the side of the road. Easily found if were there. DIG around. So I haven't heard any on stand questioning of those items but there of course could of been. MIssing belt is just odd unless did he have one on? Can a reliable source/photo of earlier at the bars show him wearing one? At this point we know no one is reliable so we need the photo.
My thought on the missing shoe is that the dog tore at it while JO attempted to kick the dog away, (if that happened) and dog chew marks would tell a tale, so it must be destroyed along with destroyed other evidence: cement cellar floor area, phones.

The State has consistently suggested, from opening statement on, that yep, KR "snapped" when she heard Jen mention Bella's mom, a previous love interest of JO. Snapped as in her switch flipped to (wildly off-base & inappropriate) intense anger, jealousy, distrust & paranoia, just as she had gone off in Aruba.

And based on her texts with Higgins, she never let go of her anger & still believed JO had "cheated" on her there. (Despite dodging Higgins asking her twice if JO had "banged" the gal). Higgins was absolutely on target to suspect KR wasn't interested in him, but instead wanted to "weaponize" him against JO.

And BTW, KR didn't seem in the slightest like she was prepared to move on. JO apparently told her twice to git out & she refused both times.

(And to add my 2 cents, I don't believe JO ever went into the house, much less that most of the peeps in the house didn't hear a sound as JO was beaten to death for absolutely no reason at all, & that afterwards they & dozens of others the concocted a huge coverup. Minus KR colluding with TB, her pit bull defense attys, & the worst aspects of social media, imo few others would buy into that fairy tale either.

The simpler & more believable narrative is that KR was drunk, again, & in the time between leaving Waterfall & arriving at the house had gone into rage & resentment mode. I have little to no doubt she hit him on purpose & knew that she had, but not that she had killed him. The defense has done an excellent job of diverting attention away from the fact that from the get go at 5AM the next morning, KR's most consistent explanation for what happened to JO was that she might have/did hit JO with her SUV. Now *that* is curious, given both her story #1, that she was so drunk she didn't remember anything after being at the Waterfall, and her story #2, that she dropped him off at the Alberts' house & left.
BBM.

It falls under this new trend of #innocencefraud that’s become a rallying cry on social media. An “advocate” connected to the defendant creates a cacophonous effect around the trial/case, effectively shouting over all other voices. It’s a disturbing trend. I hope the jury isn’t being influenced by this propaganda and can make a fair analysis of the evidence. Attorney Jackson has done a good job of draining the jury, I’m sure, with his tedious and highly speculative cross examinations. I hope the jury doesn’t get lost in the science fiction he’s concocted.

JMO

I had seen this as well but also not sure where I saw so can’t confirm either but I’m hoping it will be clarified if we get ME testimony. I had read the vomit was inside his pants on underwear, which if true adds a whole different layer of mystery.
Unless while undressing/working on JO, fluids were all over the place. It was said that the front of his shirt was all blood/vomit. I haven't seen the medical examiner or coroner or EMT's speak about the condition of JO's clothing, just that his shirt was taken off and was on the ambulance floor. Nothing was treated as a suspicious death as KR was there at the scene behaving and speaking out loud to them all re: hitting him or did I. If he was found say, just anywhere but on that snowy lawn and KR not saying all that, maybe attending LE would of been more inclined to be careful of gathering his belongings safely, well lots was not done as it should of been, taped off the area, gathering of blood that was in the snow the right way, go inside if could, to speak to the homeowners. (Albert). It was just seemingly treated as KR was saying at the scene, hit by her suv previously and left on the lawn. She was later arrested for that as we see and here we are.

The State has consistently suggested, from opening statement on, that yep, KR "snapped" when she heard Jen mention Bella's mom, a previous love interest of JO. Snapped as in her switch flipped to (wildly off-base & inappropriate) intense anger, jealousy, distrust & paranoia, just as she had gone off in Aruba.

And based on her texts with Higgins, she never let go of her anger & still believed JO had "cheated" on her there. (Despite dodging Higgins asking her twice if JO had "banged" the gal). Higgins was absolutely on target to suspect KR wasn't interested in him, but instead wanted to "weaponize" him against JO.

And BTW, KR didn't seem in the slightest like she was prepared to move on. JO apparently told her twice to git out & she refused both times.

(And to add my 2 cents, I don't believe JO ever went into the house, much less that most of the peeps in the house didn't hear a sound as JO was beaten to death for absolutely no reason at all, & that afterwards they & dozens of others the concocted a huge coverup. Minus KR colluding with TB, her pit bull defense attys, & the worst aspects of social media, imo few others would buy into that fairy tale either.

I think it’s very possible he was hit twice, once by KR and then by Higgins in his Jeep with the plow on it. I definitely believe there is some shady business going on with these officers that they didn’t want exposed, but I don’t think JO ever went in the house. Just my thoughts so far but we haven’t seen all the facts yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mishelita9306