MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea that a house full of people who came there to party witnessed or participated in some kind of a fight or beating of John and they all just stood around and watched as his body was dragged outside to die (or was already lifeless and placed outside)…….is so ludicrous.
Except that it wasn't a house full of people, it was a house full of cops.

Ok, I'm being facetious, and I shouldn't be, but I do still believe that does make a difference. But maybe not the difference that people who believe your "ludicrous" scenario think it makes.

I really don't know what to think. I definitely have a hard time believing his injuries are all from her hitting him in reverse. Also really wish the house had been considered a crime scene inside and searched accordingly at the time. And I really wish I understood why they had to make it a murder charge and not a lesser charge like manslaughter or negligent homicide or whatever would make sense.

And I really wish I understood why they had to make it a murder charge and not a lesser charge like manslaughter or negligent homicide or whatever would make sense.

Pretty common practice to overcharge around here. If the prosecution prefers not to take a case to trial and the defendant doesn't have the means to hire their own attorney, public defenders often encourage their clients to work a deal by pleading to the lesser charge or charges.

We’re back. ADA Lally resumes his questioning of Canton Fire Lt. Woobbury

Lt. Woodbury said an ambulance was called back to 34 Fairview for a section 12 for Karen Read after he says she made threats to harm herself

Lt. Woodbury says one of the things he heard Read say is "is he dead?

Lt. Woodbury tells ADA Lally Read's "emotional state was all over the place”

Lt. Woodbury confirms the scratches on JO's right arm from autopsy photos are consistent with what he saw at the scene. Autopsy picture goes up and Judge Cannone says please take it down and calls for sidebar

@TedDanielnews

I’m curious, in a general sense and not necessarily just about this case, how reliable the phone GPS and Apple health data truly can be in terms of specific locations. I think it’s going to be very hard to convince a jury that he went into that house just based on phone data. Now I’m not saying that means he didn’t but I’d imagine any halfway decent lawyer could rip the whole “he took 80 steps at 12:25am” to shreds, even if it was shown to be the most accurate information. 80 steps in what direction?

For the steps climbed data, if that is legit, I think I would need a demonstration of how the data is logged. Some kind of visual showing he either truly did climb 3 flights of stairs OR he did 30 jumping jacks (idk, just a using a silly example) for his phone to log it that way. on the other side, the CW could show that just walking up onto the witness stand logged as one flight, or something of that nature. The jury is going to need a point of reference.
If the data exists, I think there is wiggle room as far as the details being precise. If his steps basically stop at the time she dropped him off... that's pretty telling.

I'm not buying her supposed lack of following this case from the outset and knowing more than she is admitting to. She is intentionally trying to distance herself to the point of appearing dishonest.
It was bizarre. Dodging the questions as if she was the one on trial. Clearly coached to do so but not sure how this is meant to help the CW when as you said it appears dishonest (because it is IMO etc etc).

I think they want Proctor to take the fall for the real killer.
I think JO was in a fight with one of the Alberts in their home, and was beaten to death inside. His arm was also mauled by their dog.
Around 2am they realized he was dead (or comatose) so they tossed the body out in the yard as far as possible from the front door, near the curb. Googling "how long to die in the cold". Hoping a snow plow would do the work for them explaining his injuries. The Alberts pledged to keep this incident secret so their family member doesn't go to jail. (Seems protective. Maybe the killer is on the younger side?)
Then Karen Read arrived and wondered aloud "Did I hit him?"
And it became that much easier for the Alberts to stay quiet.
With a friend like Proctor, the Alberts knew they would never be considered suspects.

All IMHO
WOW. She left him there and took off, we know that, one way or another. Did he go inside and the fight began? Dog attacks? He would go inside as he had no ride home at that point, if he was able. This is just that wondering if he did go inside or not. Worth a thought what you wrote I must say for sure.

Holeeee Canolllliii !
Those 'scratches' on JO's arm !!!
NOT coming from being hit by a car, just sayin'
And, very freshly wounded I might add.
Not sure if I see dog bite potential, but possibly ??

MOO
Prosecution will need to do a good job of laying out a believable sequence of events for his wounds, but I don't think there is any chance those are animal bites.

A lot of room under that car. Maybe he was knocked somewhat on his side with that arm/shoulder upwards and something ripped across it as she was going backward/forward. That would be my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catheonlineghost