GUILTY MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #8 *Arrest*

It’s medium/minimum. I can’t imagine he’s in minimum, unless they want another sexually motivated murder on their hands.

He should be in Walpole.
They are shutting Walpole down. They started last year, and if I'm not mistaken next year it will be closed.
Although Walpole is a maximum security prison, it's been used for a "pre conviction" prison for a while now. Souza Baranowski prison in Lancaster is the only "post conviction" maximum security prison in the state.

in a sane and just society he'd be dead.
In this society, at MCI, he'll have every available opportunity known to man to improve his life. He'll be able to obtain a bachelor's degree through Boston University, Emerson, or many other colleges. He'll be able to learn any language he wants, become an auto body tech, barber, welder, carpenter, and a whole list of other trades along with tons of self improvement programs including Toastmasters and a list so long I'd be typing all night.
Gardner has more of a dorm set up rather than cells. They have twice the population that Souza Baranowski has. Either place he'll have 3 visits a week for up to 3 hours for each visit. The visitation rules are more lax at Gardner. For example, at Souza Baranowski, you can only kiss a visitor upon arrival with closed lips. You can hold hands but you can't touch anyone anywhere else. Both the inmate and visitor have to keep their back against the backrest on the chair, and feet flat on the ground. There's a rule for every move. In Gardner, you can kiss on arrival and kiss and play touch the entire visit as long as it's not too excessive.
Why is he there? I'm not sure but my guess is he was evaluated at Souza Baranowski first because every post convicted inmate in the state goes through the "reception" center at that facility.It may have been determined that he wasn't a high risk inmate for one reason or another. I'd be willing to bet he was a good little boy at Worcester House Of Correction pending his trial and was probably a scared rat. With Walpole closing down, perhaps they need more room at Souza Baranowski for higher risk inmates. Again, this is only my guess. There are inmates serving life sentences in Gardner.

A Massachusetts man was sentenced to life in prison after pleading guilty to the murder of Vanessa Marcotte, a 27-year-old Google employee who was killed after she went for a walk in 2016, prosecutors announced Wednesday.

Angelo Colon-Ortiz, 36, of Worcester, won't be eligible for parole for at least 45 years after pleading guilty to charges of second-degree murder and unarmed robbery, according to a press release from the Worcester County district attorney's office.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back