Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference being he was charged in the latter 5 cases, but not in the MM case. So of course in a case where you are actually charged, your defence team start in on procedural arguments.
I think you are expert in putting the cart before the horse with regard to this case. I see no logic in adding another case to the list of five already in the pipeline. I do see the logic in the police continuing their investigation into MM's case using the opportunity given to them by this procedural holdup.

The point about the five cases on hold is that quite obviously all the legal formalities allowing CB to be charged had been gone through and had been accepted as valid because they were proceeding to trial. All five that we know of.
All that his lawyers had to work with was the jurisdiction procedure. As a delaying tactic it was classic, but that is all one can say about it. It doesn't make any of the accepted charge sheets go away.

I wonder if they have been able to get all the call data for that phone?

Maybe tower data as well?

SMS data?

In the McStay family murders, they got the tower azimuths for calls 4 years later, but it turned out basic pings (i.e phone connects to tower but no call/sms) were only stored for 6 mths.
After a decade and more ?

That seems a bit short=sighted as there could potential be other people involved in removal of MM who would then go unpunished.
Even if CB did kill her, he might just be the last link in the chain of criminality
In that scenario he could give up the names of any accomplish.

Back to the very beginning, how was Madeleine secreted out of 5a, even Wolters hasn't come up with an answer,
You don't know that. When has HCW said they don't know? He's said he doesn't want to comment on it.

I personally suspect they do know some element of it, either through a confession to someone or something CB has written down. Maybe not conclusive proof but there's so many things that will be kept secret at this stage, we can't assume what the investigators do or don't know based on press stories. What if JT or one of the Smith family (other than Martin) has said they think CB is the man they saw? What if they have found CB's DNA in the apartment? What if an accomplice is helping the BKA and has fessed up to their involvement in the crime and explained what happened?

Point is, we can't assume. HCW may have little interest in talking about the events that took place in 5A simply because it is of no relevance to the public appeal. They want to know the places where CB went afterwards because they need the body, divulging what they suspect happened in 5A doesn't help with that in the slightest. JMO.

The airport number was Augsburg Germany, probably AB’s number.

I think the only numbers they have are the ones for 2-4 May. IMO, there are probably more calls from 680 number during that period - probably prior to the 7:30pm call.

I don’t think SIM cards store call data but they may provide other useful info.
A SIM could have his texts. If he gave that SIM back to BP, BKA could have the whole operation.

Reactions: Mex
I think you are expert in putting the cart before the horse with regard to this case. I see no logic in adding another case to the list of five already in the pipeline. I do see the logic in the police continuing their investigation into MM's case using the opportunity given to them by this procedural holdup.

The point about the five cases on hold is that quite obviously all the legal formalities allowing CB to be charged had been gone through and had been accepted as valid because they were proceeding to trial. All five that we know of.
All that his lawyers had to work with was the jurisdiction procedure. As a delaying tactic it was classic, but that is all one can say about it. It doesn't make any of the accepted charge sheets go away.

BIB. Fine. But it is clear why FF would conduct an active defence in charged cases, it's a fundamental of criminal procedure to defend on both form and substance. It's literally his job.

A SIM could have his texts. If he gave that SIM back to BP, BKA could have the whole operation.
I agree that it’s technically possible. It depends on the storage capacity of the SIM and if it was pay-as-you-go, it wouldn’t have been high.

You don't know that. When has HCW said they don't know? He's said he doesn't want to comment on it.

I personally suspect they do know some element of it, either through a confession to someone or something CB has written down. Maybe not conclusive proof but there's so many things that will be kept secret at this stage, we can't assume what the investigators do or don't know based on press stories. What if JT or one of the Smith family (other than Martin) has said they think CB is the man they saw? What if they have found CB's DNA in the apartment? What if an accomplice is helping the BKA and has fessed up to their involvement in the crime and explained what happened?

Point is, we can't assume. HCW may have little interest in talking about the events that took place in 5A simply because it is of no relevance to the public appeal. They want to know the places where CB went afterwards because they need the body, divulging what they suspect happened in 5A doesn't help with that in the slightest. JMO.

I think they have the outline of a theory from confessions, and other circumstantial points - e.g. if stolen goods from OC were recovered at the box factory, these are the foundations of a case.

I suspect they lack the evidence which directly connects him to the murder - either digital or forensic.

I agree that it’s technically possible. It depends on the storage capacity of the SIM and if it was pay-as-you-go, it wouldn’t have been high.
It's about modern sims but I doubt they've altered much.

What can a SIM store?

The SIM comes in storage capacities from as low as 8KB right up to 256 KB. That might not sound like a lot but it is enough to store up to 250 contacts right there on the SIM.

That means, when you change phone, the contacts go with you on the SIM. Although most phones now let you store them in the cloud with far more rich data like addresses, emails and even pictures.

SIMS can also store SMS text messages. the number that can be stored depends on the SIM but in most cases modern SIMs aren't used as a memory bank since phones have plenty and lots of storage is now cloud based.

Where has Wolters ever mentioned 5a or alluded to please.

It's about modern sums but I doubt they've altered much.

What can a SIM store?

The SIM comes in storage capacities from as low as 8KB right up to 256 KB. That might not sound like a lot but it is enough to store up to 250 contacts right there on the SIM.

That means, when you change phone, the contacts go with you on the SIM. Although most phones now let you store them in the cloud with far more rich data like addresses, emails and even pictures.

SIMS can also store SMS text messages. the number that can be stored depends on the SIM but in most cases modern SIMs aren't used as a memory bank since phones have plenty and lots of storage is now cloud based.

Yeah, I know this. I think if it’s a non-contracted SIM, it would very likely be 8KB.

Yeah, I know this. I think if it’s a non-contracted SIM, it would very likely be 8KB.
Which is likely to be of little use save any text message or contact number, it's the memory card which would hold the more attention imo.

Of course, he would need an accomplice for my theory and we haven’t seen much evidence that BKA have someone else in their sights.

But there could be texts to others, eg. Lena or NF that would suggest he was in PdL, not available for a date.

With respect we most definitely have not had sight of the evidence which convinced those who have that CB is a suspect in MM's murder.
As far as I can tell - the only one.

At the conclusion of the search of the Arade dam we were promised immediate information if nothing was found and nothing if something was. To date we have been told nothing. Which is suggestive of the latter circumstance and results of forensics being awaited.

I think that is more important than cryptic letters to the editor from the only suspect in murder and attempts at misinterpreting the bias reported in the MSM which starts and ends with CB.
He's definitely the only one, and given the gung ho way the prosecutors first went public (three years ago next week) it would be an almighty climbdown now for them to have to admit they can't backup what they claimed.

But if he's convicted on the other charges that makes it a lot easier for them to admit the MM case remains unsolved. They can claim the aim was always just to keep him off the streets as long as possible. They will spin it to leave most people in no doubt they still think he was responsible for whatever happened to Madeleine, and that will have to be enough for those who had so much faith in them. (jmo)

He's definitely the only one, and given the gung ho way the prosecutors first went public (three years ago next week) it would be an almighty climbdown now for them to have to admit they can't backup what they claimed.

But if he's convicted on the other charges that makes it a lot easier for them to admit the MM case remains unsolved. They can claim the aim was always just to keep him off the streets as long as possible. They will spin it to leave most people in no doubt they still think he was responsible for whatever happened to Madeleine, and that will have to be enough for those who had so much faith in them. (jmo)
I will be very surprised if we hear anything about the results of the Dam search. As soon as HCW said that they would inform the public if nothing was found but would not say anything if they did find something, I thought that was a weird dodgy thing to say.

It will be a travesty if CB is not charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288