Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is no pressure on UK police or PJ. Both would probably prefer the case to stay out of the media unless there is a real breakthrough.

All the pressure is on the germans - but again, they may well prefer no more media coverage, as the tone of the coverage doesn't look good for them lately.

The PJ have been under the microscope on this global case for 13 years. The UK tax payers have coughed up £12m quid for Operation Grange. If there is something to report from the Germans, both governments will want to know. They are obviously not under pressure to charge/dismiss CB but it’s a fair assumption that they are under pressure to deliver some kind of a result.

I’m also not sure what you mean by the tone of the coverage. The only slightly negative coverage has been from the UK tabloids. I think the Leveson Enquiry showed that they would do just about anything to flog newspapers so spinning a negative slant on German LE just to get MM on the cover of a paper is pretty much meaningless.

Time will tell but for now, my money is on no news is good news and hopefully in the near future things will ramp up.

The PJ have been under the microscope on this global case for 13 years. The UK tax payers have coughed up £12m quid for Operation Grange. If there is something to report from the Germans, both governments will want to know. They are obviously not under pressure to charge/dismiss CB but it’s a fair assumption that they are under pressure to deliver some kind of a result.

This is why I mean PJ and Met probably both prefer no coverage. PJ tried to bury the case 13 years ago. They don't want it coming back, unless it is a real resolution. But also, so long as it stays out of their local media, what do they care.

So long as it remains missing persons, there is no crime on the books

I’m also not sure what you mean by the tone of the coverage. The only slightly negative coverage has been from the UK tabloids. I think the Leveson Enquiry showed that they would do just about anything to flog newspapers so spinning a negative slant on German LE just to get MM on the cover of a paper is pretty much meaningless.

Time will tell but for now, my money is on no news is good news and hopefully in the near future things will ramp up.

A false dawn will inevitably lead to very unfavourable coverage for HCW - you could already see the tone in the exclusive he did with Sky. That's why he stopped doing that stuff IMO.

Anyway - here we are, thread 20, nothing has really happened in months, but always there is high activity behind the scenes.

I remain pretty dubious as to what HCW has done - but maybe he'll prove me wrong. I hope so for his sake!

Time to join the Redwine trial for some action!

When 12m has been thrown at something, you'd expect the whole european pedo ring to be captured, however, as there is little progress at all - as evident by the non arrest warrant/no charge for CB, it becomes more and more likely imo that there aren't others involved otherwise the cash flying around for information would have given answers. The prosection is struggling hence no further interviews, FF does not need to do anything atm. The CB phonecall received from a prepaid vodaphone to his prepaid vodaphone puts him in the radius of the crime but we knew he lived nearby anyway. This was a holiday resort in the algarve in 07, lots of dodgy drifter low level criminal types hung around these places. The criminal bar conversation where he supposed confessed is possibly the only thing they have to go with and the only concrete thing that may have come up in 14yrs... Maybe he did it, maybe he didn't seems to summarise this investigation, whether this is enough to question the suspect CB seems unlikely imo

When 12m has been thrown at something, you'd expect the whole european pedo ring to be captured, however, as there is little progress at all - as evident by the non arrest warrant/no charge for CB, it becomes more and more likely imo that there aren't others involved otherwise the cash flying around for information would have given answers. The prosection is struggling hence no further interviews, FF does not need to do anything atm. The CB phonecall received from a prepaid vodaphone to his prepaid vodaphone puts him in the radius of the crime but we knew he lived nearby anyway. This was a holiday resort in the algarve in 07, lots of dodgy drifter low level criminal types hung around these places. The criminal bar conversation where he supposed confessed is possibly the only thing they have to go with and the only concrete thing that may have come up in 14yrs... Maybe he did it, maybe he didn't seems to summarise this investigation, whether this is enough to question the suspect CB seems unlikely imo

My prediction - just so I have some skin in the game - is that they get CB on other charges and have to settle for that.

Over to you Herr Wolters!

We really don’t know what progress there is or isn’t but I don’t think not charging CB is evidence of no progress - for all we know they could be putting the finishing touches on a watertight case.

I don’t know what the lack of media reporting means, perhaps it means nothing but I am hopeful it charging CB is imminent.

We really don’t know what progress there is or isn’t but I don’t think not charging CB is evidence of no progress - for all we know they could be putting the finishing touches on a watertight case.

I don’t know what the lack of media reporting means, perhaps it means nothing but I am hopeful it charging CB is imminent.

HCW was quoted in The Sun this evening as saying : ''I cannot say how long our investigation will go on for but I know there will be no developments this year, in 2020. We had hoped to charge him but that has not been possible.

''Maybe we hope to have something by the Spring of 2021, maybe it could take longer but certainly nothing this year.

''We have some evidence against our suspect but it is not strong enough. We have proof that he was involved and that he killed Madeleine but it's not strong enough to charge him.

''We need more evidence and more witnesses but if we don't get them then the case may drop but we hope that will not happen and he will be charged.''

i think you are correct. The phone call is just a part of a bigger picture, that places CB in the general area.

But seeing he lived in the general area, by itself it doesn't prove much.

Depends what his alibi was for that evening. If he said he was in Germany for example, being in general area is enough to disprove his alibi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member