Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread is open again.

Very major cleanup was required. Posts have been removed, but too many to provide individual explanation (
victim/parent bashing, general off topic, images with no link, irreparable broken quotes or quoted post was removed, etc).

Please do not bring up all the old discussions unless you can state how you think it relates to this current discussion of CB as suspect #2.

Thank you.

ADMIN NOTE:

Do NOT name innocent people (individuals who have not been named by LE as either POI or suspect). If you have to discuss someone other than a victim or a POI/suspect, use initials.

Also stop posting images of random people or children. It is a terrible violation of privacy for people to have their pictures splashed over the internet on a crime sleuthing site.

Sleuth all you want behind the scenes or in private conversations (where you can invite up to 20 members to the convo), but if it's not in MSM, don't bring it to the thread.

IMPORTANT ADMIN REMINDER:

Articles that are behind a paywall cannot be direct quoted. To do so is a copyright infringement.

The whole idea of a subscription is that the content be paid for. Members can provide the link for others who may have a subscription, and can either use the short google hit summary or briefly paraphrase what the content refers to.

Just no direct quoting from the paywalled article itself. There are actually people who get paid to surf the net looking for infringements.

Please report any and all posts that violate copyright law.

Please continue discussion here.

NOTE:

This thread is dedicated specifically to discussion of the German prisoner who has been identified as a suspect in this case. Any hint or discussion of the McCann's having involvement in Madeleine's disappearance is off limits.

ADMIN NOTE:

Please review Websleuths Terms of Service, and specifically The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Posts containing links to FB or other social media accounts that do not belong to either a victim or an officially named POI/suspect are not allowed.

Some posts have been removed but if members are aware of other posts containing the above noted TOS violations, please use the Report feature to let us know so we can remove the post.

As always, members can discuss such things in private conversations (where you can add up to 20 members), but the information is not allowed to be posted on the public threads.

Thank you.

ETA: Typo > "now" was intended to be "not". Big difference there ;)

Hi, I'm not sure if this is already posted. The Dutch papers report about the Portuguese Police searching the wells for Maddie's remains. The source is the Portuguese State Television.

Privacy settings

Portuguese TV: 'Police are looking for Maddie's body in wells'
The Portuguese police have searched for the body of the missing British girl Maddie McCann. That reports the Portuguese TV channel RTP. Quests were reported to have been conducted in wells in Vila do Bispo, a 20-minute drive west of Praia da Luz where the girl (then 3 years old) disappeared in May 2007.

Portuguese state broadcaster RTP says investigators have uncovered "basic evidence" to show that 43-year-old German Christian Brückner is responsible for her disappearance. The broadcaster has also linked him to another case of missing children in the Algarve resort of Silves.

I'll wait and see.....

Some clarity on the #MadeleineMcCann media articles. The latest developments in Portugal are that the police have undertaken further searches. NO new evidence has been found, the 'Fundamental Evidence' is the what the German Prosecutor is saying (again) that he claims to have.

https://twitter.com/mwilliamsthomas/status/1281886499362004992?s=21
He is just copying the Daily Mail
Portuguese state broadcaster RTP is saying detectives discovered 'fundamental evidence' to be able to prove suspect Christian Brueckner is responsible for her disappearance.

This means that there is a piece of evidence that was strong enough for PJ to conduct the searches.

I’m with you that it was probably CB and RS going door to door “raising money for an orphanage”. And I’d say it was a well established scam that their friends probably had knowledge of, and that’s why this tiny fragment of information has MT so convinced it was CB.
By the sounds of them though, I highly doubt they cared too much about “replacing” LW (that’s if I’ve picked you up correctly and you mean put MM in LW’s place to still claim the monthly allowance; the age difference would be too great for a start - apologies if that’s not what you meant!)... They all sound completely obsessed with money, though. So either to sell her on or... Make money from her in a different way :( By the sounds of things NF didn’t have much of a conscience when it came to children, even if she was a mother herself.
Yes I’ve wondered before whether CB had help from a woman, which I know wasn’t agreed with on here but it’s not unknown in cases like this. The presence of a female I believe could help calm MM, it’s possible a female was involved either willing or coerced by CB who appears to like to dominate and control his girlfriends

He is just copying the Daily Mail
Portuguese state broadcaster RTP is saying detectives discovered 'fundamental evidence' to be able to prove suspect Christian Brueckner is responsible for her disappearance.

This means that there is a piece of evidence that was strong enough for PJ to conduct the searches.

I strongly believe that is true....I mean serious evidence...If it was based on nothing, I think it was to much to ask for a search. But I'll will wait patiently for what is coming.

I strongly believe that is true....I mean serious evidence...If it was based on nothing, I think it was to much to ask for a search. But I'll will wait patiently for what is coming.
It was reported a week or two ago that PJ is on standby, waiting for Germans to provide the strong enough evidence to conduct the searches.
I only hope that no one from PJ will leak this evidence to their press!

It was reported a week or two ago that PJ is on standby, waiting for Germans to provide the strong enough evidence to conduct the searches.

I know, but thanks. I'm hoping with you...it would be a major setback and jeopardizing the investigation/possible conviction.

Madeleine McCann News: In Brunnen versteckt? Polizei sucht in Portugal nach Maddies Leiche

"Weitere Details sollen aus ermittlungstechnischen Gründen jedoch erst später der Öffentlichkeit zugetragen werden."

Translation:

"However, further details will not be released to the public until later due to investigative reasons."

This is how the German press reports about it.

Fall Maddie McCann: Portugiesische Polizei sucht in tiefen Brunnen

• The police from Portugal used specially trained firemen to search for the body of Madeleine McCann in the deep wells of Vila do Bispo.
  • The girl was not found, but the investigators claim to have "supporting evidence" for the guilt of the suspect German Christian B.
  • Meanwhile, the television station RTP linked B. to another missing person case in the Algarve.
The Portuguese investigators searched in Vila do Bispo in the Algarve, which is a 20-minute drive west of Praia de Luz, where Maddie disappeared without a trace in May 2007. The search focused on the area's deep wells, which are carried out with the help of firefighters specially trained for rescue operations. So far, according to a report by the newspaper “Correio de Manha”, nothing has been found in the fountain checks.

According to the “Daily Mail”, which refers to the state television station Radiotelevisão Portuguesa (RTP), the Portuguese police have “supporting evidence”. She was able to prove that the suspect B. was responsible for the disappearance of the little Madeleine. RTP linked B. to another missing person case in the Algarve holiday resort of Silves.

As far as I can tell the PJ has not reacted on the news from the state television yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member