Madeleine McCann General Discussion Thread No. 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colomom - I know you did not intend to offend anyone and I didn't mean for you to remove it. I think I'm being a little sensitive today but it hurts my heart to see the poem and know that it is the result of Maddie's missing and all the unanswered questions we keep seeking answers to.

Also, I'm very frustrated with all the news reports of the McCanns being "keen" to get reinterviewed, while they are hiding out in England, instead of going back to Portugal to help the police find their daughter!:furious: :furious:

Hugs right back at ya!:blowkiss:

Salem

It's totally OK Salem, I am sooooo serious. If something really offends you then I can do is remove it and offer a link, if someone cares to follow it, instead. The least I can do....

I am with you...Justice for Madeleine.

Colomom - I know you did not intend to offend anyone and I didn't mean for you to remove it. I think I'm being a little sensitive today but it hurts my heart to see the poem and know that it is the result of Maddie's missing and all the unanswered questions we keep seeking answers to.

Also, I'm very frustrated with all the news reports of the McCanns being "keen" to get reinterviewed, while they are hiding out in England, instead of going back to Portugal to help the police find their daughter!:furious: :furious:

Hugs right back at ya!:blowkiss:

Salem

I think everyone is frustrated on this one -

What I want is the LE of both countries to get this done . I am fed up of reading about the Mccaans not doing this or not doing that as if they have some sort of power over the police

IF the PJ want to interview them - then get it done - if the Mccaans are being evasive then issue whatever they have to do and get it done .

Nooone is above the law let alone Gerry and Kate

The portugese have now had over 8 months on this case - it is about time we saw some action from them

Interesting article about Metodo:
http://news.independent.co.uk/europe/article3333778.ece

Speculation grows that its contract will not be renewed. It is not hard to discern why. Metodo has never recovered from the extraordinary swaggering comments of its director, Francisco Marco, when he boasted in December that not only did they know who abducted Madeleine, but that she could, in that most ill-fated of phrases, "be home by Christmas". So have the McCanns wasted £300,000 on the Spanish equivalent of Inspector Clouseau? Or are Metodo 3 slowly making progress?

Based in Barcelona's plush Eixample district, Metodo 3 inhabits the first floor of a Modernist block. Ever since the December faux pas, inquiries at the office are met with a polite response that the elusive Señor Marco is "in meetings" or "travelling".

*sigh* And here are two articles which try to tie Maddie's disappearance to a pedophiles in other countries:
The Canary Islands:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topsto...e-cops-search-pet-crematorium-89520-20285763/
Spain near Huelva:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2008/01/15/maddie-spain-link-is-probed-89520-20286110/

The McCanns are not paying Clarence Mitchell. His salary is being paid by Brian Kennedy a Liverpool business man.

They are paying professionals to search outside Portugal for Madeleine. The PLE will not allow them to send searchers into Portugal.

April, do you have a quote from the PLE that states they will not allow the McCanns to organize search teams? Where did this info come from? I'm not trying to be smart, I just want to know for sure if this came from a real source, or if it's another forum rumor.

Also...why do you suppose Brian Kennedy is paying CM salary, and not donating it to the fund? I wonder why the McCanns didn't say...hey Brian, we thank you for your very generous donation, but we would really like to skip a spokesperson, and use that money to find Madeleine...What do you suppose Brian would do? Take his money and run, or use it where it better serves finding Madeleine? Why do you think Brian INSIST they have this spokesperson, that only he is paying for?

1,200,000.00 Pounds collected
- 300,000.00 Metodo Salary
- 80,000.00 Advertising/Internet web site
- 0.00 Clarence Mitchell (paid by seperate benefactor)
- 0.00 Private jets (paid by seperate beneficator)
500,000.00 Approx balance left...and CM is BEGGING for money.

Gerry McCann made 75,000 a year Kate working a few days a week probably made 30,000. They where living comfortably making 105,000 a year...but now $320,000 in 8 months is not cutting it, even though they have benefactors who are paying for incidentals, that the fund won't cover...

Now Metodo are making it sound as if they are "investigating" the disappearance of the little girl in Spain (see Martin Walkerdine's Thread).

I don't believe anything they say. They just don't want the money to dry up, if you ask me.

April, do you have a quote from the PLE that states they will not allow the McCanns to organize search teams? Where did this info come from? I'm not trying to be smart, I just want to know for sure if this came from a real source, or if it's another forum rumor.

Also...why do you suppose Brian Kennedy is paying CM salary, and not donating it to the fund? I wonder why the McCanns didn't say...hey Brian, we thank you for your very generous donation, but we would really like to skip a spokesperson, and use that money to find Madeleine...What do you suppose Brian would do? Take his money and run, or use it where it better serves finding Madeleine? Why do you think Brian INSIST they have this spokesperson, that only he is paying for?

1,200,000.00 Pounds collected
- 300,000.00 Metodo Salary
- 80,000.00 Advertising/Internet web site
- 0.00 Clarence Mitchell (paid by seperate benefactor)
- 0.00 Private jets (paid by seperate beneficator)
500,000.00 Approx balance left...and CM is BEGGING for money.

Gerry McCann made 75,000 a year Kate working a few days a week probably made 30,000. They where living comfortably making 105,000 a year...but now $320,000 in 8 months is not cutting it, even though they have benefactors who are paying for incidentals, that the fund won't cover...
It has been widely reported time and again that
Portuguese law forbids the use of private investigaters.

http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cach...rivate+investigators&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=au

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/09/24/nmaddy124.xml

Under Portuguese law, the McCanns are not allowed to carry out their own enquiries while the police investigation is ongoing. However, CRG is understood to be focusing on other countries, such as Spain and Morocco, where a number of possible sightings have been reported.
And Metodo are not working inside Portugal for the same reason.

I think Brian Kennedy, as well as others, have offered to help the McCanns because they believe them, care about Madeleine, and can afford it.

I fail to see how it is a good use of money to hire detectives who can search everywhere in the world except where the child vanished.

But that's just me.

I fail to see how it is a good use of money to hire detectives who can search everywhere in the world except where the child vanished.

But that's just me.
ThoughtFox sadly its not an option if Portuguese law forbids it. As for searching elsewhere. It's worth trying no matter the cost as Madeleine could be anywhere. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member