MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO It's fascinating to see how KR is described in comments on news media and social media. I've seen the following:
"glamorous"
"w h o r e"
"not a people pleaser"
"personality disorder"

I don't understand the "glamorous" adjective (perhaps relative to the area?) . And I don't know why women are expected to be "people pleasers".
To me this feels similar to a rape trial, where they try to smear the SA survivor because they were not a perfect victim.

I guess now that the defense has committed to this grand conspiracy theory they have to make every witness look like they are part of some conspiracy to get Karen Reed. Ugh. So exhausting. Shoddy police work or incompetence does not make a conspiracy.
But covering up shoddy police work might be. I can't wait to see Proctor explain himself.

@TedDanielnews

Jackson asks if FF McLaughlin is friends with Caitlin Albert. JO was found outside of a home then owned by Brian Albert (Caitlin's father). She describes her as someone she knows from high school and an "acquaintance".

9:43 AM · May 3, 2024
Katie McLaughlin has been photographed partying with Caitlin Albert. I wonder if they will show those social media pictures.

There was a brief break. We are back without the jury. Judge asking for items defense wants to enter as evidence to mark them.

Jackson wants to introduce social media pictures. The defense objects. FF McLaughlin now being questioned by Jackson without jury present.

FF McLaughlin says Caitlin Albert is not a close friend, she's in a "group of friends". FF McLaughlin "doesn't recall" ever being at Caitlin Albert's home

Jackson showing FF McLaughlin a printout from a social media app showing she is "friends" with Caitlin Albert online. Shows her another picture that shows McLaughlin and Caitlin Albert together. McLaughlin says she doesn't recall when or where the picture was taken

@TedDanielnews

I guess now that the defense has committed to this grand conspiracy theory they have to make every witness look like they are part of some conspiracy to get Karen Reed. Ugh. So exhausting. Shoddy police work or incompetence does not make a conspiracy.

It makes for reasonable doubt, which is all Read needs. The FBI can deal with the rest.

The evasiveness is telling. What's going on in this town?

She would seem more believable if she owned her relationship with the Albert daughter. The problem is she could be telling the truth, but the defense has already planted the seed in the minds of the jury, and her actions make it seem like she is hiding something, even if she isn't.

Everyone knows that if you’re friends on social media and are seen in a photo together it means you’re real life friends and willing to conspire to cover up a murder! *eyeroll* Geez 6-8 weeks of this!

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member