Found Deceased MA - Zachary Marr, 22, Boston, 13 Feb 2016 #2

Snipped by me...

is it common for the obituaries of people who have been missing to list their recovery date as their date of death? I would venture a guess that Zachary was deceased the day he disappeared and fell into the river. Certainly not March 15th.

Would his death certificate list Feb 13th as his date of death?

Not that it actually matters, I'm just curious. I'm sure he wasn't officially "deceased" to the family until he was recovered.

when my missing family member was ultimately found deceased, the official date of death was listed as the date his body was found, though the last date of contact and the filing of the MP report was a month earlier. i was told by authorities at the time that was the way they did it, since he could not be confirmed dead until that point.

makes sense from a legal standpoint; from a grieving family member's standpoint, it just means we get to relive the loss twice a year rather than once...

when my missing family member was ultimately found deceased, the official date of death was listed as the date his body was found, though the last date of contact and the filing of the MP report was a month earlier. i was told by authorities at the time that was the way they did it, since he could not be confirmed dead until that point.

makes sense from a legal standpoint; from a grieving family member's standpoint, it just means we get to relive the loss twice a year rather than once...

OHmy sorry to hear about this

Is it optionial to release med exam/tox results or is it in public domain. Done with tax dollars so I would think media would have access. I have not read a followup, and pretty sure it will be the new standard it seems in these cases, but still would like to read it? Going on half a month?

It varies by state and in Massachusetts, if there's no crime or other public concern, the records are private. There have been cases where the name of a missing person has been retroactively removed from record, such as the woman who committed suicide in the next town over from us yesterday.

It varies by state and in Massachusetts, if there's no crime or other public concern, the records are private. There have been cases where the name of a missing person has been retroactively removed from record, such as the woman who committed suicide in the next town over from us yesterday.

Welll shoot-- your answer made me want to find out regarding Mass
Depending upon the circumstances of the case, an autopsy and/or toxicology report may be available. To request autopsy and/or toxicology reports, the legal next of kin and those with written permission from the next of kin should send a written request to the Office of Chief Medical Examiner, 720 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118.

I think we all know what that means...

http://www.mass.gov/eopss/agencies/ocme/frequently-asked-questions.html

Welll shoot-- your answer made me want to find out regarding Mass
Depending upon the circumstances of the case, an autopsy and/or toxicology report may be available. To request autopsy and/or toxicology reports, the legal next of kin and those with written permission from the next of kin should send a written request to the Office of Chief Medical Examiner, 720 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118.

I think we all know what that means...

http://www.mass.gov/eopss/agencies/ocme/frequently-asked-questions.html

Unfortunately I have had more experience than I care to admit with suicides in my family and other families that I know. I am not suggesting or assuming suicide is involved in this case. But I have found that in some cases of deaths there just simply ARE NO answers as to what happened to definitity. I just know that when family or friends are beginning the grieving process that others are relentless in asking what or why this happened. Each time the questions open the wounds of a broken heart. Each time a reminder that those left behind may never know.

JMO's

jgordo--

Were you allowed to makes choices if your loved ones inveatigation to be released or where you able to say "no" and it never was??

jgordo--

Were you allowed to makes choices if your loved ones inveatigation to be released or where you able to say "no" and it never was??

I'd say that within the last decade, yes but prior than that no. Plus during that time in a smallish Midwest community, everyone knew by process of elimination. Suicides carry such a negative stigma on the families that the more it is not discussed, the more it is with the same old questions. Especially the big one: "Why didn't the family know he/she had mental problems? They have enough money for Doctors."

JMO's

Just in my experience.

Unfortunately I have had more experience than I care to admit with suicides in my family and other families that I know. I am not suggesting or assuming suicide is involved in this case. But I have found that in some cases of deaths there just simply ARE NO answers as to what happened to definitity. I just know that when family or friends are beginning the grieving process that others are relentless in asking what or why this happened. Each time the questions open the wounds of a broken heart. Each time a reminder that those left behind may never know.

JMO's

I'm so sorry jggordo. :beats:

Growing up, I spent a lot of time around social workers, as my mom was a pyc nurse. An alarming number of these "professionals" were so neurotic they would see dysfunction in the way you ate a cracker.

One woman I vividly recall, was a morbidly obese hypochondriac who dressed in dirty clothes and thought pet hair was a fashion accessory... She worked in child protecton, and I always thought it was shockingly criminal that she was allowed to testify, in court, as to the mental state of others. She ruined lives with her delusional conclusions. I saw it happen.

A lot of the speculation in this thread, reminds me of her;

Zack's eyes look sad in a photo=Suicide
Grandma died=Suicide
Divorced parents=Suicide
Craft Beer pics on instagram=addiction= Suicide...

Oblivious to the huge signs that he was not, in fact, suicidal;

Was having a blast out with his family,

Work friends recall a happy, encouraging, kind, hardworking kid.

Two semesters in, at MWCC, ( an incredibly supportive school. Having gone there myself, I can say that with confidence, I used to call it, "The Womb"!)...

And the many, many other positive things Zack had going on in his life, totally discounted.

Zack's case began as a missing person, he was found deceased. He was not murdered. There was no villain of the piece.

I cannot, for the life of me, see why he must be found to have killed himself, by some posters. What is it that drives the need to access his whole life as a tragedy of Shakespearein proportion?

I was racking my brain the other day trying to remember the name of the poor lad in this case. I had a feeling the anniversary would be coming round but could recall all the details other than his name and didn't have much luck searching. Thinking of his family and friends.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back