Identified! MA - Provincetown, Race Point, 'Lady in the Dunes' WhtFem 27-49, UP11840, Jul'74 - Ruth Marie Terry

I’ve not seen a case like this before. It’s shocking. This man wasn’t hiding someplace under the radar. Quite the contrary. And Ruth wasn’t unheard of, apparently.

I wish they had the tools we have now, back then.

I’ve not seen a case like this before. It’s shocking. This man wasn’t hiding someplace under the radar. Quite the contrary. And Ruth wasn’t unheard of, apparently.

I wish they had the tools we have now, back then.
It seems like this guy got away with murder, and was hiding in plain sight. Even though he got arrested for killing his wife and daughter. Why was he not in prison for life?

This guy must have had quite the load of charisma and smarts. It's rather baffling from this standpoint (just reading about him from old news reports, etc) - the ages-old smooth operator... with a streak of evil. 'Seems his brother lost his law license in '63 so maybe there was trouble all the way around. I think his last wife was from Ontario Canada so maybe he spent time there, or maybe he met her in California... not sure.

WHAT?!
View attachment 377591View attachment 377592View attachment 377593
Holy heck, I take a few days off, and not only do they ID the Lady of the Dunes, she was murdered by that creep I read about in an Ann Rule book a few months ago? Geez, Louise.

Departments who know this guy lived in their jurisdictions better start dusting off their missing and murdered files, particularly those featuring mutilation and dismemberment. There's no way this guy only killed three.

I hope they have DNA on this guy or a close family member's DNA. Might be worth adding it to CODIS if it's not already there, see if anything shows up.
I think during the press coneference the investigators said they weren't interested in using the DNA except for her identification. I got the impression they weren't going to pursue FGG beyond that. Did anyone else pick up on that during the pc?

OT: The similarities between this case and the Allenstown/Bear Brook case haunt me. The manner of death, the bi-coastal locations of the suspect, New England, Califorinia, Pacific NW, the suspect going undetected and living his life, all give me pause.
Franklin Delano Floyd, too.

Muldavin, Rasmussen, Floyd.

All three killers attached themselves to women, sometimes with children in tow. And they killed. And moved on to another family.

Floyd and Rasmussen seemed to like abducting younger kids, too, and sometimes taking them on to the next family, but that doesn't seem to have always been a requirement. Rasmussen went to prison (died there) for the killing of Eunsoon Jun, who was unmarried and had no children.

All three had multiple aliases and are suspected of many more crimes than they ever faced justice for. All probably serial killers.

Franklin Delano Floyd, too.

Muldavin, Rasmussen, Floyd.

All three killers attached themselves to women, sometimes with children in tow. And they killed. And moved on to another family.

Floyd and Rasmussen seemed to like abducting younger kids, too, and sometimes taking them on to the next family, but that doesn't seem to have always been a requirement. Rasmussen went to prison (died there) for the killing of Eunsoon Jun, who was unmarried and had no children.

All three had multiple aliases and are suspected of many more crimes than they ever faced justice for. All probably serial killers.

I don’t know how many types of serial killers there are, but it’s clear that there’s the stranger-killers, and then there’s the family-killers—killing someone they’re in some sort of a relationship with.

I don’t know how many types of serial killers there are, but it’s clear that there’s the stranger-killers, and then there’s the family-killers—killing someone they’re in some sort of a relationship with.
Yeah, and in both cases, it's the relationship - or the lack thereof - that's the point. The ones that want a stranger as a victim, it's what they need to feel fulfilled. The ones who play a long game and court a victim for months or even years, it's the same. Even though the relationship appears from the outside to be the opposite, it's the same. It's what the killer needs to move the victim into the psychological space that he's ready to kill them. MOO.

I wonder how many of Guy Rockwell Muldavins wifes were murdered by him and/or went missing because of him.

I've made a quick table below:-
WifeNameMarriage DateMarriage PlaceVital Status
1stJoellen Mae Loop9 May 1946Allegheny, Pennsylvania, USAA survivor - Died 7 Jan 2002
2ndManzanita A. Mearns30 Sep 1958Kootenai, Idaho, USAMurdered 3 Apr 1960
3rdEvelyn Marie Emerson29 Jul 1960 &
10 Aug 1963
Los Angeles, California, USAUnknown - can't find a death record - Is she another victim and/or missing at the time?
4thRuth Marie Terry16 Feb 1974RenoMurdered July 1974
5thPhyllis Smirle/ Phillis Roper18 Oct 1975, 2nd indexLos Angeles, California, USAA survivor - She's mentioned on Guy Muldavins 2002 Obituary

Last edited:
In the 2002 Obituary of Joellen (GRMs 1st wife) there are some details about GRM

Quoted from ancestry.com

Joelle Mae Root Rockwell Corbley Obituary​

Joellen Mae Corbley: Newspaper Obituary and Death NoticeBellingham Herald, The (WA) - Saturday, January 12, 2002 Deceased Name: Joellen Mae Corbley
Joellen Mae Corbley passed away peacefully of liver failure on Jan. 7, 2002. She was 77. Joellen was born Aug. 26, 1924 in Port Arthur, TX, to Jerome Bonaparte Loop and Joy Herrick Crouch Loop.
She attended school at Pennsylvania State College. Joellen was second runner up in the Miss Pennsylvania contest, which led to a modeling career in New York, where she appeared in Esquire Magazine. She enjoyed meeting famous people, such as Rose Kennedy, Randolph Hearst, and several other interesting people. Her family had direct dealings in politics with Abraham Lincoln and family possessions that Lincoln ate on! Also there was a close family member that had a personal relationship with Bobby Kennedy until she died of over dieting as a model. She attended Carnegie Hall and the Academy of Dramatic Arts and was learning to become an actor.
She met a professor there named Guy Raoul Rockwell and fell in love. She left her career and the big city nightmare and moved into a tree stump along a river in California. Her husband sang at KIEM Radio Station Monday through Friday at 5:00. They moved to the northwest and he worked at the Seattle Bon Marche furniture department. Then they opened a large antique shop. They were married 10 years.
She remarried Charles Corbley who worked in the motion picture business. He was a very talented photographer and had a studio taking portraits. They then shot bowling pictures at the largest bowling alleys between here and California. He died in the early 1970's. She did a lot for the Heart Fund and opened a used goods store.
She then turned to subdividing her land with her daughter. They split land 19 times and that enabled them to enjoy the place they loved. She was devastated over newly implemented zoning changes. After thousands of dollars spent for utilities and roads, her dreams were shattered. She lost it with the system and her neighbors taking away her rights on her land. She loved cats and felt deer should be fenced and cared for rather, than being hit & causing accidents, she loved all animals!
She was strong and put up with a lot of physical pain for years. She now is at peace. She is survived by her daughter.
Private family Graveside services will be held. Memorials may be made to the Church of your choice. Arrangements by

Westford Funeral Home.
Page: 5A
Copyright (c) The Bellingham Herald. All rights reserved. Reproduced with the permission of Gannett Co., Inc. by NewsBank, inc.

Here's a Newspapers.com Obituary link

Obituary_of_Joellen_Mae__Loop___Rockwell__Corbley.jpg
Clipped from The Bellingham Herald, Bellingham, Washington, 12 Jan 2002, Sat • Page 5

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyhen
Back