Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Sexta, Police launched a ‘global investigation’ to locate the accomplice, possibly a German drifter.
Could it be CMK? That was a global investigation.

The accomplice could also be the tall blonde German in the playground who got away when CB was arrested for exposing himself. Has he been charged with that?
CP comes to mind. Living in Cambodia.

‘According to Sexta, Police launched a ‘global investigation’ to locate the accomplice, possibly a German drifter.
Could it be CMK? That was a global investigation’.

Absurd.

Has anyone seen the actual interview? It seems impossible to me that HCW would say something so ridiculous.
Just watched it on youtube with sub titles, not the best but basically SF is kind of speculating by saying and she's right how this common criminal was caught stealing diesel in the middle of a public thoroughfare in Portminao is able to orchestrate a plan and to execute the abduction with out an accomplish, she goes on to say Wolters doesn't deny it confirming suspicions about the person on the end of the phone call.

Just watched it on youtube with sub titles, not the best but basically SF is kind of speculating by saying and she's right how this common criminal was caught stealing diesel in the middle of a public thoroughfare in Portminao is able to orchestrate a plan and to execute the abduction with out an accomplish, she goes on to say Wolters doesn't deny it confirming suspicions about the person on the end of the phone call.

Do you have the link to this please?

If he says that it at least tells us what evidence they don’t have.

CP comes to mind. Living in Cambodia.

‘According to Sexta, Police launched a ‘global investigation’ to locate the accomplice, possibly a German drifter.
Could it be CMK? That was a global investigation’.
CP has been described as a ‘drifter pal’.
He gave evidence against him in the rape trial - so I can’t quite see him as an accomplice. He found the videos, he must have been part of the group with HB & MS.

Sandra's a crafty journalist, no doubt about it. (I don't speak Portuguese. Maybe he said it to her thinking it was off the record and she's mentioned it anyway?)

CP has been described as a ‘drifter pal’.
He gave evidence against him in the rape trial - so I can’t quite see him as an accomplice. He found the videos, he must have been part of the group with HB & MS.
Yes, who knows? It was HB and MS who found the videos. As far as I know CP went to CB’s house after them.

The idea of an accomplice makes most sense to me if the window really were found open. That would point to one man passing the child through it, to another who has parked outside.

The problem with this is that if you're a vaguely rational - or at least averagely intelligent - criminal, you're going to realise that recruiting an accomplice is a huge risk.

It's all very well using accomplices in a safety deposit box heist or something, where you maybe need them because they have essential skills you do not have. No help, no heist, I.e. he's necessary. But in a child abduction, an accomplice adds very little, but introduces the risk - the likelihood actually - that they later get picked up randomly for something else. And to get off it, he dobs you in. A crime you had got away with is suddenly connected to you, because the dodgy mate is, well, dodgy.

I don't know how criminals think, especially not this sort of criminal. But if I were one, I'd involve nobody else unless my crime could not proceed at all without their help.

The idea of an accomplice makes most sense to me if the window really were found open. That would point to one man passing the child through it, to another who has parked outside.

The problem with this is that if you're a vaguely rational - or at least averagely intelligent - criminal, you're going to realise that recruiting an accomplice is a huge risk.

It's all very well using accomplices in a safety deposit box heist or something, where you maybe need them because they have essential skills you do not have. No help, no heist, I.e. he's necessary. But in a child abduction, an accomplice adds very little, but introduces the risk - the likelihood actually - that they later get picked up randomly for something else. And to get off it, he dobs you in. A crime you had got away with is suddenly connected to you, because the dodgy mate is, well, dodgy.

I don't know how criminals think, especially not this sort of criminal. But if I were one, I'd involve nobody else unless my crime could not proceed at all without their help.
If CB had an accomplice he trusted so much he probably shared his tastes. There's no sign of an accomplice in any of his other crimes though.

Goes without saying, but even so, what if the accomplice later gets nabbed for something unrelated? And senses a chance to face a lesser charge if he can give the police something? At that point I doubt he's CB's best mate any more. Getting villains to inform on each other has always been a staple police tactic.

OK - so if you listen to HCW in german, he really says the exact opposite to what is claimed by the Mirror.

1. He says multiple times the person on the phone is only a witness as far as they are concerned. As it was a long conversation, for 30 mins, they hope the person can remember it, and provide useful detail. He doesn't say anything like they think that person could be an accomplice. They really don't know anything about the conversation

2. He clearly says multiple times that as far as they are concerned, CB is the only suspect. There is nothing about any accomplice.

In the other video, in english, he effectively makes clear that their evidence is of the murder and not of abduction. He says he does not think NF was the caller. This does not mean he thinks someone else did the abduction!

To me this is an example of how the tabs are really unreliable and thus so much of what is discussed here is based on wild speculation. That's not our fault. It's simply the case that there is little reliable reporting.

e.g Sandra makes wild propositions based on ... what exactly? Then HCW doesn't comment to them.

So then Sandra implies lots of things based on her mysterious sources.

If you just look at what HCW actually says - especially in German he is 100% clear that his keystone piece of evidence against CB is as to murder and he is saying he hopes witnesses, like in the rape video, will give him the hard evidence he needs. He also says they talked to all the people, so my guess is he didn't get the break he was looking for.

Personally I don't think this is all about some sprawling online CSAM case. I think this is a pretty traditional investigation where they need one of the witnesses/associates to tell them where the body is.

That is why they dug up CBs old summer garden. They are looking for the hard evidence he has hidden.

RSBM

One thing I learned on the Delphi case is it is very likely that they do what CB did - i.e go online and chat about crimes. However it can be very difficult for law enforcement to sort out offenders between those who like to talk big and share CSAM online, and those who commit actual sexual assaults and other crimes in real life, as apart from digital crimes.

OK - so if you listen to HCW in german, he really says the exact opposite to what is claimed by the Mirror.

1. He says multiple times the person on the phone is only a witness as far as they are concerned. As it was a long conversation, for 30 mins, they hope the person can remember it, and provide useful detail. He doesn't say anything like they think that person could be an accomplice. They really don't know anything about the conversation

2. He clearly says multiple times that as far as they are concerned, CB is the only suspect. There is nothing about any accomplice.

In the other video, in english, he effectively makes clear that their evidence is of the murder and not of abduction. He says he does not think NF was the caller. This does not mean he thinks someone else did the abduction!

To me this is an example of how the tabs are really unreliable and thus so much of what is discussed here is based on wild speculation. That's not our fault. It's simply the case that there is little reliable reporting.

e.g Sandra makes wild propositions based on ... what exactly? Then HCW doesn't comment to them.

So then Sandra implies lots of things based on her mysterious sources.

Yes, his (and he's made this clear from the off) is a murder investigation. But he did also put a lot of emphasis on that phone call in the early days in terms of placing CB in the close vicinity on the evening of MM's disappearance so it's not surprising that people interpret that as HCW also seeing him as both the murderer and the abductor.

But then, at the same time, he's never concerned himself with anything 5A-related or how MM allegedly came into CB's hands so... who knows.

To be fair to Sandra, HCW has made himself available to her (and the tabloids) on numerous occasions so it's not really surprising that her questions were increasingly designed to extract more info from him than he was willing (or officially able) to give. And he does tend to give rather ambiguous and sometimes contradictory responses so you can't really blame just her or the tabs for coming up with sensational interpretations.

The reason he ends up having to correct erroneous reporting lies also at his own door.

Last edited:
I don't mean you. I mean the article.

Did HCW really say that to Sandra? Do we have the source?

If he said that I am done with the whole thing
Seems you're right.

(Sic);

[Wolters] told Portuguese journalist Sandra Felgueiras during an interview last May: “We are convinced he is the murderer of Maddie McCann.

“We have one suspicious person and this is Christian B.

“There is no other person for us who is suspicious.”

Seems you're right.

(Sic);
Sandra’s sources are likely to be Portuguese police.

BKA are not sharing information with the Portuguese (or British) which may be to protect ongoing operations. That leaves police and Sandra flailing about.

Meanwhile BKA/Europol has closed down a paedophile network. Spanish police have arrested Russian & Mocro Mafia types. Anyone arrested with info on CB may try to trade. Not saying he knew anything about MM but Alexander G (Boys Town) cooperated.

BKA want to keep CB in the news but everything they say to Sandra may be disinformation.

BKA may have intel but need real life sources. Remember the Echelon intercepts of Moroccans talking about the German and the little blonde girl. That sort of thing.

Sandra’s sources are likely to be Portuguese police.

BKA are not sharing information with the Portuguese (or British) which may be to protect ongoing operations. That leaves police and Sandra flailing about.

Meanwhile BKA/Europol has closed down a paedophile network. Spanish police have arrested Russian & Mocro Mafia types. Anyone arrested with info on CB may try to trade. Not saying he knew anything about MM but Alexander G (Boys Town) cooperated.

BKA want to keep CB in the news but everything they say to Sandra may be disinformation.

BKA may have intel but need real life sources. Remember the Echelon intercepts of Moroccans talking about the German and the little blonde girl. That sort of thing.
Expresso from Portugal: "Asked about the reasons for the delay, Wolters declined to provide details, arguing that he does not want to “share the results or the current state of the investigation”. But sources close to the process say that the delay is due to the fact that there are still "steps" in progress in several countries". Namely to hear several witnesses?! Why this will take so long?! or just a hand full of nothing?!

Expresso from Portugal: "Asked about the reasons for the delay, Wolters declined to provide details, arguing that he does not want to “share the results or the current state of the investigation”. But sources close to the process say that the delay is due to the fact that there are still "steps" in progress in several countries". Namely to hear several witnesses?! or just a hand full of nothing?!
What date was that article?

With respect to the Boys Town material, Europol sends intelligence packets to each country. The priority will be to identify living children and for each country to prosecute their perpetrators.

BKA has prosecuted (& convicted) the top 4. They will obviously also be looking at CB - material uploaded and and his communications with others. These ‘others’ may need to be identified and prosecuted by other countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong