Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Sandra F clearly hasn't learned her lesson about going round making accusations based on leaked "evidence"

What is the point of her "journalism" here is what this I ask? If the evidence exists, one assumes it will be tested in court. What is gained by ambushing HCW with it?

Maybe a gap between the journalists knowlegde and the knowledge of HCW. The verdict based on non forensic evidence is known since 2020, HCW repeatedly confirmed, that there is no forensic evidence. But investigating fibers e.g. are typical forensics!

IF the van is still being investigated by portugese authorities and they may have found things like fibers e.g., it is possible that this info leaks out to portugese journalists more quickly, than a border crossing cooperation between police forces would work.

Hard to imagine, that a southern european laboraty picks up the phone and informes te BKA about a possible match.

Maybe SF just told him something, he didn't even know at the time, the interview took place?!

Last edited:
Madeleine McCann: ‘new evidence’ linked to suspect found, prosecutor says

Hans Christian Wolters said in an interview on Portuguese television that investigators believed they had found “some facts, some new evidence, not forensic evidence.”

Wolters, who has been investigating Brückner since 2020 over the Madeleine case and other alleged offences, was asked in the TV interview whether it was true that German investigators had found something belonging to Madeleine in a caravan used by Brückner. “You can’t deny it, can you?” the CMTV interviewer asked.

Wolters replied: “I don’t want to deny it.”

He added: “We are sure that he is the murderer of Madeleine McCann. We are sure that he killed Madeleine McCann. The investigation is still going on and I think we found some new facts, some new evidence – not forensic evidence, but evidence.”

Maybe a gap between the journalists knowlegde and the knowledge of HCW. The verdict based on non forensic evidence is known since 2020, HCW repeatedly confirmed, that there is no forensic evidence. But investigating fibers e.g. are typical forensics!

IF the van is still being investigated by portugese authorities and they may have found things like fibers e.g., it is possible that this info leaks out to portugese journalists more quickly, than a boarder crossing cooperation between police forces would work.

Hard to imagine, that a southern european laboraty picks up the phone and informes te BKA about a possible match.

Maybe SF just told him something, he didn't even know at the time, the interview took place?!
See bolded text; I honestly don't believe HCW wouldn't have known at that time!
He knew already.

Madeleine McCann: ‘new evidence’ linked to suspect found, prosecutor says

Hans Christian Wolters said in an interview on Portuguese television that investigators believed they had found “some facts, some new evidence, not forensic evidence.”

Wolters, who has been investigating Brückner since 2020 over the Madeleine case and other alleged offences, was asked in the TV interview whether it was true that German investigators had found something belonging to Madeleine in a caravan used by Brückner. “You can’t deny it, can you?” the CMTV interviewer asked.

Wolters replied: “I don’t want to deny it.”

He added: “We are sure that he is the murderer of Madeleine McCann. We are sure that he killed Madeleine McCann. The investigation is still going on and I think we found some new facts, some new evidence – not forensic evidence, but evidence.”
I have the impression that HCW's forensic evidence equals to bodily evidence.

The defence could always invent that MM's pyjama could have ended up in CB's van by coincidence. Without MM in the pyjama in that instant.
One would need much fantasy of course to back that up: for instance, CB found the pj lying in the street (how would it have got there?), picked it up and placed it in his van.
..... That's perhaps why HCW speaks of evidence and not of forensic evidence.

See bolded text; I honestly don't believe HCW wouldn't have known at that time!
He knew already.

There is also chance that HCW was just meaning that since 2020 they have got some new evidence of some sort , completely separate from any recent news about pyjamas / campervan etc.
He might be referring to some other as yet unknown evidence...
Who knows ...apart from HCW..

I have the impression that HCW's forensic evidence equals to bodily evidence.

The defence could always invent that MM's pyjama could have ended up in CB's van by coincidence. Without MM in the pyjama in that instant.
One would need much fantasy of course to back that up: for instance, CB found the pj lying in the street (how would it have got there?), picked it up and placed it in his van.
..... That's perhaps why HCW speaks of evidence and not of forensic evidence.

Possible, yes! But a prosecutor who's definition of "forensic evidence" just bases on biological circumstances?

I don't think so....

In 2020 he used the term: "No forensic evidence like a body or dna." So he knows the difference.

Last edited:
There is also chance that HCW was just meaning that since 2020 they have got some new evidence of some sort , completely separate from any recent news about pyjamas / campervan etc.
He might be referring to some other as yet unknown evidence...
Who knows ...apart from HCW..

That's what i'm trying to say. The portugese seem to be running their own game and, like the german prosecutors as well, to decide which info they are willing to share and which not. SF shouldn't have that alleged "bombshell" info from german police forces.

If it's not just a telltale game, of course.

Possible, yes! But a prosecutor who's definition of "forensic evidence" just bases on biological circumstances?

I don't think so....
I think the new evidence HCW speaks of must be different... also 'something belonging to MM' could be an overstatement by SF given to her by her sources in the PJ... or Maybe the BKA have not yet had the time to process fully whatever was found in the van and that is why HCW is saying no forensic evidence yet. I think the latter is a much more viable hypothesis...jmo

I don't think so....

In 2020 he used the term: "No forensic evidence like a body or dna." So he knows the difference.
Super .... in that statement HCW actually pretty much said what I am saying ... ;)
Forensic evidence as in evidence pertaining to a body. Biological evidence or even imagery for that matter.

But we all know that finding an item in CB's van, an item that used to belong to MM, certainly points towards CB's involvement.

Super .... in that statement HCW actually pretty much said what I am saying ... ;)
Forensic evidence as in evidence pertaining to a body. Biological evidence or even imagery for that matter.

But we all know that finding an item in CB's van, an item that used to belong to MM, certainly points towards CB's involvement.
It certain would, if it happens to be true.

CB's lawyer has something to say.
Lawyer for Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brueckner slams 'bull***t' claims of German prosecutor who said he was 'SURE he is Maddie's murderer'
Speaking exclusively to MailOnline, Friedrich Fulscher said: 'This is bulls**t. Listen to the interview, the prosecutor said they had new evidence but he then says it not forensic evidence.

'Are fibres not forensic evidence? For almost two years we have tried to access the Madeleine McCann files from the prosecutor so we can see the evidence but so far nothing.

'The position is still the same, he denies any involvement and we will not be saying anything further until we see the files'.

'We are SURE Christian Brueckner is the murderer of Madeleine McCann', says German prosecutor | Daily Mail Online

CB's lawyer has something to say.
Lawyer for Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brueckner slams 'bull***t' claims of German prosecutor who said he was 'SURE he is Maddie's murderer'
Speaking exclusively to MailOnline, Friedrich Fulscher said: 'This is bulls**t. Listen to the interview, the prosecutor said they had new evidence but he then says it not forensic evidence.

'Are fibres not forensic evidence? For almost two years we have tried to access the Madeleine McCann files from the prosecutor so we can see the evidence but so far nothing.

'The position is still the same, he denies any involvement and we will not be saying anything further until we see the files'.

'We are SURE Christian Brueckner is the murderer of Madeleine McCann', says German prosecutor | Daily Mail Online

Being sure is not the same as being correct.

IF the van is still being investigated by portugese authorities and they may have found things like fibers e.g., it is possible that this info leaks out to portugese journalists more quickly, than a border crossing cooperation between police forces would work.

I don't really understand why HCW is even doing this interview with SF - what is the purpose?

Fibres would certainly be forensic evidence. It would be necessary to conduct scientific analysis to prove they originated from a particular garment by microscopic analysis

I don't really understand why HCW is even doing this interview with SF - what is the purpose?
Because she asked and it has been a while since he last gave an interview? Simple as that, showing there is still movement in the cases and nothing has stalled? Jmo

I do not understand it as well.

If the investigations got stuck on a particular point, no need to do an interview and confirm it, especially in this case with it's attention from the media.

If the investigations are going on successfully, no need to do an interview and confirm it, especially in this case with it's attention from the media because every journalist would ask, what they have.

So....some kind of enigma to me.

Fibres would certainly be forensic evidence. It would be necessary to conduct scientific analysis to prove they originated from a particular garment by microscopic analysis

While I certainly agree fibres constitute forensics, HCW had qualified forensics as DNA or a body in a statement quoted above. Maybe he narrowed this definition on purpose and qualified it thus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisstanchak