MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I wish they did, I don't think they have a clue who it is, and this question keeps coming back to me...
If they are so certain that the SUV was involved, rather than just acting on a tip, then why the DNA dragnet?

One thing I also want to point out.
It was stated in a previous post here, that what Vanessa had for breakfast makes no difference. Nothing could be further from the truth, Stomach contents I am sure was a factor in determining time of death.

Yea,the drag net isn't consistent with them having this figured out already, as far as I can see.

And on the breakfast/stomach contents, that's what I mean. Even the mundane and seemingly unimportant details can help piece a case together.

IMO , they must have a lot of information . They received approx. 1,000 tips, and more probably by now. That is a lot for a case like this in the area described.

Secondly, I think one hang up in this is also people knowing this person , not coming forth with information, suspicions or anything - including possibly the request for known access to a dark SUV. (for instance). As I said , it would be wise and in their best interest to do so.

IMO , they must have a lot of information . They received approx. 1,000 tips, and more probably by now. That is a lot for a case like this in the area described.

Secondly, I think one hang up in this is also people knowing this person , not coming forth with information, suspicions or anything - including possibly the request for known access to a dark SUV. (for instance). As I said , it would be wise and in their best interest to do so.
Lets say the SUV was parked along BSR for an hour. How many people do you think traveled by in that hour?My guess, and nothing to base this on is about 60 tops.
Out of 1000 tips, how many do you think were useful?
Just thinking out loud.

Lets say the SUV was parked along BSR for an hour. How many people do you think traveled by in that hour?My guess, and nothing to base this on is about 60 tops.
Just thinking out loud.

To further that point, I think the SUV was parked for even less time than that, perhaps 10-15 minutes. Had it been there an hour so, I think there might have been, as you say 50 or so witnesses to it. ( I think your estimate could be pretty accurate. About a car a minute traveling down the road (in either direction) seems possible. Would be easy to do a traffic count there. I think many tips could be useful. How many would be related to seeing the SUV on BSR, maybe only a half dozen. Lack of immediate ID of the black SUV following the crime tells me it wasn't there THAT long. IMO

To further that point, I think the SUV was parked for even less time than that, perhaps 10-15 minutes. Had it been there an hour so, I think there might have been, as you say 50 or so witnesses to it. ( I think your estimate could be pretty accurate. About a car a minute traveling down the road (in either direction) seems possible. Would be easy to do a traffic count there. I think many tips could be useful. How many would be related to seeing the SUV on BSR, maybe only a half dozen. Lack of immediate ID of the black SUV following the crime tells me it wasn't there THAT long. IMO
I agree too, that the SUV wasn't there for an hour, but best case scenario 60 cars drive by, and say half call in a tip both related and unrelated to the SUV, so 30. Let's say those 30 are all accurate tips, and the rest of the tips are not from BSR. That's 970 tips from elsewhere, and who would remember a dark SUV driving down rt. 31, for example in the short time it would take to drive out of town, if this guy is not local?
I'm guessing out of 1000 tips,950 are useless.based on that nobody has been arrested.

Thank you for VMs new thread, tcla. A new thread and the basic FACTS are
She had a pattern. VM would visit her mother on a weekends and go for a run before returning to the city on Sundays. If she was the intended victim and her killing was not a random act, Kirby said her weekend runs "would be the place."

http://www.masslive.com/news/worces.../fbi_profiler_on_vanessa_marcotte_killer.html

VMs murder is being investigated as a possible sexual assault.

VM had burns to her head, hands and feet. Time frame is from Broad Daylight 1:00 to 3:00 when her mother became quite concerned and reported her missing. Her body was discovered before 9pm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDsnhJQ8fcE

VM fought vigorously by leaving scratch and claw marks and bruises on her assailant. I have the impression that the Unsub has VMs back against him, as she scratches and claws at his arms hoping to make him let her go, as he carries her deeper into the path. I hope she kicked the perp, too, causing more bruising. This theory presents that he attacks VM from behind but does not use the MO as the killer of the other lovely jogger at Oak Beach who hit her on the head with a fairly large rock. She was dragged and still held in her hands the blades of grass she pulled out by the roots.

VM SA? Yes Or No? If yes, use a condom? Yes? Or No?

Just trying to reconcile the nudity and the fire. Why burn her to remove DNA if he has a full condom to be concerned about? And all of her clothes and shoe(s) have his tDNA from where he ripped them from her, I suppose. Was the plan always to kill?

I concur. The entire event could take as little as fifteen minutes although likely longer. That's not a long time to park a SUV on the side of the road. Is it?

It would be beautiful if one of the locals could conduct a vehicle count for us on a Sunday, at one until.

When did the dark SUV officially become a black SUV?

The killer came to the crime scene equipped. Equipped to rape, torture, burn and kill? Snatching at the beginning of the run gives the UnSub more time for the crimes and the get away because no one is looking for VM yet.

I concur. The entire event could take as little as fifteen minutes although likely longer. That's not a long time to park a SUV on the side of the road. Is it?

It would be beautiful if one of the locals could conduct a vehicle count for us on a Sunday, at one until.

When did the dark SUV officially become a black SUV?

The killer came to the crime scene equipped. Equipped to rape, torture, burn and kill? Snatching at the beginning of the run gives the UnSub more time for the crimes and the get away because no one is looking for VM yet.
If the SUV was parked for only 15 minutes, then, I'd have to say the motive was murder only.
I see it a little different. I think he is a sexual sadist that wanted to inflict pain. IMO and nothing more, the only way I see her hands, feet, and head being burned, is if she was in a sitting position, over the fire hunched over, and I do think he SA her, and intended for the woods to catch fire, burning the rest of her. If no Sa then I have to ask, why were they checking out all of the registered sex offenders in the area? I think as sick as it is, he spent some time with her, more than 15 minutes. JMO.

PRINCETON (CBS) – Patience. If the information police floated this week in the Vanessa Marcotte murder seems very vague, at least one private investigator says it’s far from being an “unresolved” case.
Dr. Sarah Stein investigates cold cases, which she says the Marcotte case is not. “We know that the Massachusetts State Police have a lot of information in this case,” she says.
Wednesday, police put out a public plea for information from anyone who saw a dark-colored SUV near the murder scene on Brooks Station Road in Princeton the afternoon of August 7th.
Stein says it could be a stalker. “We know that Vanessa used to come home on a regular basis and then the last thing she would do before returning to the city, she would go for a run,” Stein said. “So in that way someone who’s inclined to stalk a victim would be easily able to determine her habits.”
By dangling this information out there, she says police could be, in effect, communicating with the killer to show they’re on to him. Neighbors in the tiny town where the murder happened can only hope.

Somehow the wording of how she use to come visit each weekend and take a run before going back makes me think she changed and no longer was every weekend. Maybe she her routine was too easy to track and stalk and she changed her privacy settings and her routine

Just a question- what do police hope to accomplish by "communicating with the killer that they're on to him"? I would love for that to be true, but those kinds of things strike me as a bluff. What is gained by telling a killer you're onto him. It would seem better to not let on that you're aware and building your case. I'm not a detective, though. Can anyone explain the possible theory behind this?
To make him squirm or slip up. I guess it depends on the person but I imagine the idea someone is could make them mess up. Perhaps they have evidence but just need the name and person and by them messing up maybe they can have an arrest.

Thank you for VMs new thread, tcla. A new thread and the basic FACTS are

VMs murder is being investigated as a possible sexual assault.

VM fought vigorously by leaving scratch and claw marks and bruises on her assailant. I have the impression that the Unsub has VMs back against him, as she scratches and claws at his arms hoping to make him let her go, as he carries her deeper into the path. I hope she kicked the perp, too, causing more bruising. This theory presents that he attacks VM from behind but does not use the MO as the killer of the other lovely jogger at Oak Beach who hit her on the head with a fairly large rock. She was dragged and still held in her hands the blades of grass she pulled out by the roots.

VM SA? Yes Or No? If yes, use a condom? Yes? Or No?

Just trying to reconcile the nudity and the fire. Why burn her to remove DNA if he has a full condom to be concerned about? And all of her clothes and shoe(s) have his tDNA from where he ripped them from her, I suppose. Was the plan always to kill?
I was thinking that also and that it would explain the areas he burned and the clothing being taken. It's like he was trying to take or destroy anything that could have his evidence but failed at the under the nails. As red as the condom I think he used one hence them saying it was one at first then lately you don't see anything mentions in articles and to me that would make me think he used one and they can't tell if it was someone she had willingly done that with who used one or one she didn't willingly with.

My main thought is with or without any other murders or attacks being related that this person planned it. I believe he took her at the start that way he has the most time and stalked her. And the burning was in hopes to remove any place that could have touched her but failed with nails. This guy could be a family friend or neighbor or friend of hers etc the list goes in but he knew her and I think either was so smart and had so much free time(which says he hasn't money and is retired to me or at least has money and doesn't need to worry about work) he planned it all out and tracked her well. It also feels a lot of what he did was to confuse people. I think he's local or was but to me he's local enough he could briefly leave and come back without raising red flags. That said does anyone know if this guy lied to let's say a wife and said he's going to some appointment they has the privacy stuff then if the cops ask cause they're onto him even if he was or wasn't there do they still have to answer? Just wondering if he could have something he's told his wife that couldn't be asked about by cops because of laws and privacy or whatever.

Just thinking out loud.

I have no idea how many people would have driven by on that road then. It does seem to be that 1,000 tips is a lot for that area. So that is a lot to go through, verify, see if things match up between all the various tips that came in, etc. Of course this was all before the request for more to do with a dark SUV.

My main thought is with or without any other murders or attacks being related that this person planned it. I believe he took her at the start that way he has the most time and stalked her. And the burning was in hopes to remove any place that could have touched her but failed with nails. This guy could be a family friend or neighbor or friend of hers etc the list goes in but he knew her and I think either was so smart and had so much free time(which says he hasn't money and is retired to me or at least has money and doesn't need to worry about work) he planned it all out and tracked her well. It also feels a lot of what he did was to confuse people. I think he's local or was but to me he's local enough he could briefly leave and come back without raising red flags. That said does anyone know if this guy lied to let's say a wife and said he's going to some appointment they has the privacy stuff then if the cops ask cause they're onto him even if he was or wasn't there do they still have to answer? Just wondering if he could have something he's told his wife that couldn't be asked about by cops because of laws and privacy or whatever.

Maybe the person also refused doing voluntary DNA?

If you connect the dots I believe it was a young killer.

Police probably have a good idea of the profile. They got tips from the public. They asked everybody who knows someone who had access to a dark suv. "Access" like using your parents car?

They are trying to communicate with him, cauze if he's young and inexperimented. They probably believe that he'll stress. If he does he might panick, and that might wake up his parents/friends who don't suspect him.

Imagine if its a 20 years old living in his parents house. Having a crush on that beautiful girl jogging. One week his parents are in vacation, he has the house for himself. Bang. He feels invincible. No one sees his scratches/bruises. And as of now he's getting away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona