Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they look similar but I really do think that Maddie looks like Sofia's mom Dawn.
I didnt check out that link, will have to have a look as it seems to be on everyones mind at the moment, do you think it has something to do with Madelaines disappearance.

Am I the only one who thinks that Sofia and Maddie don't look alike?

I see more differences than similarities. They have the same coloring and are close in age but that's about it. I do, however, see many resemblances between Maddie and Murat's ex-wife Dawn.

I didnt check out that link, will have to have a look as it seems to be on everyones mind at the moment, do you think it has something to do with Madelaines disappearance.
The link is on post 21 of this thread Shazza but for some reason I cant get it to open.

I'm signing off this board. I've received several notes from people that have supported what I've said and felt like they could no longer post on this forum because when they supported the parents, they were attacked too. And the forum isn't what they want this discussion to be about. So they said they just stop posting because it became too painful for them to continue.

We may be the minority on this board and have compassion for the parents, but that doesn't make us wrong.

You've lost another person that doesn't agree with you, but I guess a true debate is when people can FAIRLY debate the facts, without throwing their emotions into the debate as fact (which I did too). The fact that people are calling them neglectful doesn't actually mean they are.

Thanks to those that "guided" me on how the board works. I guess I'm too emotional to post my opinions and I care too much about these people (the McCanns) being unfairly villified to actually comment any further.

Bye.
on this thread i agree with most people. the parents set this chain of events in motion. their behavior before and after the event makes them suspects in my eyes. on other threads i totally disagree with some of the very people i agree with here. any time a child is involved people tend to become emotional. i have changed my mind about some topics based on what i have read on some threads. i enjoy reading post that have a different view than mine. the fact i totally disagree with you does not mean i have lost respect for your right to your opinions. 1 problem i have on this thread is i find it impossible to look at the case yet ignore the fact that took place before 10pm that night. i am not bashing the parents just including their neglect as part of the fact i see in this case.

I have trouble believing that this Murat guy would happen to have a daughter who looks so much like Maddie and Maddie's parents would conviently be criminally negelecful and leave this 3 year old home alone with a back door open. What are the chances of this? The lookalike child he finds happens to be left home alone and with the back door open for his easy access? It is hard for me to believe that out of all the children at this resort the one who looks so much like his daughter would happen to have parents who almost gift wrap her and hand her over to Murat? It just does not sit right with me.

mjak
mjak,
Post of the day!
Excellent points all. :clap:

I agree that Sophia and Maddie don't look much alike. I think Sophia looks like her father or at least the pictures of him.

But I do think there is some resemblence between Maddie and Dawn. So, do we know what kind of fertility treatments Ms. McCann had to get pregnant? I agree the idea that Dawn's eggs were fertilized and implanted is pretty far fetched. But.... it is explorable.....

In the beginning, it was often reported how the parents would not jepordize the children because of what they went through to get pregnant. Many of us picked up on this as we tried to rationalize/excuse the parent's behavior. That was before we knew the children were often left alone, in an unlocked room, while the parents were some distance away.

Is it possible that the McCanns did not know Murat was there in Portugal, but Murat knew the McCanns were there? Murat lives there so I'm sure he knows that apparently it is common practice for parents to leave their children unattended at this resort (at least that's what I'm picking up from the press). So Murat just waits for his opportunity?

The question is why wait so long? Why not totally ruin their vacation and snatch Maddie early on? Is that why one of the kids woke up crying on the other night? Because someone strange was in the room? Made enough noise to scare the person off? Who summoned the McCanns back to the apartment that night? One of the party that was checking children or a neighbor of the room the children were left in? Has anyone read anything about that?

Salem

Has it been said whether or not Maddie was an adopted child or a birth child of the McCann's?

I agree that Sophia and Maddie don't look much alike. I think Sophia looks like her father or at least the pictures of him.

But I do think there is some resemblence between Maddie and Dawn. So, do we know what kind of fertility treatments Ms. McCann had to get pregnant? I agree the idea that Dawn's eggs were fertilized and implanted is pretty far fetched. But.... it is explorable.....

In the beginning, it was often reported how the parents would not jepordize the children because of what they went through to get pregnant. Many of us picked up on this as we tried to rationalize/excuse the parent's behavior. That was before we knew the children were often left alone, in an unlocked room, while the parents were some distance away.

Is it possible that the McCanns did not know Murat was there in Portugal, but Murat knew the McCanns were there? Murat lives there so I'm sure he knows that apparently it is common practice for parents to leave their children unattended at this resort (at least that's what I'm picking up from the press). So Murat just waits for his opportunity?

The question is why wait so long? Why not totally ruin their vacation and snatch Maddie early on? Is that why one of the kids woke up crying on the other night? Because someone strange was in the room? Made enough noise to scare the person off? Who summoned the McCanns back to the apartment that night? One of the party that was checking children or a neighbor of the room the children were left in? Has anyone read anything about that?

Salem
Everything needs to be explored, but I dont understand why Murat would kidnap or want the child kidnapped, what would be his motives.

I don't know what the motive might be. I just remember reading that the Portugese police thought this kidnapping might be an act of "revenge." When I first read that, I just thought the Port Police were throwing stones because they perceive the English police & media to be suspecious of them (the Port Police). But, maybe there is something there.

Maybe Murat didn't want Dawn to sell her eggs? Maybe Murat wanted another child, Dawn didn't, so he went to get the other child.

I'm not sure I believe this at all, just throwing out ideas. There does not appear to be any real new news. Everything is just a repeat of what has been said before or a bit of a "pissing" match between the different countries. I don't feel like I can trust either media source because the English appear to think the McCanns are saintly and the Portugese appear to think the McCanns are devilish (tad of an exaggeration there):crazy: but it makes it very difficult to try to figure out what is going on....

I don't know what the motive might be. I just remember reading that the Portugese police thought this kidnapping might be an act of "revenge." When I first read that, I just thought the Port Police were throwing stones because they perceive the English police & media to be suspecious of them (the Port Police). But, maybe there is something there.

Maybe Murat didn't want Dawn to sell her eggs? Maybe Murat wanted another child, Dawn didn't, so he went to get the other child.

I'm not sure I believe this at all, just throwing out ideas. There does not appear to be any real new news. Everything is just a repeat of what has been said before or a bit of a "pissing" match between the different countries. I don't feel like I can trust either media source because the English appear to think the McCanns are saintly and the Portugese appear to think the McCanns are devilish (tad of an exaggeration there):crazy: but it makes it very difficult to try to figure out what is going on....
Totally agree, by throwing in everything it makes people think and no matter how absurd some of the ideas are, there is always a chance that anything is possible. By reading all these posts and following what we hear on the media where ever we live, this is all we have to go by even if we keep on rehashing things that have been said before. Something happened to Madelaine and someone knows what, so we keep on talking and throwing any ideas we have at each other until we hear some factual news that will explain what has happened to Madelaine.

Oh. I don't know really I guess anything is possible. I just found it interesting how much more she looks like Dawn than her own mother,

Is that why one of the kids woke up crying on the other night? Because someone strange was in the room? Made enough noise to scare the person off?

Wow! No one has thought of that, until you did! That's a real possiblility! Well done.

Oh. I don't know really I guess anything is possible. I just found it interesting how much more she looks like Dawn than her own mother,
Tried to open the link but it wont let us in, so am unable to see what everyone is talking about, buy you are saying pretty much the same thing. It sounds quite odd that Madelaine looks like Murats wife and the similarities between his daughter and Madelaine, there sure is something fishy about that, or is it just coincidence.

The parents ARE at issue in this case, unlike most missing children cases, we're going to allow discussion about them. In the future, any questions should be directed to the moderators, who will be the ones to ask posters to stay on topic. Thanks ya'll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong