Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will translate the documents asap. The first police report is a request to locate the individual who contacted the grange operation team, giving information provided by SY(via the Greek police office in London)

Thanks C.greek

Well, if that's correct then there's no connection between his very early release and his statement to OG.

One must be polyglot to follow this case. Apart from English, also Portuguese, German and Greek are needed.

Thanks C.greek

Well, if that's correct then there's no connection between his very early release and his statement to OG.

One must be polyglot to follow this case. Apart from English, also Portuguese, German and Greek are needed.

I believe you're right M.
I also think the German Bar Confession on May 3 2017 has been misreported and fluffed up a little from bad translation of the Greek Docs reported earlier on in the case, or just through hearsay and put into the media echo chamber!
So I guess we can disregard the Hanover Bar confession now.

Last edited:
I believe you're right M.
I also think the German Bar Confession on May 3 2017 has been misreported and fluffed up a little from bad translation of the Greek Docs reported earlier on in the case, or just through hearsay and put into the media echo chamber!
So I guess we can rule out the Hanover Bar confession now.

I think so, Ted.

Thanks C.greek

haha MENDEL when I heard about the 'other suspect from another Country' in the undercover operation, my 1st thought was 'not another Countries Police Force coming in on the act is there?! - That is all's we DONT need! From day one, this case has been an absolute sham. Only thing left to investigate is the investigation! X

haha MENDEL when I heard about the 'other suspect from another Country' in the undercover operation, my 1st thought was 'not another Countries Police Force coming in on the act is there?! - That is all's we DONT need! From day one, this case has been an absolute sham. Only thing left to investigate is the investigation! X

希望其他嫌疑犯不在中国 :D:D:D

Thanks C.greek

It's hard to believe there's no connection, but I'll take it if there's evidence towards that.

Anyway:

"[...] χρησιμοποιούσε από τον Οκτώβριο του 2016 ένα κινητό κάτοχος του οποίου εμφανιζόταν μια γυναίκας βουλγαρικής καταγωγής που έμενε σε παροδο της οδού Λιοσίων." (1)

They say HB had used that woman's mobile since 2016. Then no doubt he had an illegal mobile in prison and could call OG therefrom.

Let's wait for July papers translation. It's crucial to know when he first called OG.

(1) Αποκαλυπτικά έγγραφα για την εξαφάνιση της Μαντλίν – Τi είχε δείξει έρευνα στην Ελλάδα για γερμανό ποινικό

Last edited:
It's hard to believe there's no connection, but I'll take it if there's evidence towards that.

Anyway:

"[...] χρησιμοποιούσε από τον Οκτώβριο του 2016 ένα κινητό κάτοχος του οποίου εμφανιζόταν μια γυναίκας βουλγαρικής καταγωγής που έμενε σε παροδο της οδού Λιοσίων." (1)

They say HB had used that woman's mobile since 2016. Then no doubt he had an illegal mobile in prison and could call OG therefrom.

Let's wait for July papers translation. It's crucial to know when he first called OG.

(1) Αποκαλυπτικά έγγραφα για την εξαφάνιση της Μαντλίν – Τi είχε δείξει έρευνα στην Ελλάδα για γερμανό ποινικό

Are you waiting for the article translation or the papers in the article to be translated?

Not that it matters but I' m not yet convinced about the release date of May 3rd 2017.

It matters a lot, Chiatos. That date is on police papers and C.greek guaranteed it's his release date.
I cannot guarantee yet! It is definitely though not the date he contacted grange. I am working now on understanding the abbreviations used in police records. Please bear with me. Just to let you know that these two police files are said to be "police cooperation"

It matters a lot, Chiatos. That date is on police papers and C.greek guaranteed it's his release date.

As far as I can see, the date of May 3rd 2017 (in what ever format) is not mentioned anywhere in those two pictures of the documents.

I cannot guarantee yet! It is definitely though not the date he contacted grange. I am working now on understanding the abbreviations used in police records. Please bear with me. Just to let you know that these two police files are said to be "police cooperation"

What I can deduce is that Greek police contacted OG in May 2017. The specific date in that month of May is not mentioned.
τον Μάιο = in May

Protecting the Portuguese tourist industry was more important than this little girl’s life.

As far as I can see, the date of May 3rd 2017 (in what ever format) is not mentioned anywhere in those two pictures of the documents.

I can't offer you a pair of glasses, Chiatos, but I'll try to make that clear.

ETA:

Chiatos, I think you mean paper 1 and that info is on paper 2.

Attachments

• IMG29.jpg
    IMG29.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Directorate of International Police Cooperation
SIRENE Department
(addresses and names and phone numbers follow)

Notification/Communication: 1) Directorate of Criminological Investigations 2) ΥΕΕΒΕ (CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION DEPARTMENT OF NORTHERN GREECE)
3) *possibly* Police station of Thessaloniki

Theme: Article 32 of Decision 2007/533 / JHA - MISSING PERSON - NATIONAL of UNITED KINGDOM McCann Madeleine, born 12/5/2003 - Registration by the Portuguese authorities

Athens, 18/7/2017 (18th of July 2017)
Electronic *trafficking?* for those ... who are connected to the POL network

To: 1) Initial Identity Search Branch (not sure how to translate this)
2) Thessaloniki Police Department
3) TA Omonia (Omonia Security Department)

1. We are letting you know that the minor in question is registered in SIS II under Article 32 (Measure for Missing Persons - Minors) by the Dutch authorities, as on 3/5/2007, at the age of four, she disappeared when she was on holiday with her parents at the tourist resort Praia da Luz in Portugal.
2. Following information we received from the Hellenic (Greek) Police Association in London, it is reported that the Metropolitan Police of London has submitted a request related to the "Grange" operation, which is active in gathering information and attempting to locate her, regarding the matter with the aforementioned minor.
3. More specifically, in May of this year a person who initially refused to disclose their identity, contacted the team of the Grange operation, but who afterwards admitted of being a German national and is named L***, born in 1971, and mentioned that he has information and would like to aid the British authorities in their searches. The one in question, who uses the no. 6*** mobile phone, stated that he lives in an area of Attica and that he was recently released after serving a sentence of 2 years and seven months for an offence he allegedly committed in 2011 - most likely a case of smuggling illegal immigrants. He further stated that he must report once a month to a police station (which he did not know to name but it is believed to be the Omonia Police Department) and that he has been barred from leaving the country. He also stated that in Greece he maintains friendly relations with a German citizen, about 60 years old. So far, the information he has given voluntarily and without any financial or other consideration to the Metropolitan Police regarding the case has been cross-checked and is considered a reliable source.
4. In order to fulfil (satisfy) the request of the London Metropolitan Police, please let us know of any available information which arises from the files kept by your Service.
5. The Services to which this document is notified are requested to be informed and to act competently and consequently inform us in this regard.
6. Please let your answers be communicated to the other recipients hereof for their information.

Thanks for the excellent translation, C.greek

Unfortunately this paper doesn't mention when he was released ("was recently released"), but confirms HB called OG "in May of this year".

Information had already been supplied by HB on July 18, 2017 ("the information [...] has been cross-checked and is considered a reliable source").

Last edited:
I can't offer you a pair of glasses, Chiatos, but I'll try to make that clear.

ETA:
Yes!
proxy-image

Directorate of International Police Cooperation
SIRENE Department
(addresses and names and phone numbers follow)

Notification/Communication: 1) Directorate of Criminological Investigations 2) ΥΕΕΒΕ (CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION DEPARTMENT OF NORTHERN GREECE)
3) *possibly* Police station of Thessaloniki

Theme: Article 32 of Decision 2007/533 / JHA - MISSING PERSON - NATIONAL of UNITED KINGDOM McCann Madeleine, born 12/5/2003 - Registration by the Portuguese authorities

Athens, 18/7/2017 (18th of July 2017)
Electronic *trafficking?* for those ... who are connected to the POL network

To: 1) Initial Identity Search Branch (not sure how to translate this)
2) Thessaloniki Police Department
3) TA Omonia (Omonia Security Department)

1. We are letting you know that the minor in question is registered in SIS II under Article 32 (Measure for Missing Persons - Minors) by the Dutch authorities, as on 3/5/2007, at the age of four, she disappeared when she was on holiday with her parents at the tourist resort Praia da Luz in Portugal.
2. Following information we received from the Hellenic (Greek) Police Association in London, it is reported that the Metropolitan Police of London has submitted a request related to the "Grange" operation, which is active in gathering information and attempting to locate her, regarding the matter with the aforementioned minor.
3. More specifically, in May of this year a person who initially refused to disclose their identity, contacted the team of the Grange operation, but who afterwards admitted of being a German national and is named L***, born in 1971, and mentioned that he has information and would like to aid the British authorities in their searches. The one in question, who uses the no. 6*** mobile phone, stated that he lives in an area of Attica and that he was recently released after serving a sentence of 2 years and seven months for an offence he allegedly committed in 2011 - most likely a case of smuggling illegal immigrants. He further stated that he must report once a month to a police station (which he did not know to name but it is believed to be the Omonia Police Department) and that he has been barred from leaving the country. He also stated that in Greece he maintains friendly relations with a German citizen, about 60 years old. So far, the information he has given voluntarily and without any financial or other consideration to the Metropolitan Police regarding the case has been cross-checked and is considered a reliable source.
4. In order to fulfil (satisfy) the request of the London Metropolitan Police, please let us know of any available information which arises from the files kept by your Service.
5. The Services to which this document is notified are requested to be informed and to act competently and consequently inform us in this regard.
6. Please let your answers be communicated to the other recipients hereof for their information.
Thank you for the translation!
If he was in prison for 2 years and 7 months, and released on May 3rd 2017, then he was imprisoned before April 2015.
However HB was imprisoned on April 9th, 2015.

Could you also translate this small part of the other document? TIA!
tHIPsR5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member