Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #34

Status
Not open for further replies.

HCW speaking from about 8.55 onwards in this clip ( in German so I don’t know what saying )

Maybe a German speaker on here can translate ..

The start of clip is muted unedited stream showing set up for interview etc …

Last edited:
Not sure what can be judged from the live stream but they have a dog out - this doesn't look like a painstaking ground search to me. They are all bunched up watching a dog.

I don't suppose we know how long they asked for, do we? If they asked for two weeks and were given two days, that puts a different slant on it versus asking for two days and getting two days.
Going on precedent of SY in 2014 and the German request regarding DNA, I doubt if the investigators only requested two days.

Even if they were certain that is all the time required my opinion is they would have left some breathing space. Or even why put a time limit on it at all either from Germany or Portugal?

I haven’t posted here in a couple of years, but of course like you all, I hope for this case to be solved.

Some info on the search here:

“‘Forget the idea of big trucks and large machinery. A lot of the work that’s going to be done here today will be done by hand with backup technology.’

The insider said there was no plan to bring in sniffer dogs today and did not comment on local reports boats with sonar equipment would comb certain stretches of the water.

High-tech equipment used to detect human remains buried under the earth, as well as underwater if required, is expected to be used.

No heavy machinery was taken to the area yesterday and council officials were spotted carrying a ‘lorryload’ of wheelbarrows to the zone by the hidden leisure area clearing, suggesting police will rake and dig it by hand using the likes of pickaxes rather than excavate earth with diggers in an attempt to preserve any evidence they find.”

HCW speaking from about 8.55 onwards in this clip ( in German so I don’t know what saying )

Nothing that important, just unspecific info. Investigations going on, BKA in charge of the search, done by portugese officials. According to the fact, CB still had no insight into the files yet, they won't go puclic with the results from the last years of investigating against CB, because it wouldn't be fair.

The actual search will take some time and the prosecutors will see IF they are going find something and after that they will decide, what kind info they are going to make public.

Last edited:
I doubt somehow there's an open cheque book, costings will have to have been approved .

He doesn't say much specific

1. Braunschweig still has the case until the courts finally rule that it has to go to Magdeburg
2. There's been things happening over the last 3 years but he can't talk about it
3. He can't say much about developments in Portugal - they've only just started - will take time to assess etc

I take more from the fact that he is doing a presser at all - suggests Germany is driving it

Going on precedent of SY in 2014 and the German request regarding DNA, I doubt if the investigators only requested two days.

Even if they were certain that is all the time required my opinion is they would have left some breathing space. Or even why put a time limit on it at all either from Germany or Portugal?
It was reported yesterday that if there was reason found to continue after two days it would continue. Let's wait and see?

Nothing that important, just unspecific info. Investigations going on, BKA in charge of the search, done by portugese officials. According to the fact, CB still had no insight into the files yet, they won't go puclic with the results from the last years of investigating against CB, bevause it wouldn't be fair.

The actual search will take some time and the prosecutors will see IF they are going find something and after that they will decide, what kind info they are going to make public.

His final answer makes it pretty clear who is driving it all at least.

My opinion is that in 2014 evidence from the phone dump guided the inquiry.
And the area to the West of PdL 2014 was searched because of the S's statements.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mex

BKA is already on the spot, including vans with a licence plate from Wiesbaden. So they even brought their own vehicles with them. Interesting!

Has anyone found the exact place the BKA/PJ/GNR vehicles are?

BKA is already on the spot, including vans with a licence plate from Wiesbaden. So they even brought their own vehicles with them. Interesting!

They don't seem to have any interest in a grid search at all - they seem to be focussed on a couple of specific ideas.

I think they have a specific tip and not just a general idea

A total of 20 to 30 officers could be seen in the area, a dozen of which had sniffer dogs.

I only saw one dog but I presume on site you can see more based on the Sky reporting

So a gravesite search for sure?

ETA - no more live feed

Last edited:

You can put English subtitles on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member