MA MA - Rapheal Teken, 37, Eric Weissman, 31, & Brandon Mess, 25, Waltham, 12 Sept 2011

You forgot the Mercedes. Bomber #1 drove a Mercedes. At the time of the murder, neighbors reported five men were often at the apartment. The next door neighbor was under the impression that all five lived there. Of the two who were not killed, one drove a Mercedes. See my links here:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MA MA - Waltham Triple Murder, 12 Sept 2011

I can't find anything that says the two guys were ever ID'd or questioned, though I would think they must have been.
<snipped>

Also:
Detectives worked through the night collecting evidence. They towed away a Mercedes Benz.

Police searching for 2 men in triple homicide in Waltham

Sure doesn't look that police ever found these two men.

<Snipped>

Yes, possibly. They do seem to indicate that they know two other people were there though:

http://www.wickedlocal.com/cambridg...es-mourned-after-brutal-Waltham-murder?zc_p=2

http://www.wickedlocal.com/cambridg...ew-answers-in-murder-of-Cambridge-trio?zc_p=2

Also in that last article:
- Mess was a well known mixed martial arts fighter. Weissman was a body builder.

???
IIRC, the downstairs neighbor, recuperating from some health issue, did not hear anything violent. Could these guy have had their throats cut somewhere else and then brought/dragged back up to the apartment????

How does LE know they were dragged up the stairs...was there a blood trail or did someone hear the dragging of bodies up the stairs?

Just a note: Slashing a victim's throat is very personal. It is also quite common among certain groups of people yet is not typical of drug disputes, per se. Most reported drug murders and disputes, in this country, tend to involve guns. IMO.

IIRC, the downstairs neighbor, recuperating from some health issue, did not hear anything violent. Could these guy have had their throats cut somewhere else and then brought/dragged back up to the apartment????

How does LE know they were dragged up the stairs...was there a blood trail or did someone hear the dragging of bodies up the stairs?

Just a note: Slashing a victim's throat is very personal. It is also quite common among certain groups of people yet is not typical of drug disputes, per se. Most reported drug murders and disputes, in this country, tend to involve guns. IMO.

If they were killed somewhere else and then dragged upstrairs, they would have been a blood trail.
I agree, slashing throat is not typical of a drug murder.

That mural is somewhat creepy...the kid pulling on the rubber gloves...the guy in the front with the dark hat & the sunglasses looks like he is striking a match...IMPO, I don't like the mural...then there are the beards....

It looks like one of his friends painted it as a memorial.
The guy with the glasses is obviously E.W., if you look at pictures.

The rest... I don't know. That's why I asked what you guys thought.

Maybe I'm reading way too much into it... ? ha.

BigCat, what do you see that makes you think of Israel? And what do you think the picture is depicting?

It looks like one of his friends painted it as a memorial.
The guy with the glasses is obviously E.W., if you look at pictures.

The rest... I don't know. That's why I asked what you guys thought.

Maybe I'm reading way too much into it... ? ha.

BigCat, what do you see that makes you think of Israel? And what do you think the picture is depicting?

I didn't make my point very clear. I was referring to his blog when I was talking about Israel. There is a scan of a postcard on there written to his grandmother in Israel, so he's Jewish and I was making the point that there would probably be nothing related to Islam on a mural dedicated to him.

Beyond that, I don't know what to make of the mural. A commentator said it's located in LA, which I found odd considering that he's originally from Cambridge.

How many murders occur in Walthram in a year? It can't be many.
the crime stat sites I looked at report zero murders most years since 1999, a couple have one murder, a couple have two. altho one site listing 2011 reported zero that year, so who knows how accurate they are. but still, the rate overall appears exceedingly low

Why would his mural have a guy putting on gloves, another lighting a match?

It's just weird, IMO. Maybe it means something entirely different to them...something that isn't obvious to an outsider.

It's just weird, IMO. Maybe it means something entirely different to them...something that isn't obvious to an outsider.

Maybe. But it isn't what you would expect of a memorial of a friend, is it? To me it looks like a sinister looking scene, with the murder victim, and three other people who seem to weirdly correspond to facts that we know now. If the friend who painted it thought, in Oct. 2012, that EW had been murdered in a random act of violence or by an angry pot dealer, what's with this scene? Are the two guys, and the third man on the right (green background) sporting the fundamentalist-style beard just another coincidence?

I hope I don't sound like a crazy conspiracy theorist (I hate those people). The mural just made me wonder: Is it possible that people close to this case suspected the involvement of TT before the Boston marathon? What about LE?

I mean, if the guy at the gym noticed that TT was friends with Brendon Mess and then started acting strange after his murder and 'disappeared', chances are other people did too, right? At this point, he was actually on the FBI's radar as "a follower of radical Islam with potential ties to terrorist groups." Shortly after the murder, he left the country, and by the time he got back, he was (allegedly) posting jihadist videos on Youtube (on a playlist called terrorist), including 'lectures' by Sheikh Feiz Muhammad, who is known for encouraging children to be "soldiers defending Islam", inciting violence toward non-believers, his hatred of Jews and (I just learned) drugs. The people who knew them seem surprised about Johar, but not so much about Tamerlan -- the uncle described how he had worried about his influence on his younger brother, he was kicked out of his local mosque for acting 'crazy', etc. It sounds like he had gone a bit off the deep end, and people noticed.

Add the particularly violent details of this murder, the weird reporting about it, and the date, and it doesn't seem like too much of a leap to think that there may have been people who suspected TT's involvement in this case... before this week.

JMO.

I don't understand that mural at all.
Appears it only has understandable meaning to that circle of people.

I don't even understand it. What does it mean?

He was a glass blower. Owned a glass business with a partner. That's where the lab coat and the gloves come in. The guy on the right could be his partner, but the depiction is exaggerated.

The other image is a CD jacket. He's credited as an executive producer. His mom notes how proud he was when he presented it to her. :(

The entire FB is a beautiful and heartwrenching memorial maintained by his mother and sister. Please, please be respectful of it, everyone. If you take the time to go through it you'll see there is absolutely nothing odd or untoward about it, except that a mother shouldn't have to grieve for a murdered son. The same holds true for the other two victims' pages.

What is important here is that TT and all three guys were from Cambridge, even though BM was living in Waltham. Chances that TT knew all three guys seems high as he referred to BM as his best friend. YET, he did not attend his funeral, did not sign the obit guest book, and did not join the FB memorial pages.

He stopped going to the gym where he and BM used to go. He then left the country within three and a half months of the murders. He stayed away for six months and came back even more extreme in his religiosity.

He was a glass blower. Owned a glass business with a partner. That's where the lab coat and the gloves come in. The guy on the right could be his partner, but the depiction is exaggerated.

The other image is a CD jacket. He's credited as an executive producer. His mom notes how proud he was when he presented it to her. :(

The entire FB is a beautiful and heartwrenching memorial maintained by his mother and sister. Please, please be respectful of it, everyone. If you take the time to go through it you'll see there is absolutely nothing odd or untoward about it, except that a mother shouldn't have to grieve for a murdered son. The same holds true for the other two victims' pages.

Thanks. I just couldn't understand what it meant. I guess he depicted himself in gloves and coat next to his friend and the victim? Who is the gentlemen on the right with the glasses and beard?

I believe the glass business made glass pipes for smoking. If this is inappropriate to discuss, please delete my post. I only mention it because it may speak to the motive of the killer. A religious fanatic may view such an occupation as sinful.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back