Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you interpreted it from this article perhaps , sometime in the past , rather than from a statement ?

“The man carrying the girl was middle-aged and more formally dressed than the average tourist, in beige trousers and a dark blazer-like top.”

It does have the word “ formally” as more of a general description , and “dark blazer-like top” does match with CB’s attire .
Where's the mention of the top, I've seen this in that article which ties in with MS statement in the files.

They decided to inform investigating police, and at the end of May 2007, Martin, Aoife and Peter flew back out to Portugal to make statements. They gave similar accounts of the man they had witnessed: average build, short brown hair, beige trousers; and the child: blonde, around four, and wearing pyjamas.

He was wearing cream or beige-coloured cloth trousers in a classic cut. He did not see his shoes. He did not notice the body clothing and cannot describe the colour or fashion of the same.

Just want to make an observation....

If CB was dressed like a guest, he could blend in as one of them. The children were perhaps used to being checked on by adults who weren't their parents which might delay a fear response...

Is it possible the suspect broke in thru the window with intent to steal and encountered MM and stole the tragic opportunity? MM might have been in bed but also if he had tried the door first, MM may have heard it and went to the door expecting to see her parents and could've been standing in the front room when the suspect came through the window.

She may even have spoken. "I want my mommy. Where's my daddy?" To which he easily could have said, in a sick reassuring voice, "let me bring you to them."

Start to finish, mere moments...

Secreted away in minutes.

Breaks my heart anew every time I think about it.

JMO

From the above I think its fair to say from the original PJ files the top description cannot be attributed to the Smiths.

If CB was dressed like a guest, he could blend in as one of them. The children were perhaps used to being checked on by adults who weren't their parents which might delay a fear response...

Is it possible the suspect broke in thru the window with intent to steal and encountered MM and stole the tragic opportunity? MM might have been in bed but also if he had tried the door first, MM may have heard it and went to the door expecting to see her parents and could've been standing in the front room when the suspect came through the window.

She may even have spoken. "I want my mommy. Where's my daddy?" To which he easily could have said, in a sick reassuring voice, "let me bring you to them."

Start to finish, mere moments...

Secreted away in minutes.

Breaks my heart anew every time I think about it.

JMO
Fair points, but the alleged broken window would be picked apart by any half decent defence lawyer, there was no sign of a break in, the crime scene photos cannot point to one, no forensics etc.

One of many scenarios. None have yet been proved correct.

What do you mean by the front room? The main door of the 5A apartment led to the hallway, marked on this plan with 7. Two rooms that faced to the front side of the apartment, were the children bedroom (right side of the corridor when you had your back to the main entrance) where all three kids were sleeping and the kitchen (left side). Then on the right there were entrances to the toilet and the main bedroom and at the end of the hall area was the living room, adjacent to the kitchen. The living room did not face the front side of the apartment and it had a glass slidig door leading to the patio. Then there were the stairs leading down from the patio to the alley between the apartment buildings and the fenced area of the Ocean Club.

According to Kate's statement there was a window open, in the childrens room. The sliding patio door, again according to McCanns, were left unlocked, so if CB or whoever else, tried the patio door, they would have no need to enter through the window.

Where's the mention of the top, I've seen this in that article which ties in with MS statement in the files.

They decided to inform investigating police, and at the end of May 2007, Martin, Aoife and Peter flew back out to Portugal to make statements. They gave similar accounts of the man they had witnessed: average build, short brown hair, beige trousers; and the child: blonde, around four, and wearing pyjamas.

He was wearing cream or beige-coloured cloth trousers in a classic cut. He did not see his shoes. He did not notice the body clothing and cannot describe the colour or fashion of the same.
This was mentioned in the previous posts ?
From report of PS’s son in PS statement , and from latest MS statement at end of Smith/PJ link.

Probably irrelevant, this is the person (RN) that I felt resembled the male carrying the child the most. NF says that she had no romantic involvement with CB. Could the reason that CB slept outside in his van be that NF was with RN at the time? If NF is anyway involved and RN was around at this time then there is a high probability that RN could've been involved as well, maybe as a possible accomplice? The photo fits.

1679831624184.jpeg

From the above I think its fair to say from the original PJ files the top description cannot be attributed to the Smiths.

Fair points, but the alleged broken window would be picked apart by any half decent defence lawyer, there was no sign of a break in, the crime scene photos cannot point to one, no forensics etc.

What do you mean by the front room? The main door of the 5A apartment led to the hallway, marked on this plan with 7. Two rooms that faced to the front side of the apartment, were the children bedroom (right side of the corridor when you had your back to the main entrance) where all three kids were sleeping and the kitchen (left side). Then on the right there were entrances to the toilet and the main bedroom and at the end of the hall area was the living room, adjacent to the kitchen. The living room did not face the front side of the apartment and it had a glass slidig door leading to the patio. Then there were the stairs leading down from the patio to the alley between the apartment buildings and the fenced area of the Ocean Club.

According to Kate's statement there was a window open, in the childrens room. The sliding patio door, again according to McCanns, were left unlocked, so if CB or whoever else, tried the patio door, they would have no need to enter through the window.
I thought there was some consensus about entry thru a window. I'm happy to abandon that theory.

My primary point is that he could have entered with one intention and left with another. From whichever point of entry. Sliding door makes sense.

He could have encountered MM awake, looking for her parents. And rather than being startled, she might have been inquisitive. Something a suspect would have exploited and capitalized on.

Same dreadful outcome, how ever it occurred.

JMO

I thought there was some consensus about entry thru a window. I'm happy to abandon that theory.

My primary point is that he could have entered with one intention and left with another. From whichever point of entry. Sliding door makes sense.

He could have encountered MM awake, looking for her parents. And rather than being startled, she might have been inquisitive. Something a suspect would have exploited and capitalized on.

JMO
The window has always been a contentious issue.

Whatever point of entry was , a certain criminologist pointed out that the windows didn’t need “ breaking or jemmying “ to open , as seen from about 1.10 to 1.40 in attached clip .

Last edited:
We don't know how people staying at the Ocean Club dressed in the evenings, although Dr Totman seems to have smartened up following his participation in the tennis earlier. One of the T9 mentioned wearing high heels which meant she couldn't run as fast as the others as they all hurried to 5A after the alarm was raised.

Would CB have been dressed up when he was living in a camper van at the time, I wonder?

JMO

That's not an impossible scenario. There wasn't though that much of time for a burglar to exit through the patio door unseen.

- between 8:30 and roughly 9 pm Jez Wilkins was circling the two apartment buildings, pushing the pram.
- minutes before 9 pm Matthew Oldfield went to check on the kids, passing both on his way to and from the apartment the entrance to the alley and the patio of the 5A.
-At 9:05 pm Gerry went to 5A. On his way out he bumped into JW and they spent a bit of time talking basivally at the gate of the patio. At 9:15 they are witnessed by Jane Tanner going to her apartment.
- ten minutes later MO and Russel O'Brien go to their respective apartments, MO then enters 5A through the patio door.
- At 9:40 JT and RO'B make an exchange, that means she goes to the apartment to take care over their vomiting kid and RO'b goes to the tapas, to finish his meal.

As we know Kate discovered Madeleine's vanishing at around 10 pm.

We don't know how people staying at the Ocean Club dressed in the evenings, although Dr Totman seems to have smartened up following his participation in the tennis earlier. One of the T9 mentioned wearing high heels which meant she couldn't run as fast as the others as they all hurried to 5A after the alarm was raised.

Would CB have been dressed up when he was living in a camper van at the time, I wonder?
It seems there were times , at least driving around in campervan , he was dressed smartly .

1679835677947.jpeg

Probably irrelevant, this is the person (RN) that I felt resembled the male carrying the child the most. NF says that she had no romantic involvement with CB. Could the reason that CB slept outside in his van be that NF was with RN at the time? If NF is anyway involved and RN was around at this time then there is a high probability that RN could've been involved as well, maybe as a possible accomplice? The photo fits.

View attachment 411242
The man on the drawing is not a Tannerman nor a Smithman. It's a man seen by Gail Cooper on April 20, 2007. He knocked at the door of her holiday villa claiming to be collecting donations for the orphanage in Espiche.

The man on the drawing is not a Tannerman nor a Smithman. It's a man seen by Gail Cooper on April 20, 2007. He knocked at the door of her holiday villa claiming to be collecting donations for the orphanage in Espiche.
You are of course correct, I mistakenly thought that this image and the other I posted were of the same person.1679837524659.png

View attachment 411242
There is a bit of a similarity between Cooperman and Tannerman efits , although Tannerman seems to have been accepted to be J.Tot , unless someone else was going around at @915 ?
Seems more likely your RN theory has a chance of matching with Gail Cooper sighting .

1679837599914.jpeg1679837646600.jpeg

Last edited:

View attachment 411242
RN

View attachment 411242
RN with middle name ‘Fontanini’?

View attachment 411242
First time I see this...good point.
Can you please remind me what name the initials RN refer to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member