Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps the strategy is to wait and see what charges are forthcoming before mounting a defence .
His lawyer is no doubt currently busy with the rape and child abuse charges that CB is facing.
Yes, but seems that on both sides (BKA and FF/CB) on MM, the evidences (positive and negative ones) are poor.

His claim of knowledge is a fair point, but was he not trying to impress another sex criminal with boasts? And he's clearly got a screw loose, otherwise he wouldn't be doing any of this stuff to begin with, right? His known criminal history means he fits the crime, but then if one looked hard enough, probably quite a few others of his ilk fit it too.

Again as with the Lamplugh case, there is (for me) a crucial missing piece of exactly what happened that nobody seems able to fill in. With Lamplugh, there is a supposed sighting of her leaving a house she had shown to Mr. Ki(dna)pper. Yet the police immediately forensicated the house and have never, ever confirmed they found any sign of her - fingerprints etc - inside it. If they had, it would uphold the sighting and their hypothesis. But not a dicky bird. So was she ever there? Does the complete silence not show she never was?

With CB, the equivalent screaming question is what explains the parents' initial claims the bedroom window was open when the photos show it was not. Exactly how is MM supposed to have been taken from that room? I have my own speculations about what could have happened, but until someone states exactly what took place, and it jives with everything we know from elsewhere, then to me CB's claims sound like attention seeking.
re. bolded bit ^ .. regarding shutters at least , in KM book it says when M’s went to room after MM missing …

“In the children’s room, Gerry lowered the shutter at the open window. Rushing outside, he made the sickening discovery that it could be raised from this side, too, not just from inside as we’d thought.”

Maybe he also closed window , as well as lowering shutter , when testing them ?
Ok ..maybe not a good idea , but in the heat of the moment and stress , understandable.

re. bolded bit ^ .. regarding shutters at least , in KM book it says when M’s went to room after MM missing …

“In the children’s room, Gerry lowered the shutter at the open window. Rushing outside, he made the sickening discovery that it could be raised from this side, too, not just from inside as we’d thought.”

Ok ..maybe not a good idea , but in the heat of the moment and stress , understandable.
I disagree with that last bit.
If I was faced with a missing child, the last thing I would be bothering with was how it actually happened. That doesn't help in getting the child back.

Yes, but if it was so obvious he is not the man, wouldn't an alibi appear meanwhile? FF has even mocked ..."you will fall off your chair" with new relevations he apparently had. Even to "clean" CB from what they think is an absurd and expose BKA to ridicule.
But the opposite is also and more pertinent imo, the prosecution have to prove, he (CB) could have been in Luz and had nothing to do with it, as West londoner pointed out, how is Madeleine supposed to have been spirited out of 5a, no one can seem to answer that question in a positive manner only speaking from opinion.
Back to grange a minute, way back when, Hogan Howe a MET commisioner spoke of one critical line of enquiry, in 2017 Rowley talked of critical lines, years later ,2023 more funding suggests what ever they were onto doesn't lead to CB, imo.

Yet only Kates finger prints were to be found.

I disagree with that last bit.
If I was faced with a missing child, the last thing I would be bothering with was how it actually happened. That doesn't help in getting the child back.
I hear your point but I guess different people react in different ways when in extreme situations .

Yet only Kates finger prints were to be found.
Yes .. but were there not also some unusable prints ?
Or maybe even then he still thought prudent to cover his fingers ?
As a Cardiologist , he would be used to being careful , to a degree , in high stress scenarios.

Last edited:
If Herr Wolters both has solved the crime and has the culprit in prison, serving time for other offences, why does Scotland Yard need extra funding?
A good question with no obvious answer, other than keeping up the pretence of investigation.

If Herr Wolters both has solved the crime and has the culprit in prison, serving time for other offences, why does Scotland Yard need extra funding?
Very good question, in 2020 the appeals could be seen as joint cooperation asking for the same info, since then we know what Wolters has said, and its almost like the BKA have taken the lead, but if the BKA have shared and why wouldn't they given the appeals were on the same page, have Grange not seen anything that convinces them that the BKA have the right man. Then we have the PJ .All IMO of course.

But the opposite is also and more pertinent imo, the prosecution have to prove, he (CB) could have been in Luz and had nothing to do with it, as West londoner pointed out, how is Madeleine supposed to have been spirited out of 5a, no one can seem to answer that question in a positive manner only speaking from opinion.
Back to grange a minute, way back when, Hogan Howe a MET commisioner spoke of one critical line of enquiry, in 2017 Rowley talked of critical lines, years later ,2023 more funding suggests what ever they were onto doesn't lead to CB, imo.
Does it lead anywhere or is it just an enormous pretence ?

A good question with no obvious answer, other than keeping up the pretence of investigation.
Makes no sense though given the recent criticism of the MET and how its run, controversy is the last thing they need.

Does it lead anywhere or is it just an enormous pretence ?
What ever the ins or outs of the suspects in 2014, was it to rule them out, same with CB although the Germans seem convinced, or were.

Last edited:
Yes .. but were there not also some unusable prints ?
Or maybe even then he still thought prudent to cover his fingers ?
As a Cardiologist , he would be used to being careful , to a degree , in high stress scenarios.
Thats a new one, not seen any where GM was said to have worn gloves.

Makes no sense though given the recent criticism of the MET and how its run, controversy is the last thing they need.
The Met's new commissioner is connected with this investigation, and has been for years. Calls for an inquiry into it's methods and lack of success wouldn't help the beleaguered Force at the moment. The Germans are looking at CB on suspicion that he abducted and murdered a child. It would be very interesting to see the evidence which convinced OG that there was an abduction. The PJ didn't find it.

The Met's new commissioner is connected with this investigation, and has been for years. Calls for an inquiry into it's methods and lack of success wouldn't help the beleaguered Force at the moment. The Germans are looking at CB on suspicion that he abducted and murdered a child. It would be very interesting to see the evidence which convinced OG that there was an abduction. The PJ didn't find it.
I don't think there is any evidence. Didn't OG say at one point that it was their professional opinion that MM had been abducted, or something to that effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackparsley