Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, but did you see Nick Pisa's latest take on the same story in the Mail though?

He adds that:

"which Brueckner sinisterly used to call his 'little paradise'."

See. CB said it "all sinisterly" apparently. Nick Pisa said so... so it must be true!!!;)

Also, in this version of the story the "shrine" was on the end rock, not the middle one. And the German mother-of-two is now apparently a German mother-of-three. So I guess she must have given birth over the weekend. Congrats to her!:rolleyes:

Man goes swimming in lake. Wow. What a scoop.

This case attracts the dumbest coverage.

In the court of public opinion (which he does seem quite concerned with) he is widely considered to be responsible for Madeleine’s disappearance. If he had a cast iron alibi for that night it would go a very long way in dispelling that notion don’t you think?
But why should he? It won't alter his current circumstances. Better to wait until he is formally charged, I think.

But why should he? It won't alter his current circumstances. Better to wait until he is formally charged, I think.
No but he claims to be suffering terribly because of all the unfair accusations. Imagine for a moment he does have a cast iron alibi for 3rd May 2007 and knows it. What sort of a sick game would he he be playing by allowing all these accusations to fester in the media? Do you think he might have one but is just enjoying the attention so won’t play it unless formally charged? That sounds too far fetched to me.

No but he claims to be suffering terribly because of all the unfair accusations. Imagine for a moment he does have a cast iron alibi for 3rd May 2007 and knows it. What sort of a sick game would he he be playing by allowing all these accusations to fester in the media? Do you think he might have one but is just enjoying the attention so won’t play it unless formally charged? That sounds too far fetched to me.
Why not, what has he to lose ?

Allegedly he is writing a book. I foresee there will be many books written about him including many by psychologists et al. My opinion
I hope so (as long as they're translated into English). If he is ever charged re: Madeleine as much transparency as possible will be important.

Why not, what has he to lose ?
Well, everything he seems to hold dear apparently (his reputation, his relationships with and access to other people, etc). Do you seriously think that he would take this cast iron alibi to his grave if he is never chharged and let the general public go on suspecting him forever of abdcuting Madeleine?

Amazing that a ‘secret lair’ is just a camping place. You have to marvel at the amount of nonsense the sun talks.

Sinister though. JC, since he provided the images, may have helped them along the way with that conclusion.

Fair point but just to clarify, I didn't offer an opposing "take" on it. Your argument of how his goading could be a sign of innocence is valid, but I didn't actually argue it was a sign of guilt.

I was just commenting on how he (IMO) appears to be enjoying the noteriety and treating this as a bit of game, regardless of whether he's guilty or not. Either way, I think he's a bit of narcissist. JMO.

You didn't, but I kind of felt it was inherent in your overall take on him, based on your previous posts on here? But just my perception.

Anyway, no matter. I appreciated your take on the letter, and it's entirely valid - I'm no apologist for CB - but I just wanted to argue the case for viewing his behaviour in a light that didn't involve guilt on his part.

Last edited:
Well, everything he seems to hold dear apparently (his reputation, his relationships with and access to other people, etc). Do you seriously think that he would take this cast iron alibi to his grave if he is never chharged and let the general public go on suspecting him forever of abdcuting Madeleine?
He has no reputation and his access to other people is likely to be pretty limited for the foreseeable future.

I am a bit confused. Are the police supposedly looking for a video camera and a gun disposed of in the dam by the people who broke into CB's house or they are searching around CB's camp for evidence he himself might have left behind? Or is it both?

He has no reputation and his access to other people is likely to be pretty limited for the foreseeable future.
OK, we’re going to have to agree to disagree on this one. To me it makes absolutely no sense to whinge about how unfair the world is treating you whilst simulatenously keeping your cast iron alibi under wraps. How is keeping the world’s attention firmly on him and in the frame for this heinous crime to his advantage in your view?

I am a bit confused. Are the police supposedly looking for a video camera and a gun disposed of in the dam by the people who broke into CB's house or they are searching around CB's camp for evidence he himself might have left behind? Or is it both?
Nobody knows for sure and we can only speculate.

If he had, at least, a kind of alibi would he wait ("relaxed" and isolated) to demean BKA right away? To whom he blames and accuses...
But, in fact, FF was (is?) very confident: "When I reveal it you will fall off your chair."...LOL

Last edited:
I don't know if this is reported anywhere else. On today's Sunday paper in Greece, there is an article about one of the police informants.

Apparently, he is the one that broke into CB's house to steal fuel and found the videocamera and videos depicting violent crimes including the rape of the old lady. He is a 53year old German man that has been living as a drifter around Europe and is being held in jail in Chania, Greece, over trafficking charges. He tipped off Scotland Yard back in 2017 about CB's involvement in Madeleine's case. He is named in the article as "Helge Lars B."

The "Greek" who shed light on Madeleine's case [google translated]

I have to admit the only sinister thing that comes out of this article is the fact that CB cleansed himself and his clothes in the reservoir that brings water to some cities. hopefully it is only used to irrigate agricultural land in the region :)

And golf fields.

Fair point but just to clarify, I didn't offer an opposing "take" on it. Your argument of how his goading could be a sign of innocence is valid, but I didn't actually argue it was a sign of guilt.

I was just commenting on how he (IMO) appears to be enjoying the noteriety and treating this as a bit of game, regardless of whether he's guilty or not. Either way, I think he's a bit of narcissist. JMO.
I fully agree with you, IMO certainly not an indication of innocence. Writing is something he resorts to when he feels under pressure & IMO when HE’S very happy.- I think he’ll have been projecting this way for years & the majority of it won’t have been for anybody else to read. It’s a way to vent & bypass any notion of cooperating yet still proclaiming innocence. If he had an alibi, he & his defence wouldn’t be waiting for some dramatic box-office game-changing murder trial reveal. They’d have shared it 2 years ago & had the case dropped. They wouldn’t have taken the risk.

I don’t think the hunger strike & the letters are the mark of an innocent man. IMO they’re the mark of a very frustrated man & IMO these searches have alarmed him & he’s attempting a counter narrative & trying to create excuses for not cooperating but still being the ‘innocent’ man.

I think his letters are also much more than venting. He’s a narcissist & iMO a psychopath. His letters are an attempt to act like he’s in control. But in reality nobody from the investigation is buying this stroppy hard-done-by teenager routine. It doesn’t really affect anything, which will further anger him.

Last point ( I promise) - IMO letters are also a source of pleasure & IMO there are thing’s he’s written that are very significant to him that’ll never be picked up by any of us.

If such a thing exists then you'd also need the accused's lawyer(s) to trust the prosecutors. Difficult to believe any trust exists in this case when the prosecutors have been consistently leaking information to the media throughout.

If such a thing exists then you'd also need the accused's lawyer(s) to trust the prosecutors. Difficult to believe any trust exists in this case when the prosecutors have been consistently leaking information to the media throughout.
I don't understand why you think the prosecution and the defence need to trust each other. Both sides are trying to win the case within the law and no doubt they trust each other to do so to the best of their ability.

I appreciate that there has been some disquiet expressed about on the record statements from the BKA spokesman. I don't think that constitutes constantly leaking though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard