Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taskforce88

Former Member
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Thread is open again.

Very major cleanup was required. Posts have been removed, but too many to provide individual explanation (
victim/parent bashing, general off topic, images with no link, irreparable broken quotes or quoted post was removed, etc).

Please do not bring up all the old discussions unless you can state how you think it relates to this current discussion of CB as suspect #2.

Thank you.

ADMIN NOTE:

Do NOT name innocent people (individuals who have not been named by LE as either POI or suspect). If you have to discuss someone other than a victim or a POI/suspect, use initials.

Also stop posting images of random people or children. It is a terrible violation of privacy for people to have their pictures splashed over the internet on a crime sleuthing site.

Sleuth all you want behind the scenes or in private conversations (where you can invite up to 20 members to the convo), but if it's not in MSM, don't bring it to the thread.

IMPORTANT ADMIN REMINDER:

Articles that are behind a paywall cannot be direct quoted. To do so is a copyright infringement.

The whole idea of a subscription is that the content be paid for. Members can provide the link for others who may have a subscription, and can either use the short google hit summary or briefly paraphrase what the content refers to.

Just no direct quoting from the paywalled article itself. There are actually people who get paid to surf the net looking for infringements.

Please report any and all posts that violate copyright law.

Please continue discussion here.

NOTE:

This thread is dedicated specifically to discussion of the German prisoner who has been identified as a suspect in this case. Any hint or discussion of the McCann's having involvement in Madeleine's disappearance is off limits.

ADMIN NOTE:

Please review Websleuths Terms of Service, and specifically The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Posts containing links to FB or other social media accounts that do not belong to either a victim or an officially named POI/suspect are not allowed.

Some posts have been removed but if members are aware of other posts containing the above noted TOS violations, please use the Report feature to let us know so we can remove the post.

As always, members can discuss such things in private conversations (where you can add up to 20 members), but the information is not allowed to be posted on the public threads.

Thank you.

ETA: Typo > "now" was intended to be "not". Big difference there ;)

Please read the following message from Tricia:

Dear Everyone,

This will be a quick message.

We need your help as soon as possible to keep Websleuths from going dark.
COVID-19 cut our revenue drastically. We are slowly creeping back up but we are still very short.
I wish I had the money to handle myself but Websleuths is my full time job.

We have two ways to donate
CLICK HERE TO SEND USING WEBSLEUTHS PAYPAL

CLICK HERE TO GET VENMO and the user name on Venmo is Tricia-Griffith-14

Please DO NOT DONATE ONE PENNY unless you can truly afford to do so.

If you have questions please email rather that post here. My email is triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

This is urgent. Any donation is appreciated.

Thank you,
Tricia Griffith
Owner Websleuths.com

This post lands at random and addresses some posts that were removed yesterday and some questions relating to a list of names/initials.

Please do not discuss any tips that are being or have been sent in to law enforcement. The whole world can read here and WS is not in the business of tipping criminals off to what is taking place in an investigation.

Soliciting or discussing private messaging is not allowed on the thread. If you want to PM with someone, just do it without announcing it on the thread.

Remember that ALL images require a link to the approved source. It is a violation of copyright law not to give credit to the source of their work.

Rude, personalizing attacks on other members are absolutely not allowed and will result in temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

It is okay to develop a list of initials/names for major case players and other individuals who may have been named in Mainstream Media or by LE in relation to the case. For individuals that have not been named in this case, it is advisable to use initials only and a description of how they may be related to the case without using their names on the list.

Click here for an example of a list that was done in another case to give an idea.

We then link it in the Opening Post and it will get carried forward in each subsequent thread that is opened. If new names come up, just Report on the post and Moderators will make revisions for you.

Any questions, please private message a Mod or Admin rather than posting them on the thread and taking the focus off the actual case.

Thanks.

Far too many TOS violation occurring in this discussion.

ALL members need to read Websleuths Terms of Service (aka The Rules) and familiarize themselves with what they agreed to upon joining Websleuths. The two thread titled "Etiquette & Information" and "Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc" contain the most important information that you need to know. Those rules are linked in my signature line at the bottom of this post.

If it is your theory or opinion, make that very clear rather than stating it as fact. Info stated as fact must be supported by MSM links, otherwise your post will be removed.

If what you state as fact cannot be supported by MSM or LE links, your post is considered rumor and rumors are NOT ALLOWED. "I read it somewhere" does not count to support your post. It will be removed.

ALL IMAGES require a link to the source. If you post an image without a link, it will be removed. That is a total waste of your time and effort, and ours.

Mods and Admins do not have time to babysit any thread 24/7. If members can't post responsibly and the TOS violations continue in this thread, it will just be closed with access only to a Media *NO DISCUSSION* thread.

Please read The Rules and post accordingly.

... All the below have been named in MSM in relation to the MM case and their initials used throughout these threads.
<rsbm>

Thank you Dlk79. Great work.

A link has been added to the opening post of this thread that connects to your above post. The link will carry forward whenever a new thread is started. At any time, members can just go to the opening post and click to take them to your post.

If members wish to have names added, just use the Report feature on the post (or jump off any post) to provide the new info and we will update your post.

PS: If we ever get time, we will go back and post the link in the previous 12 threads. Don't know when that might be but we'll try.

ADMIN NOTE:

A reminder that rumors, hearsay and innuendo are not allowed at Websleuths.

It is one thing for a member to make a mistake, but members who knowingly and repeatedly disregard this policy, just because they want to discuss what they want to discuss, face a loss of posting privileges.

What we don’t want, is CB the coward he is, to commit suicide before a trial.

I hope he’s under very very strict surveillance. If he is the perpetrator, I am sure he’s aware the world is about to hate on him severely.

I think I can see things here in road's van pic.

Red square: a house? (on top of some hill or something high).

Black square: top of an aqueduct or water spring?

upload_2020-7-27_12-14-7-png.257143
There's nothing to be seen ......

What we don’t want, is CB the coward he is, to commit suicide before a trial.

I hope he’s under very very strict surveillance. If he is the perpetrator, I am sure he’s aware the world is about to hate on him severely.

i read a quote that his fellow inmates consider him to be the 'most hated man on the planet'..and CB was aware of that.

It places a pre-paid phone that CB was known to have used in 2007 in PDL, just prior to the abduction. Where did he tell police he was on that night when they questioned him in 2013? In PDL or somewhere else? It's just some of the million questions we don't know the answers to at this stage and I personally don't see any reason to read much into that.

Why would we be told what evidence German LE have right now? They have been appealing for the other phone number to confirm it was indeed CB on the phone, and have said if that happens, they have enough to proceed with a charge (although they would also like more evidence - to ensure conviction). IMO they have something major tying him to this crime, hence the very unusual way they've gone about insisting his guilt. They don't have a body or any forensics, so to insist his guilt they must have a lot more than hearsay, unfortunately to get a conviction you need forensics, a body or witnesses.

JMO but I think they have a video or witnesses to a video but that isn't enough to ensure a conviction against CB if he can't be identified in it.

They may have any number of things

I was simply reacting to the idea this places him 'at the scene'

Based on other cases I have followed' detailed evidence over basic tower pings may not even place him in PDL depending on tower range.

A lot is being assumed based on accusation and propensity evidence but we still have not one piece of evidence tying him to the crime.

I am also going to bet there is no video.

If there was a video, the parents would have been informed the victim was abducted.

There is a good photo of the sliding window and the size of its opening being checked by Rebelo it is photo #6 at
Maddie McCann foi avistada 8685 vezes em 101 países - Portugal - Correio da Manhã
I'd always thought MMs bed was under that window but I've since looked at the layout and from what I can gather she slept at the opposite side of a small room with 2 travel cots. So if the window was the route out he'd also have squeezed past the twins

But her bed was almost as close to the front door faced the same direction led to the same car park and would be a far better exit. And less obvious should anyone walk past.

Doors were unlocked as we know from the statements but it's difficult to determine which ones. I suspect the patio door on the opposite side of the flat which faced the Tapas bar but couldn't really be seen was unlocked was could have been the one used by MO.

Has the flat layout already been discussed so I catch up

Also thinking of Smithman. CB seems to have had two quite distinctive vehicles - Jag and campervan - which people would have noticed . Were either reported in the area that night? If not it makes Smithman more interesting. Get her away from the vicinity before accessing distinctive vehicles

So the window now seems a real oddity. Neither a good way in or out. Unless he did hand her to someone.

ETA to add details of vehicles

Last edited:
According to whom or to what?

mrjitty's made a point that whilst the police have reported that they can place him at the scene from the mobile phone, he contests that you cannot pinpoint his location.

obviously he is questioning the information that has been released, as it didnt explicitly explain how they know of his location.

personally i think its moot but the mast analysis must have merit and geolocation services were alive and well in 2007 and his location on the night probably isnt the most damning evidence anyway.

I'd always thought MMs bed was under that window but I've since looked at the layout and from what I can gather she slept at the opposite side of a small room with 2 travel cots. So if the window was the route out he'd also have squeezed past the twins

But her bed was almost as close to the front door faced the same direction and would be a far better exit. And less obvious should anyone walk past.

Doors were unlocked as we know from the statements but it's difficult to determine which ones. I suspect the patio door on the opposite side of the flat which faced the Tapas bar but couldn't really be seen was unlocked was could have been the one used by MO.

So the window now seems a real oddity. Neither a good way in or out. Unless he did hand her to someone

he handed her to someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members