Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
re. Braunschweig garden hut hole..just noticed on Ep2 of Discovery+ , manager Jurgen Krumstroh says it was tenant prior to CB that started digging a hole and CB was told to fill it in when he took over in Sept. 13.
Of course maybe CB carried on digging for whatever reason ...but seems he didn't start it.... perhaps he was attracted to that hut because of the existing "hole " .
Is remote chance , but did he know of this, and choose this hut, after contact with previous owner , or someone else in the know, perhaps..?
Longshot...but meaning that person may know useful details about CB..?
There are reports that CB was at the allotment as early as April 2013, maybe friends with the previous tenant?

There are reports that CB was at the allotment as early as April 2013, maybe friends with the previous tenant?

Perhaps that person should be looked into / interviewed for info , even if completely innocent..(maybe has been) ?
Seems a bit coincidental that CB should just "happen" to take over / know about /…. a hut with a ready made "cellar or hole " , bearing in mind his previous comments about hiding things...imo

Last edited:
And why does the article say: An email shows a Spanish camper van driver was traced and eliminated by detectives
A Spanish driver was the owner of a German van?
(No mention of the driver's nationality in that e-mail. One can assume that the owner was German.)
Madeleine McCann: Suspect Christian B was 'tipped off by Praia da Luz hotel worker'
My bad, the email in the PJ files doesn't actually state that the owner was German, not sure where Sky got the Spanish info from though.

And why does the article say: An email shows a Spanish camper van driver was traced and eliminated by detectives
A Spanish driver was the owner of a German van?
(No mention of the driver's nationality in that e-mail. One can assume that the owner was German.)
Madeleine McCann: Suspect Christian B was 'tipped off by Praia da Luz hotel worker'

The owner must have been traced by the plates. The email is two-weeks after the sighting. I think the only way CB could have been driving 28 May and also able to cover up the investigation from Leicester Police is if the VW was registered to him in Germany. I don’t think it’s ever been confirmed that he was the actual owner of the VW so I’m not sure any of this works?

My bad, the email in the PJ files doesn't actually state that the owner was German, not sure where Sky got the Spanish info from though.
Not your bad, unless you're Martin Brunt!
The mail says that the owner of the German van had been traced. That owner declared being on holiday (in Spain) together with his very young daughter. (Where was the mother of this very young child?)
The mail does not disclose the nationality of the driver. Therefore one may deduce that the driver was from Germany.

Furthermore: witness Juan recognised CB as the driver.
I found shallow grave and surgical scissors at grim lair of Maddie suspect
And we all know that CB does not have any Spanish features ...

Would LE have questioned a Spanish owner in relation to that sighting? If so, was that Spaniard telling the truth?
On holiday with his very young daughter who by the way had very Northern European features?

The owner must have been traced by the plates. The email is two-weeks after the sighting. I think the only way CB could have been driving 28 May and also able to cover up the investigation from Leicester Police is if the VW was registered to him in Germany. I don’t think it’s ever been confirmed that he was the actual owner of the VW so I’m not sure any of this works?
CB's ownership of the van at the time has indeed not been confirmed.
But the number plate could be the link here.

re. Braunschweig garden hut hole..just noticed on Ep2 of Discovery+ , manager Jurgen Krumstroh says it was tenant prior to CB that started digging a hole and CB was told to fill it in when he took over in Sept. 13.
Of course maybe CB carried on digging for whatever reason ...but seems he didn't start it.... perhaps he was attracted to that hut because of the existing "hole " .
Is remote chance , but did he know of this, and choose this hut, after contact with previous owner , or someone else in the know, perhaps..?
Longshot...but meaning that person may know useful details about CB..?

Like i said a page or so ago, this is likely a giant red herring.

There is no sinister cellar - just like in the latest reporting, all the bottles of booze etc in the factory will be from local kids who drink there. CB has been in jail for years!

The "shallow grave" is likely a police excavation. There is no grave.

This is the same Jon Clarke who cast all manner of spurious doubts on Robert Murat, yes? And continued to do so well beyond Murat being cleared of arguido status? That Jon Clarke?

Yeah. No.

Nothing but a self-serving hack. Which makes HCW look equally desperate by giving him and his tabloid sensationalism time of day.

Why does HCW engage with these people? I mean really, why? How can he not be aware of how much they detract from the image of professionalism he and his team surely want to viewed?

In short, all HCW now represents is this seriously damaging narrative of 'we have evidence but we don't have enough and we may never have enough but we may get more or we may not get more but you have to trust us that we maybe might get more or maybe not and so that might be that but we still might so and then...' and on and then and on...

He's certainly providing CB with all the ammunition he needs for his cartoons.

No wonder CB's lawyers are happy to let HWC hog the limelight.

Last edited:
This is the same Jon Clarke who cast all manner of spurious doubts on Robert Murat, yes? And continued to do so well beyond Murat being cleared of arguido status? That Jon Clarke?

Yeah. No.

Nothing but a self-serving hack. Which makes HCW look equally desperate by giving him and his tabloid sensationalism time of day.

Why does HCW engage with these people? I mean really, why? How can he not be aware of how much they detract from the image of professionalism he and his team surely want to viewed?

In short, we have evidence but we don't have enough and we may never have enough but we may get more or we may not get more but you have to trust us that we maybe might get more or maybe not and so that might be that but we still might so and then and on and then and on...

HCW certainly seems to do many more interviews than anyone from active OG or PJ for example.
My guess is he's prepared to put up with doing that in order to keep the case alive in people's heads...
Perhaps he hopes that might lead to someone providing some more info he needs to make case stronger against CB.
He seems to have no problem making it public that they don't have strong enough evidence against CB and indeed states that often in the interviews.
Whether or not will work is I guess an unknown so far...

Last edited:
HCW certainly seems to do many more interviews than anyone from active OG or PJ for example.
My guess is he's prepared to put up with doing that in order to keep the case alive in people's heads...
Guess he hopes that might lead to someone providing some more info he needs to make case stronger against CB.
He seems to have no problem making it public that they don't have enough evidence against CB and indeed states that often in the interviews.

It's just such a bad look, 14 months after his media blitz where he named CB as MM's murderer. Named him! Said he abducted and killed MM! Said he knew this for a fact!

To still be so far away from the initial charge and still so lacking in the evidence that he claimed would make the above a fact and would take CB to court and charged and imprisoned, is shameful.

That he's reduced to engaging with the likes of the very dodgy Mark William Thomas and equally dodgy random Sun 'journalists' like Jon Clarke speaks volumes.

I honestly thought HCW had more about him than ^this.

Last edited:
It's just such a bad look, 14 months after his media blitz where he named CB as MM's murderer. Named him! Said he abducted and killed MM! Said he knew this for a fact!

To still be so far away from the initial charge and still so lacking in the evidence that he claimed would make the above a fact and would take CB to court and charged and imprisoned, is shameful.

That he's reduced to engaging with the likes of the very dodgy Mark William Thomas and equally dodgy random Sun 'journalists' like Jon Clarke speaks volumes.

It is a bit baffling...
Another time where someone was named by police but not charged is J.Cannan in S.Lamplugh case.
I think Cannan may have once threatened a lawsuit ( not 100 % sure of this though) , as CB may do if he is not charged .
However perhaps HCW just needs some more time and will charge eventually…alternative explanation is he just feels a duty to do some interviews as is probably asked all the time…

Last edited:

Yeah. No.

In short, all HCW now represents is this seriously damaging narrative of 'we have evidence but we don't have enough and we may never have enough but we may get more or we may not get more but you have to trust us that we maybe might get more or maybe not and so that might be that but we still might so and then...' and on and then and on...

What is bad about this interview is Clarke sets up narratives that run across what HCW has announced.

So I get doing media, but generally the idea is to get your key messages out - not to have tabloid conspiracies promoted.

I think he got gassed on the limelight.

Apparently a couple of photographs were made of the Volkswagen van including its number plate on the day of its sighting. It seems that they were made by the eye witness of the sighting:
apenso5_vol_6_p1347.jpg

The individual / driver was speaking on his mobile phone in English.
And (later?) he spoke "in German for(?) her (= the young child)". Ele falou em Alemão para(?) ela.
(I assume it says "Alemão")

I’ve found John Clarke’s reports interesting since CB became a suspect his paper the Olive Press has translated most of the info that came out from the Sextas9 reports on Portuguese tv . I’d be interested to hear what other info he has found out from acquaintances of CB whilst conducting these interviews.

Interesting discussion in here, according to the way the prosecutors keep investigating and the reaction of both parties.

Like "Lawyers vs. Parents - Garden Warfare".

IMO the arguments of both sides have to be kept as serious! Although i have my view on CB and it's pretty clear, i understand the other opinion. To keep the investigations running for years, doesn't seem to be satisfying for everbody, certainly not at all for the MC's.

So let's hope, that 2022 will be a year of clarity for all parties!

Last edited:
Apparently a couple of photographs were made of the Volkswagen van including its number plate on the day of its sighting. It seems that they were made by the eye witness of the sighting:
apenso5_vol_6_p1347.jpg

The individual / driver was speaking on his mobile phone in English.
And (later?) he spoke "in German for(?) her (= the young child)". Ele falou em Alemão para(?) ela.
(I assume it says "Alemão")

So if these photos are of CB’s VW T3, in addition to the witness statement, they could be a strong piece of “concrete” evidence?

I’ve found John Clarke’s reports interesting since CB became a suspect his paper the Olive Press has translated most of the info that came out from the Sextas9 reports on Portuguese tv . I’d be interested to hear what other info he has found out from acquaintances of CB whilst conducting these interviews.

Do you have a link to any of the better stuff please?

Yeah. No.

I agree with much of what you’re saying but I am still highly suspect of Robert Murat, it wouldn’t surprise me if he had a hand in it somehow. He changed his account of what happened on the run up to MM’s disappearance significantly once he was aware that the PJ had tracked his phone data - why? Suspicious behaviour will cause people to raise doubts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288