Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow, thanks for letting us know. I sure hope she is recovered alive, but authorities with masks on isn't a good sign.

Ooohhh...that was creepy that Mr. Murat, whose apt. they are searching, joked that he was the main suspect in the kidnapping. We've seen that happen before in other cases. Let's hope that Mr. Murat is just inept at joking. Well, really, what is there to joke about? Weird.

Oh, this doesn't sound good at all. This guy lives 150 yards from Maddie's family's apartment so you know he had a chance to see her with her family, in and out. He's been inserting himself into the investigation, just like a perp who can't stand not to be a part of the search for the situation they themselves caused...and the searchers are in masks and biohazard suits? :(

Could be another Ian Huntley, laughing and joking one minute with police, the next being a suspect!

This article states the man had previously told reporters that Madie looked like his daughter back in England. Also that he is English.

If he wanted a child like the one back in England, perhaps lost to him over custody issues, perhaps she is still alive, that the motive isn't as sinister. On the bad side of things, he probably has paperwork on his child in England that can be used to pass off Madie as her, including moving her somewhere else, to another country.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21733449-1702,00.html

More:

http://uknews.newsquest.co.uk/index.phtml?id=667197&area=bradford

If you watch the accompanying video, the reporter says it looks as though "a green tarpaulin has been put up." Don't they do that when they are digging for a body, or know where one likely is?? OMG.....

If you watch the accompanying video, the reporter says it looks as though "a green tarpaulin has been put up." Don't they do that when they are digging for a body, or know where one likely is?? OMG.....

Maybe they are just blocking reporters' view and cameras. I am praying she is found alive.

Maybe they are just blocking reporters' view and cameras. I am praying she is found alive.

Well, of course...we all are. The idea of a tarp being used, though, sort of threw me. And that was what I meant...they were blocking the view of something. I guess I pictured it being used as a tent-like thing, to shield the view of something sinister.

Shes.... a light on the candle we set on our sills
Shes....a whisper in the wind, as we stand on a hill.
Shes.... the tide rolling in ,with the mysteries of life.
Shes... the Soul of a prayer, sent on wings high in flight.
Shes....Our precious daughter whos missing this night.

Laid flowers on the village grounds, and yellow ribbons all around.
Balloons that fly across the land...our little daughters wee
small hands.....
Some tiny toys, and Winnie the poo......our hearts are broken with
the loss of you.

A campaign is rolling with eyes ever seeing...hands held together
for all of your being.

Vivacious and funny...a beautiful face. Don't worry dear Sweetheart, our arms you'll embrace.

Your courage were asking our dear Madeline......
God feels our deep love, that we're asking of him.

We'll be there to hug you when you are set free........

God bring back our Maddie , we ask this of thee........
Send an Angel to find her....this honor we seek....

Lighting candles together....leading all on this path.
A child named Maddie.....please find her at last.

( Please light a candle and pray for Maddies safe return)

Any updates on this case? She is such a beautiful little girl!
I hope she is found safe....and soon.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Beautiful!! You should send it to Dr. and Dr. McCann.....

Tristan...they were searching a nearby villa today, one that is within 150 yards of the McCann's apartment and belongs to the mother of a creepy British guy who has been hanging around the reporters covering the case...it seems sinister. I haven't heard what, if anything, was found, though.

Thanks, Englishleigh. I haven't seen much about this case here in the states.

thx for the link, CarpeDiem! :)

"The new lead comes as Madeleine's parents vowed to stay in Portugal until she is found.
Portuguese Foreign Minister Luis Armado says Portuguese police will continue to assist British police for as long as necessary in the investigation."

heartbreaking ....

"He told journalists that he was interested in the case of the missing girl because he has a four-year-old daughter of his own who looks similar to Madeleine.

He is believed to be separated from his wife, who is thought to live in Norfolk with their daughter. He has just returned to Portugal after visiting them over the weekend."

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,70131-1265689,00.html

i wonder how frequently he (Murat) usually visits them?
did he take a plane?
did he take the train?
did he take anyone with him?

I just have a really bad feeling this guy has something to do with this. I am HOPING (please God let it be this) that he kidnapped her and took her to his wife and that is why he mentioned having a 4 year old daughter that looks like Madeline. So then she can be rescued and returned safely....only in a perfect world?.. I don't know I just don't want to think anything else other then that right now because it's just heartbreaking. But yes the way he is so interested in this is odd and it does raise red flags..

I am HOPING (please God let it be this) that he kidnapped her and took her to his wife and that is why he mentioned having a 4 year old daughter that looks like Madeline. So then she can be rescued and returned safely....only in a perfect world?..

fr. your typewriter to God's fax machine!

wont be long before his ex-wife get a visit from the police, i guess.
OTOH, maybe he didnt visit them at all.

to my mind, it was most likely an english-speaker who (seeing the parents at dinner without the children) went to their apartment and said something that enticed Maddy to open the door (unless it's an inside job by an employee with a key).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member