MA MA - Sandra Crispo, 54, Hanson, 7 August 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm...so maybe SC wasn't stoked about the move? I'm not convinced that if she wasn't happy there it had anything to do with her disappearance, but that's interesting. I have to listen to the podcast.

Not sure, everything we know about Sandra is filtered through the views of someone else. I was looking through old news videos pertaining to her disappearance tonight because I wanted to see the footage of her at Cumberland Farms again and in one of them her daughter says Sandra seemed happier than she had seen her in many years to be close to the grandkids.

Maybe she didn't want to bring her dog or leave him home for a long period of time? Could be a logical reason...

The dog was described as normally being very exciteable/prone to jumping around (which is why when he seemed subdued on Friday morning the daughter viewed it as a bad sign) so maybe if there were other pets in the home he may not have been a good mix to bring over while she was babysitting.

Thinking about Sandra in the New Year.

I had pulled up her NAMus case and I had forgotten that after dropping her off on Wednesday, they spoke via landline sometime in the evening. I wonder when exactly that was so we can better pinpoint when we’d think she’d left. Police have run records on her phone, so they’d have to confirm this call. Along that thought I’d assume they’d find any unknown numbers she’s been calling and ask some questions.

I am so bothered by this for some reason! How can someone literally up and vanish? It’s often easy to pinpoint the most likely scenario but in this I have no idea.

Love/Sex doesn’t seem likely as she just moved there. It would be improbable for her to meet someone and start an entire affair that didn’t include a single phone call. I’m certain the police would have picked up on calls to numbers outside of her circle

Money is semi plausible if it’s a robbery situation. Perhaps someone noticed she lived alone? If the routine of having Thursday off was weekly, it’s possible that they had the routine memorized and attacked Wednesday night. A theory about the unlocked door...I will leave the door unlocked while my dog goes to the bathroom. I never think anything will to harm me in the couple minutes it takes my dog to relieve himself. Possibly could have been an opportunity? Tara Grinstead was a robbery gone wrong that looked like she had left willingly because the house was virtually untouched. I can’t imagine money as a valid reason for the family seeing how now she isn’t pronounced dead so nothing of hers would go to them. They also have full financial responsibility of her property as well as whatever money they have to put towards childcare now.

The only other option that is somewhat viable in my mind is some sort of horrible accident in which case she should have been found nearby. Maybe she went out to smoke a cigarette and hurt herself or had some sort of medical emergency.

I’ll keep coming back to this one :/

The only other option that is somewhat viable in my mind is some sort of horrible accident in which case she should have been found nearby. Maybe she went out to smoke a cigarette and hurt herself or had some sort of medical emergency.

I've ruled this one out because no body has ever been found. Hanson was scoured and unless a body was very carefully weighted down in water, it almost certainly would have turned up with so many around looking for her. There's a good amount of water around in Hanson, but it's all lakes, and bogs, and ponds,

Robbery is always a possibility, but robbers don't normally take residents with them**. Having seen the neighborhood, I can't imagine a thief randomly picking Sandra's little house. The street is quite literally off the beaten path and densely populated.

As for abduction, why? And why no signs of struggle?

If the door was unlocked, there is a plausible scenario. My understanding is that SIL took care of all communications with the mechanic that day, and I'm not even sure she went inside with him. If she handed over her key chain with her house keys on it, she may have figured she wouldn't need them as she'd be home until the car was ready, presumably on Friday, if not even Thursday some time. If something came up and she decided to go out, I can see her leaving one door unlocked. I've done it before myself when my husband accidently took my house keys with him and I needed to go out. Locked the front door, and left the back door unlocked. If like me, she didn't have any jewels or cash in the house, she may not have been too concerned, especially if she planned on being back later that night.

I too am very curious any phone calls and what LE knows about them. Sandra didn't disappear from home, IMO. If she did make it home that day, she left her house, probably late Wednesday afternoon or evening. My guess is that she left voluntarily as any scuffle would have been overheard by neighbors. We know she didn't have a car, so she either left on foot or in someone else's vehicle. Unless she went to see a neighbor, on foot isn't too plausible given the limitations of the area. So by process of elimination, I think she left with someone voluntarily. Maybe for a cup of coffee and a quick chat about something? Or out for a few drinks after a long day? Something happened when she was with this person or these persons and that something is what led to her disappearance.

Beyond this - who, why, where, how - I hope law enforcement has some clues because I sure don't.

**I just saw the Tara Grinstead 48 Hours episode, and it sounds like the motive was probably not robbery. Both perps knew the former beauty queen and it's believed one or more likely both entered the house when she'd gone to bed with the intent to sexually assault her. She was killed and her body cremated in a pecan grove over a period of days to hide forensic evidence of the assault and murder. While it's possible something like this happened to Sandra, we still have the issue of the closeness of multiple neighbors. And disposing of a body in that manner would not be plausible on the South Shore of Massachusetts, although a burial in deep woods somewhere is always possible. With some seriously good advance planning.
Sandra's house also had all new windows and exterior doors and central A/C. If someone came in that night, she probably let them in as a locked up house would have been a major chore to get into.

I agree with everything. I run around in circles with this one. Nothing. Makes. Sense. The most plausible is that it was someone she knew, but the motive is still lost on me. I can’t think of anyway someone would gain something by her disappearance. I can’t imagine how frustrating this must be for her family :/ I am curious about the rest of her family’s thoughts.
As for Tara Grinstead...I don’t know why I didn’t assume that. Silly me actually...believing the criminal’s story :oops:
The report was for drug money, but that makes way more sense.

MOO

I believe it was someone Sandra knew.
Perhaps someone that thought Sandra might have some cash in the house, assumed “she has money” due to the sale of her father’s house. Or perhaps Sandra had been babysitting children prior to the move and took cash for payment. This person had been to see Sandra prior to this night.
Likely the daughter has some knowledge of this person. Hence the locked down narrative and controlled repeated phrase “homebody grandmother” which tells us so little about who Sandra was in her life.
I sadly believe Sandra is deceased. :(

This is all just my opinion.

As much as I hate to say this, especially on a forum like this, but I don't think this case can be solved unless there is information available regarding Sandra's habits. I know we've been told she's a homebody, and we have no reason to disbelieve this. However, even homebodies have friends and activities that they engage in. I just find it hard to believe she sat at home staring at the walls or even the TV in her tiny house, four days a week, seven nights a week. Especially pre-Covid. When she went out, where did she go? Who did she go with? Did she go out during the day? At night? Ever go out for dinner or drinks with a certain friend or friends? Shopping with another? Without further info, we're pretty much stuck at the drop-off at home after the Cumberland Farms visit late Wednesday afternoon.

I have to think LE knows more and simply isn't sharing. Hopefully that's not just wishful thinking.

The dog was described as normally being very exciteable/prone to jumping around (which is why when he seemed subdued on Friday morning the daughter viewed it as a bad sign) so maybe if there were other pets in the home he may not have been a good mix to bring over while she was babysitting.
Someone refresh my memory. I keep getting stuck on the vision of Sandra’s daughter pulling up and telling her kids to wait in the car because something “wasn’t right”. What gave her that impression? This would be before she entered the home.

Someone refresh my memory. I keep getting stuck on the vision of Sandra’s daughter pulling up and telling her kids to wait in the car because something “wasn’t right”. What gave her that impression? This would be before she entered the home.

My guess, she hasn't been able to reach her mom, and then having arrived, her mother didn't come out to meet them. Maybe she normally would have... or the dog would bark... just some indication of activity....

Instead an eerie silence....

JMO

She had a bad feeling the day before when her mother didn't answer her phone. Maybe it was a continuation of that bad feeling? I don't think she mentioned anything specfic that concerned her until she noticed the side/back door was not locked and saw that a light or lights were on. I originally wondered about whether outside lights were left on, but I note in the listing for the house it said they were dusk to dawn lights, so they would have automatically shut themselves off when the sun came up.

I think she knew something wasn’t right the day before when Sandra would not answer her home phone. (Landline)

Her car was in the shop. So where would she go? And be gone all day and night? Especially a homebody grandmother?

I remember one news article mentioned the daughter talked to her husband about it the night before, he said that she was probably visiting neighbors. Which I was thought was way off the mark, thought she didn’t socialize or know her neighbors that well? That’s completely different than how her daughter described her and wonder why he would say that versus family or a friend from her old neighborhood.

The daughter lived close, right? Perhaps a 10 minute drive? So she has these feelings all day and night - mom still isn’t answering the phone. Why didn’t the daughter or SIL make a quick check?

That part has always puzzled me.
JMO

I remember one news article mentioned the daughter talked to her husband about it the night before, he said that she was probably visiting neighbors. Which I was thought was way off the mark, thought she didn’t socialize or know her neighbors that well? That’s completely different than how her daughter described her and wonder why he would say that versus family or a friend from her old neighborhood.

The daughter lived close, right? Perhaps a 10 minute drive? So she has these feelings all day and night - mom still isn’t answering the phone. Why didn’t the daughter or SIL make a quick check?

JMO

The daughter said she lives seven minutes away but her husband told her not to worry, so she put it out of her mind. I'm not sure what time of day she tried to call her or how many times.

I think she knew something wasn’t right the day before when Sandra would not answer her home phone. (Landline)

Her car was in the shop. So where would she go? And be gone all day and night? Especially a homebody grandmother?

JMO

If I knew my mom's car was in the shop and she wasn't answering her phone, I would also assume she was off talking to a neighbor. I don't think it's that odd.

Her bed being broken and her sheet being missing have me thinking this was a home invasion/sexual assault/murder. I wonder if cadaver dogs were ever brought into the home.

I always leave my doors unlocked during the day. I figure anyone intent on breaking in might think twice when they see my dogs. But, maybe that's not enough, especially since my dogs are super friendly.

I struggle with the daughter’s “bad feeling” thing as well. On one hand I’m telling myself to knock it off I don’t know what I would do in that scenario.
But at the same time, her having a bad enough feeling to leave the children in the car implies that she was expecting maybe some sort of medical emergency, so you’d think with such a short drive if she was concerned she would have checked the day before.
I have to give her the benefit of the doubt, but it just seems so strange. Especially if the house was rural enough, the suggestion that she was visiting with neighbors seems weird.
I hate this case. Where the heck could she be :(

I agree that if they haven't brought cadaver dogs in already, they definitely need to

I don't know, of course, but it seems to me Sandra was trying to start a new life in Hanson. I get that the grandsons were now a few miles away, but her move from Hough's Neck, a busy, vibrant seaside neighborhood where she must have known a lot of people, to where she ended up in Hanson had to have been a huge change for her. Knowing both areas, I can say with certainty that I would have stayed in Hough's Neck and driven out to my daughter's house in Pembroke three days a week to babysit rather than move to the Hanson neighborhood where she lived. I looked up the father's house in Hough's Neck and it is a 2 story, but not huge by any stretch. And the drive from Quincy to Pembroke where her daughter lives is about 20 miles.

So I'm not convinced that we know all the reasons for the move. But if she left Quincy because of any problems or situations with people she knew there, getting rid of the cell phone, at least temporarily, may have been another way to cut ties. Or temptations, assuming there were any.
I agree with you on all of this. So much NOT being said out to 'us'. She had a past I believe, that led to estrangement from daughter but had overcome it, I'd say, in order to be trusted to take care of the little grands for which seems probably a few years or so. I'm on the same page as you with all you've said.

But at the same time, her having a bad enough feeling to leave the children in the car implies that she was expecting maybe some sort of medical emergency, so you’d think with such a short drive if she was concerned she would have checked the day before.
I have to give her the benefit of the doubt, but it just seems so strange. Especially if the house was rural enough, the suggestion that she was visiting with neighbors seems weird.

I wouldn't call the area rural. But it's not a typical Hanson neighborhood either. The road her tiny house is on is unpaved. The neighbors are very close and most houses aren't updated. Reminds me more of a trailer or camp type of area rather than a suburban neighborhood.

It's not impossible that she met some neighbors who she chatted with sometimes, although I seem to recall the neighbors who did speak to the media said they only knew her to wave to. Her daughter may not have known this, so it's possible she assumed Mom was off chatting while walking the dog. But I still would like to know how many calls were made and what times they were made. Because, I agree, why would she keep the kids in the car unless she wasn't expecting her mother to be there? If she'd suspected injury or foul play, she surely would have checked the day before. Did Sandra make a habit of returning to Quincy for visits with friends or family? If so, who likely would have picked her up?

First of all, let's wait and see who this is.
Second, you'd need to have your vehicle parked in a strategic place and during the right time of day because of the tides. There would have to be luck involved. You would need to wait until no one was in the area, and you wouldn't want witnesses. IMO.
I hope this poor soul will be identified relatively quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member