Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the argument that CB/FF "would be crazy" to reveal his alibi before seeing the prosecution's case dossier is now obsolete. So the next question is, why now? Why has it taken 20 months since the appeal went public for him to offer up an alibi? And why do it through someone like MWT who doesn't exactly have the greatest reputation? Maybe that's exactly why they've used MWT though, specifically because of his past work on Pistorius etc.

It feels almost engineered, a way for FF to claim proof that his client was plausibly elsewhere to put the onus on the prosecution to prove this account is untrue. It seems risky that they are putting this out there without knowing whether HCW already has proof to show otherwise. But maybe that's the point, by revealing his "alibi" now, they may feel it gives his story more credibility at trial than doing it after they've seen what evidence exists against him and then tailoring an alibi to suit.

Perhaps, as has been discussed, there was more than one person was involved. And while CB had used the phone number mentioned in the appeal, he knows it was actually in someone else's hands during that half hour call. And therefore, this is the time period his "alibi" relates to because he knows he was actually somewhere else at that time. Maybe on the other end of the call even.

Either way, this alibi sounds anything but rock solid.

I don't know why specifically FF may have done this, but I have seen it in other cases where the defence advances facts and justifications outside of the legal process via PR channels. e.g. the Pistorius case itself where, IIRC Pistorius' interview with MWT differed from his trial testimony - and was presumably intended to influence the judge (i think in the sentencing).

If CB revealed this "alibi" in a police interview it would be admissible in any trial. This way, FF can put out narratives which don't commit them. Presumably the idea is to create media narratives that the prosecutor has a weak case.

Why ? its 5 miles give or take, when I first had a mobile the nearest mast to here was about that distance, no one could pinpoint the exact location if the coverage is in a circle away from the mast.

Depends if the prosecution was given the azimuth data. That gives a rough direction - in the McStay case IIRC the azimuth was basically a 120 degree arc.

I think that is exactly FF's aim, to promote doubt.

RSBM

He might be trying to cause political issues for HCW by generating bad media.

It's already gone on for 18 months, for a case which didn't take place in germany, the victim is not german and the tabloids love raking over it. There is also little domestic german interest

Presumably at some point, the prosecutors office would question whether it's worth it (unless HCW has good prospects).

This is why I was always always a bit surprised that a german prosecutor ever wanted to get involved in this case

I don't know why specifically FF may have done this, but I have seen it in other cases where the defence advances facts and justifications outside of the legal process via PR channels. e.g. the Pistorius case itself where, IIRC Pistorius' interview with MWT differed from his trial testimony - and was presumably intended to influence the judge (i think in the sentencing).

If CB revealed this "alibi" in a police interview it would be admissible in any trial. This way, FF can put out narratives which don't commit them. Presumably the idea is to create media narratives that the prosecutor has a weak case.

In this case when there is no jury, how could it influence anybody? I mean okay Pistorius was a big name and everybody knew him - but CB? If the suspect is ever charged, and If the prosecution would be allowed to bring to court CB's previous convictions how would such an alibi in the press influence anyone? I get your second point about media narratives and I would agree this could be the case. But nobody in power to do sth in this case could be influenced, right?

RSBM

He might be trying to cause political issues for HCW by generating bad media.

It's already gone on for 18 months, for a case which didn't take place in germany, the victim is not german and the tabloids love raking over it. There is also little domestic german interest

Presumably at some point, the prosecutors office would question whether it's worth it (unless HCW has good prospects).

This is why I was always always a bit surprised that a german prosecutor ever wanted to get involved in this case
Who would though prosecute? Isn't CB in BKA's jurisdiction?

Is it just me or has the podcast she did with HiDeHo3 been deleted? It was definitely still on there yesterday or the day before.

I wonder if she removed it after the additional details about the MWT doc came out last night. There seems to be a lot of contradictions and confusion about who this "alibi" woman is. GA said it was the woman with the mace. CMTV claimed the woman with the mace was NF (another CB girlfriend). IM claimed GA had indicated to her that it was a different girlfriend called AL and it was her who had the mace. But assuming AL is the person GA was talking about, GA claims she is 41 years old. Yet in the MWT summary, it says this girlfriend was only 18 at the time which would mean it couldn't be the same person, unless someone has got the age wrong. Also, in that deleted podcast, I'm sure I remember IM had indicated that the alibi involved proving CB wasn't even in Portugal at the time, which again doesn't seem to tie up with what MWT is saying about it in terms of him being half an hour away. And god knows where the "horrible job" british girlfriend fits into all of this.

Very confusing....
Imo It appears that the horrible job British girlfriend was CB's 'main' gf at the time and he could have put a bit of drama to explain why she wouldn't see him for a while since perhaps he was planning of spending his days and night with the 'fling'. I am just trying to make sense of all this! Jmo

In this case when there is no jury, how could it influence anybody? I mean okay Pistorius was a big name and everybody knew him - but CB? If the suspect is ever charged, and If the prosecution would be allowed to bring to court CB's previous convictions how would such an alibi in the press influence anyone? I get your second point about media narratives and I would agree this could be the case. But nobody in power to do sth in this case could be influenced, right?

Pistorius also had no jury.
Knox had no jury

Like I say, defendants routinely use PR strategies in big cases. I agree CB is no big cheese, but this is one of the most famous cases ever

Who would though prosecute? Isn't CB in BKA's jurisdiction?

My point was not who can prosecute it but rather it is not a domestic case so unlike PJ, who were under significant pressure to clear it, or the Met who got handed a political hot potato they never wanted, BKA/HCW never needed to take this on, or go public. In some respects, who would want this nightmare of a case on their desk, on top of all your domestic crime?

BKA/HCW never needed to take this on, or go public. In some respects, who would want this nightmare of a case on their desk, on top of all your domestic crime?
IMO this is probably the most pertinent thing to consider when questioning whether the BKA case against CB is reallly credible or not.

I can't see any reason why they'd take this case on for this amount of time, money and resource unless they weren't absolutely convinced he was guilty and they could prove it.

I just get the feeling we've only seen the tip of the iceberg and there's a lot of surprises to come over the next 12 months, in and out of court.

We've touched on it here before but another claim in GA's book relates to documents found in the Neuwegersleben raid.

He says they found 6 pen-drives and 2 memory cards which contained photos of children, including those of an unknown child in sensual poses (later discovered to be the daughter of CB's girlfriend at the time). Plus 2 Word document "books" which BKA describe as autobiographic writings authored by CB. The books are said to document serious sexual abuse against children and other criminal acts carried out by CB and friends of his.

If it's true, and CB really was dumb enough to document a number of crimes he was responsible for, then it's possible he has written of his involvement in MM. And it's possible that this account tallies with whatever information HB gave to SY regarding the confession.

It makes me wonder if one of the main tactics of this whole appeal was to find evidence and charge CB with a number of the other crimes first, which he may have also written about. If BKA can convict him for some of those other crimes, proving them using other evidence, it makes any defence argument that the book is just "fantasy" writing far less credible.

Could also explain a number of other comments BKA have made as well as their absolute confidence that CB is guilty.
My feeling too for some time. I've speculated on the "match" between HB's testimony and CB's notes/draws/books, "telling the same story". But is this the "concrete evidence"?!
If a "similar" match is found in other CB's crimes,,,the reality behind fantasy...

It's a Portuguese /American woman, anti McCann (died in 5A pusher) initials I.M who has written to CB in prison and has received a reply from him. (Thanks to sharkbite for flagging this info a week or so ago)

Yet another gullible woman who he has been able to charm - IMO!
Thanks Ted, yup have her now, seems he is a real charmer eh ?:eek: unreal.

Also some people give false alibi's

Pistorius also had no jury.
Knox had no jury

Like I say, defendants routinely use PR strategies in big cases. I agree CB is no big cheese, but this is one of the most famous cases ever

For that reason the BKA have to be right and then some, one shadow of doubt and the brit press will be all over it with this witness and that witness coming out the woodwork.

Bump for misty please.

But that doesn't answer the phone ending in 680 and supposed pictures ending up in the factory, how is it known this is the phone and subsequent photo's are from this phone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname